Follower

Re: *** Save Data Not Compatible?

It happens on Injustice 2 as well. It's pretty much just telling you to keep your game updated.
Novice

Same thing here and I'm on PS4. I'm kinda worried about losing my progress. I have uploaded the save file though, just in case. I hope this gets fixed soon on an upcoming patch.

Novice

Thanx. I'll give that a shot. So far nothing bad has happened, but I'm still getting the same warning message every time I quit or boot up; so I'll try what u said & hopefully it'll work.
Novice

same here just made a recent updade, the sign appeared after i completed the recent update file, it said something like this “ recent update is not compatible with old save files” , i dont want to delete my save file and start a new game i already got aswome items and already far on game progress

Novice

Save data completely deleted/missing/incompatible

I have put 20 hours into this game so far and get minor freezes however this time it totally froze my pc and I was forced to manually reboot with the power button on my pc.

Upon restart I find my 20 hours are missing as my save is incompatible.

I am running the same version and everything. If this makes me start from scratch i can see me not playing again; totally ruined experience 

please help!

Link to save folder: https://gyazo.com/8f48023157ad88cd51ef2c26b3a86ceb

Novice

Re: Save data completely deleted/missing/incompatible

As you can see my signature says level 27 but 0% complete!
Novice

Re: Save data completely deleted/missing/incompatible

I'm having that same problem man but I'm on ps4, what did you do? did you get any help?

lmFrosTee wrote:
As you can see my signature says level 27 but 0% complete!

you can see that mine says level 22 and 0% complete

Novice

lost all my progress

I just lost all my progress 

my game file got deleted somehow, I started the game and the only option I had was START NEW GAME, the message  "Your save data is incompatible with previous updates of Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. If you remove this game update, your save data will be lost" was appearing but I read online that it was just a bug but now my game file is gone and I had plenty of hours invested, Talion level was 22.

you can see below that it says that I'm level 22 but 0% complete please help. I'm on PS4

Novice

Re: deleted save

Same thing happened to me today. I was level 46...

Lost my preorder bonus. About 10 legendary orcs. Getting pretty pissed at this game to be honest. I was super excited for it too.

Novice

also having the same issue on pc got to level 48 game crashed had to manually reboot pc and when i went to play agin it said my save data was inompatible with the previous update. pretty pissed as i have quite a bit of time in the game

Novice

Just happened to me. Had a power outage while playing, when the power came back, my save slot is returned to 0.0% and my level 58 Talion is gone. Of course, everything in the market is as the same as it was, everything else is simply gone. Will see if WB/Monolith have a solution for this but I'm not holding my breath.

Novice

Lost saved

So I have completely lost my save file for Shadow of War on my PS4. It started with an update that playstation had about a week ago. My game crashed about 3 times on me after this update. It happened twice during a mission loading screen and once in-game. Each time it would be stuck in a loading screen with the animation on the bottom right. It was so bad that I had to unplug the system to restart it each time. After that I stopped playing the game until they came out with another update the next day. When I started the game and was at the main menu a message saying that my saved data is incompatable with previous updates of the game popped up. I had no continue story option, only start new game. I looked everywhere on my storage and couldn’t find an old save. I’m about 80% done with the game and I have several trophies as well to prove my progression. If there’s anyway I could restore my save and progress, it would be greatly appreciated. Much thanks,
-Zack
Novice

I'm having that same problem man but I'm on ps4, what did you do? did you get any help?

Novice

My PS4 turned off because of power randomly and I was really far in and I went back into the game and I had lost all my progress and it is making me start a new game.

Novice

Well my save has gone, game doesn't recognise it on or offline, it's definitely there. This happened after I added my code for the sword of Dominion. Now it's all gone to 5hit. Cleared cache, unplugged, 're installed game nothing... (Xb1)
Novice

This is STILL happening, it just happened to me today. AGAIN!!! I LOST ALL OF MY GAME PROGRESS!!! wtf Warner Brothers can we get some answers or a solution PLEASE????!!!!???? How do you expect us to play this game if we KEEP. LOSING. ALL. OUR. PROGRESS.

I am having the same issue. Level 53 with 0% progress. All data gone?!

Novice

Same thing happened to me very frustrating I have been playing for almost a week I was level 50 just started the shadow Wars completed stage 1 and my game froze turn it back on everything was deleted something needs to be done about this I'm considering not even playing now
Novice

Please fix this soon. I had so many legendary orcs and money spent on this **bleep** game...
Novice

Was pretty deep in the game and my save was deleted. Any ideas on why?