Novice

*** The Arena quest broken!

[ Edited ]

The arena quest is impossible to complete.

This is my 2nd playthrough so I know how it was supposed to play out.

In the start of the quest I dont get to face off against the olag, instead I get to fight a legendary orc (torz jitters) followed by 2 others. When I kill the last one nothing happens the regular orcs just keep spawning over n over and it never ends.

Also im fairly certain the last captain should be your nemesis, but in my case its just a random lvl 6 captain that dies effortlessly.

[Modedit: added to tracking sticky, edited title.  Please also report this to support.wbgames.com]

[Modedit: Latest Update (12/06/17):

I have an update - it's not a fix - but I wanted to at least let you know what's going on.

We've been having a really hard time reproducing the bug on our end. And if we can't repro the problem we can't diagnose and solve it. Even with all the information you've provided and some of the fixes proposed from the community that worked for some of you - it wasn't helping address the underlying, universal issue. It's like seeing the symptoms but not the disease.

Last night, our stalwart QA team was able to repro the issue and gave our dev team a solid lead on the underlying issue.

Now our dev team is attacking the problem with real intel. I don't have a timeline, unfortunately, and I can't guarantee what will come of this...but I wanted to at least let you all know that there was a meaningful milestone hit last night, and one that's critical to ultimately fixing the problem.

Thank you for sticking with us. We sincerely appreciate the time you spend with us here in the community and with our game.

I know I say that a lot on this board but it's the truth. We're going to keep working on giving you the best experience we can. We're genuinely sorry that hasn't been the case for some of you yet, but we're here with you and we're on it.

Thank you all.

MonolithMark]

Novice

Re: The Arena quest broken!

Im on PS4 btw.

Novice

Re: The Arena quest broken!

I've encountered this bug on Xbox One. 

This sucks. Spent so much time grinding for gems/exp, and now this. 

Novice

Re: *** The Arena quest broken!

I just submitted a ticket earlier about the bug in the arena mission that doesn't let me finish the mission and you send me an email saying the ticket is closed? For real wtf good are is this if you dont address serious gameplay issues and just close tickets when people ask for help. Once again, tried the arena mission several times for several hours and beat 3 main guys and then it says defeat champion but all it does is send endless amounts of orc grunts with no end or final champion. Cannot finish the mission and therefore cannot finish or play the game. This is a waste of 100$ perorder i payed if i cant finish the game. If you cannot remedy this i would like a refund of the money. Talion level 32. No enemies in arena mission above 15. Also since playing this mission i now get a save data error that i will lose my data and it cannot be saved with new version of the game????? Never happened until in tried this mission.
Novice

That's what i wrote them. Having same issue. On pc.
Novice

I had the same problem on PC. I fixed it by killing my nemesis who was stuck in a Vendetta quest. After killing him the Olag Champion apperaed in the Arena.

Novice

Same here as well. Neverending orcs spawn after the first three captains. I do not get an olog as the first. I am on Xbox.

Novice

Same here. Has anybody heard yet if Monolith is aware of the problem and will be sending an update soon?
Novice

How do we find out if they are going to be fixing this problem?
Novice

Playing throught first time and I am getting no final champion either, just endless tiresome orcs.
Novice

You guys need to call WB Game Support like I did and submit a ticket over the phone. The lady told me doing it online won't do anything. The techs check the forums but there hasnt been enough of us to put this problem on thier radar. (855)924-2637 - the wait isnt too long. Tell them your having the same problem and hopefully they'll confirm a patch coming soon. 

Novice

Thx for the number BBaum. Gave u a kudo. I called and Jacob was fantastic with his customer service skills! Mine was a simple fix, start up shadow of mordor, play nemesis forge. identify you nemesis.

http://support.wbgames.com/link/portal/24022/24028/Article/1595/Shadow-of-Mordor-Nemesis-Forge-FAQ
Start shadow of war and run arena quest.
Done
Thx again BBaum for the contact.😁
Novice

Bug in Arena Fight??

Hello, i´m in a mission where is supposed to defeat the “Champion of the Arena”, however after i´ve killed 2 ou 3 captains, there is no “champion” in the arena, only stupid warriors jumping from the seats to the arena. When i did this vídeo, i already was waiting for the champion about 2 minutes, and nothing happends… What´s goin on?? What did i miss? Is this a bug? Thanks a lot for a possible help!

https://streamable.com/sgn1l

Novice

HELPPP

I have been playing the Minas Ithil fight pit quest "the arena" over and over. The 4th captain doesn't appear. I can't advance past this point. This is ridiculous! Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this???? I uninstalled and reinstalled... It's still screwed up. I have never had such a bad experience with a game on PS4. 

Novice

Does anyone know how to fix it now? I did what Spiky said but it didn't work...
Novice

Re: Bug in Arena Fight??

I'm in the same situation! I already emailed support and they said it's being sent to the bug team but no word as of yet. If anyone has an idea on what to do please let us know. And I definitely don't want to start over with new save because of all the content I obtained before this looping mission.

Have experienced the same situation. I was sent an email with the ticket number.
I was told to restart my PS4 unplug it for a minute and put it back. That did not work. Then I was told to reinstall the game. That will not work for me. Mine is not a disc. I will lose all progress.
I sent in a clip showing that it's never-ending Orcs and never goes to the cutscene. All was also told that no one else was having this issue. So I sent in a link to this thread.

I am waiting for a response. The more people that call that number and get a ticket the faster this will be resolved.
If anyone figure something out before then I would much appreciate it.
Novice

Same issue.... I am in Australia !Dont kniw who to contact!Any email address Pls?
Novice

I emailed support and they game me a ticket num. Few mins later I recieved an email saying that the ticket has been closed and ordered me to check community posts here....For God's sake...this is so frustrating!

support@wbgames.com