Novice

Re: *** Save Data Not Compatible/lost

The power went out at my place and when I finally got power all of my progress was gone!! I didn’t delete the update, never got an error message, nothing! It’s now asking me to start a new game. I had over 2 days of game play invested! Can anything be done about this issue??
The Bright Lord

Is there any way to manually back up a save on xbox?

Sucks that the cloud doesn't even help.

I lost all my progress 3 weeks ago and nothing has been done, that I can see, to fix it.

Novice

After I called WB (US) I got a prompt e-mail back regarding my ticket and I was asked to provide them with my Hydra ID to check some details. Now I have been asked to provide them with my corrupted save file. However I still don't think it's salvageable thing unless there is a way to recover uncorrupted save files from somewhere else besides your own system. Because as soon as I gave up and literally forced to hit that Continue button, it deleted the corrupted file and replaced with a brand new save. Sucks a thousand times more for people who actually paid for boxes or had a lot more progress. Again, kudos to design team for the easily corruptible auto-save only feature.

Novice

Finally got an answer today. Although it's not great. They are working it but have no immediate fix. They did give me a bunch of free chests and a 8xp boost. I will still wait for the fix though because I will be pissed if I use the xp boost and lose that save file lol. I suggest putting in a ticket.
Novice

So my power went out last night and when i turned teh game on today all the data was gone! This is not great! I had been laying the game for weeks now. 

Novice

This has now happened to me twice the first time wasnt bad cause i was only like 2 hrs in but thsi time I was level 21. If there isnt a way to get that data back i gotta say I wont pick the game up again.

Novice

Got the same answer without the chests and XP Boost. FeelsGoodForYouMan (but Bad for me).

Novice

I am on Xbox One. I have also lost my save today :'(

Novice

I've tried everything but I can not access to my save. Does someone has find something to solve this issue ?

I can not understand why there is no communication about this bug from the developers...

Novice

Holy dukes I just got home and my save data is gone!!
Novice

Is this only an Xbox issue or different consoles. I have an Xbox one and it happened to me.
Novice

It is on Xbox One, PS4 et PC. So it should be a bug of the game, not of the console.

Novice

Hi!

Today after rebooting my xbox, all ingame progress was lost. I check my microsoft accaunt- there were all latest achives, but in game, i see the message, it says my save data is not compatible with the latest shadow of war update and if I delete the update my save data will be lost. And after that it offeres me  just to start new game!!

In the sign(below) i see that it remember my 11th level, but how shoud i load that save???

Can You help me???

Novice

There is no solution for the moment : we all are waiting for a patch to recover our save...

I started again...

Novice

Hi guys I was pretty far in shadow of war an my kid messing around with my PS4 went to start new game an nownmy continue game is now gone and I don't know how to get back is there anyway of getting my old save location back?
Novice

What is the status of the bug ? Can I ask for a patial refund ? Because I am not able to play and the price of the game is decreasing... If I had bought the game today I would probably buy it with a lower price.

Novice

has this been resolved? happened to me today.... hoping to fix this...
Novice

There is no fix for the moment : still waiting for 1 month...