Re: *** The Arena quest broken!

Here's another one 

I'll try that today.
Thank you.

@Johnnybcool I did what you said but can't load my saved data. In the game option I only can start a new game. No way to continue. I believe you guys could load your saved data into the reinstalled game. But how?

@Parshayan on PS4 all you have to is don't delete your saved data reinstall your game and when you get to the main menu it gives you the option continue story which is your saved data and new story. idk how to load saved data on other platforms.
Community Admin

[ Edited ]

Hi @MWN55 @Parshayan @AZ_Vampire @Dramonicous @Johnnybcool and everyone else on this thread!

I have an update - it's not a fix - but I wanted to at least let you know what's going on.

We've been having a really hard time reproducing the bug on our end. And if we can't repro the problem we can't diagnose and solve it. Even with all the information you've provided and some of the fixes proposed from the community that worked for some of you - it wasn't helping address the underlying, universal issue. It's like seeing the symptoms but not the disease.

Last night, our stalwart QA team was able to repro the issue and gave our dev team a solid lead on the underlying issue.

Now our dev team is attacking the problem with real intel. I don't have a timeline, unfortunately, and I can't guarantee what will come of this...but I wanted to at least let you all know that there was a meaningful milestone hit last night, and one that's critical to ultimately fixing the problem.

Thank you for sticking with us. We sincerely appreciate the time you spend with us here in the community and with our game.

I know I say that a lot on this board but it's the truth. We're going to keep working on giving you the best experience we can. We're genuinely sorry that hasn't been the case for some of you yet, but we're here with you and we're on it.

Thank you all.

Novice

I can confirm that Nimrods method works. On PS4 when you go to the menu to uninstall the game there’ll be an option to upload your save. Reinstalled and it worked fine!

@MonolithMark finally! Thank you. It has been a real torture. I also believe it's not that easy for you since you couldn't reproduce. However since I myself had years of programming experiences I would have always suggested to do a hot fix with re-calculating and with that recreating the nemisis. That would have helped anyway. Nevertheless the torture seems to end soon. I just hope you will also announce a date for the update. I literally stopped playing the game. It's sad very sad for such a product. So kindly let us know sooner about that milestone deadline. Appreciate it. Thank you

@MonolithMark Thank you for the update and more for the response. When you feel like your on an island by yourself it makes the situation even more frustrating.

Chrissold666 unfortunately didn't work for Xbox one X since my saved data isn't read by the first installer. It seems that saved data of first installer is different than after updating. Hope I don't have to start from scratch if it doesn't read the saved files.
Highlighted

We attempted what Nimrod suggested again. Did not work.
Novice

I simply quit while in quest and recontinued made sure to let all orcs speak both arrival and confrontation message and it worked for me.

Unfortunately ok Xbox one X couldn't perform the Ps4 work around. Now lost all my saved data coz it wasn't compatible anymore. Don't know what WB did here. Making saved data after an reinstall unload able. Very unfortunate. Now had to start from sketch. Hope it works now.

So finally the champion appears after starting new. Deleting saved progress.. Now I am off from this group (unless I encounter some other sewer problems). Thank you for all others for the help. Still disappointed by the support here. A quicker response and fix would have been better.
Novice

I was having the same problem with the champion not showing up and just finding random orcs in the arena. What I ended up doing, much to my chagrin, is starting a new game. I deleted any trace on my PS4 of Shadow of Mordor, so no save info and no game install. Then I saved my current Shadow of War to cloud storage, or so I thought, and deleted it off the PS. Then I started a new game of Shadow of War and ran through the missions until I got to the Arena, I was about level 9 by this time. It worked just as it was supposed to. This time I got 3 captains and then I got a Nemesis. I'm not sure if he was from Shadow of Mordor or not cause I don't remember my Nemisis' name from that game.

I thought I was being smart and saving my old game data to the cloud just in case they finally fixed the problem and then I could download it again and play with it but turns out it was gone the only save data I had was from the new game I started, bummer. But at least I'm finally past the Arena mission.

Novice

I think I have a fix. I went through and killed off every orc captain that I had interacted with. Also, for good measure I killed off every Captain I had collected Intel on. Basically the only captains that were listed were blacked out since I had no information listed on them. I then went back and the mission worked as intended. I think the problem is that the system is trying to pull and work that might have killed you earlier in the game but if they are locked up in an online Revenge mission with somebody else it locks up the mission. Somebody please try this and let us know if it fixes this issue.
Novice

Broken arena possible fic

I think I have a fix. I went through and killed off every orc captain that I had interacted with. Also, for good measure I killed off every Captain I had collected intel on. Basically the only captains that I had listed were blacked out since I had no information listed on them. I then went back and the mission worked as intended. I think the problem is that the system is trying to pull an Orc that might have killed you earlier in the game but if they are locked up in an online revenge mission with somebody else it locks up the mission. Somebody please try this and let us know if it fixes this issue.
Novice

I just hate to lay down $100 for a game that is essentially broken for me. I mean, the Spider area opens up, I go there of course, kick butt/take names, have spent 45+ hours in the opening areas. Fix didn’t work for me. Hope they patcg it soon. I’ve stopped playing. Sucks to get a Gold Version of a game that is essentially broken since there is no warning that you have to be level 9 or less.

You should be able to grind out a ton of missions and play any story line fight needed. That’s sort of the reward for actually playing and not buying loot boxes.

Same here. Silver Edition level 41 matching legendary set. Had to start over on a different user account and got right through to act two.
I also hope they fix it so I can go back and finish that user account but I'm not holding my breath..
Novice

I think I know a way so that the devs can recreate this bug and find a fix for it.

I play Shadow of War on PC, the normal edition from Steam. Played on Nemesis difficulty and now level 24 with 20 hours of gameplay experience. I killed the Olog-hai that was supposed to be my first opponent in The Arena quest and the dialog still reads "They seem to like their champion's chances. And it must be said, he has size on his side," which is weird because I'm just fighting a normal-sized uruk. I also played Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and completed the Nemesis Forge game mode leaving only 1 Captain behind in Shadow of War which should become my nemesis in the next game in the "The Arena" quest, but I could never find him, the orcs never stop. I went on through maybe more than 100 orcs in the span of 30+minutes. Hope this could help the devs in recreating "The Arena" quest bug.

Novice

Same issue here! Has anyone figured out a work around? This sucks!

PS4 Pro and XBox one X