The Bright Lord

*** Vendetta ring won't upgrade

[ Edited ]

The ring says in the description that it will level up when I shame a level 40 or higher Vendetta target. I have done this at least twice. 

Here are the pictures of the latest succesful shaming and the ring description.

[Modedit : added to tracking sticky, edited title.

Highlighted
The Bright Lord

Re: Vendetta ring won't upgrade

The Bright Lord

My platform is xbox one.

----------------------------------
I'm sorry for the tripple post but it only let's me upload one image per post...?

Novice

Ive got the exact same issue! 5 times I've shamed a lol 41 vendetta target and it still won't register or let me upgrade the dsmned ring!! Winding me up now
The Bright Lord

I just saw another thread where someone had the same issue for the higher level version of this ring. It seems to be a wide issue. I hope thye fix it soon because it is very frustrating when things don't work like they should. Not to mention I actually use this ring and focus is pretty damned important.
Novice

Re: *** Vendetta ring won't upgrade

I hope the yfix soon, I play in PC and have the same issue but my ring is lvl 40 and I triying with captains lvl 55 or more. The last time I try it with lvl 58 captian and nothing is so frustating.
Novice

The problem is that the game does the level check for the challenge AFTER you've shamed them. Meaning that they need to STILL be level 40 or higher AFTER the shaming is complete. 

For the level 40 challenge you simply need to shame an orc who is at least level 45. Unfortunately, there's a challenge to shame (worse than death) a level 55 orc. Worse than death drops the target by 12 levels, which means you'd need to shame a target who is at least level 67 - but Talion can't get any higher than level 60, and vendetta targets always spawn at or near your level, so it's not possible to get a level 67 target. 

Until they patch this, the level 40 challenge is still doable, but the level 55 challenge is impossible. 

Uruk

Was wondering if that was the issue but I couldn't believe it to be so simple. Hopefully it won't be too much for them to fix that.
Novice

Im having the same issue.

I have tried upgrading the ring of venegeance 4 times to no prevail, i have tried multiple tricks to see what would work and even looked on other forums with zero results other than slight frustration and disappointment when I bought the gold edition on xbox one, I have found few bugs other than this one, but this is a pretty big one for me.

I want to enjoy the game and complete every aspect of it, which I have so far (minus completing shadow wars.... yet) I even did the "trolling" achievement that took me an hour to accomplish.

I just want to be able to do what the game has offered

(I was told to comment here what I had posted)
The Bright Lord

Could you provide more details maybe? Exactly what is the update challenge? i.e. what level are you on? What did you do to meet it?

My vendetta ring is now level 60 and I was under the impression this was patched.
Novice

I need to upgrade it to the level 60 version and every time I do a 58+ it doesn't work. (Yes I have the ring equipped when I do it) I've even recruited the captain and shunned him and it still not work. I've been waiting for a patch for it but still won't work. I've read so many forums telling me to try something and every time it doesn't work for me. Please patch this ASAP
Warchief

I  have the same problem for almost a month now. I haven't played the game in two weeks and I was hoping it would have been fixed in the latest patch, but it still isn't possible to upgrade the rune of vengeance to level 60. It is really frustrating. I was expecting this would have been fixed by now. There have been threads about this subject for weeks.

Novice

Having same issue. Fix this WB! I need my vengeance rune and I’ll be complete
Novice

The lvl 60 challenge is also possible, but it's not working as they say it would...

during vendettas some guys can be over lvl 60 you need to shame them WITHOUT the worse than death upgrade... this way they'll stay above lvl 55 and the challenge will be completed

Warchief

dings10 wrote:

The lvl 60 challenge is also possible, but it's not working as they say it would...

during vendettas some guys can be over lvl 60 you need to shame them WITHOUT the worse than death upgrade... this way they'll stay above lvl 55 and the challenge will be completed

@dings10 No, it doesn't work. Many have tried this and other methods, but nothing works. It needs to be fixed by Monolith.

The Bright Lord

For clarity mine has updated (I'm pretty sure, I'll check later if I remember to).

But appearently people are still having this bug regardlessly?

On a side note: rings do not drop for me apart from legendaries.
Novice

benelli86 wrote:

@dings10 No, it doesn't work. Many have tried this and other methods, but nothing works. It needs to be fixed by Monolith.

I did what dings10  a shile back and it worked for me. Other have said the same. Why it didn't for you I cannot say.

But I do agree that it is bugged. For the level 60 upgrade it doesn't follow what the displayed task is. And for both the level 40 and 60 it bases the success on the level of the captain AFTER the shaming is done. Hopefully next patch, though I haven't heard anything about it specifically.

Novice

I was going through hell with this challenge, but @dings10 advice worked for me. You have to be at level 60, so you can face a lvl 61 Vengeance Target. I removed the worse than death perk and it worked. I was shocked, but it worked.