Novice

*** PS4 controller input delay

[ Edited ]

So ive been playing the game for around 4 hours now and ive noticed that there is a small input delay when moving my character and attacking. When i move the analog stick to move, when i press buttons to counter or attack, there is a split second delay, maybe even half a second delay and its really bugging me. Ive played Shadow of Mordor on both PC and PS4, in both those experiences, ive never had anything like this happen before. Ive tried both my PC monitor and my TV but the input lag doesnt change. Ive checked all the settings in game and on my PS4 but i cannot find anything to fix it!!

Can someone please help? If im being a moron and missing out something small, please do tell me xD i'd rather know how to fix this because im on the quest in the arena and im just getting swarmed by orcs due to not being able to move quick enough or counter in time!  

[Modedit: added to tracking sticky, edited title]

Novice

Re: PS4 controller input delay

Yeah, I'm experiencing this too. The controls feel very stiff and unresponsive on PS4.
Novice

Re: *** PS4 controller input delay

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing, and these forums are the only place where I've seen this issue. Googling doesn't help.

Novice

THANK GOD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE! 

I'm playing on ps4 and I'm getting a second delay in inputs. Its makes the game just not fun for me. I hope this gets patched on soon. Cause if not i've been robbed 60$...

I have noticed the same thing, on the PS4 too

Novice

Coming from someone who played the original on both console and PC, there is something inherently weird about this game's engine. It doesn't matter how many fps you're getting or whether you're playing with a controller or wired keyboard and mouse, the input delay in this game is astonishingly bad. The one, probably most crucial thing, that the developers didn't seem to address was the terrible input lag for the sequel.
Novice

Honestly if anything this game seems worse as I'm getting completely unregistered commands when I'm playing.
Novice

I‘m playing on PS4 Pro with a Samsung KS8000 and the input lag ruins the game for me. Tried to enable and disable HDR, go for resolution or quality, mess with the controller settings but that did not improve it at all.

I hope we'll have a fix for that soon...

We still have no news from WB about this problem !?

Novice

Not yet, no.

There was an old problem in Shadow of Mordor where input lag was a thing but it was to the cameras movement itself. I believe the issue will be addressed soon since most games patch after the first week, however, i refuse to put anymore time into the game till its fixed.

I have an update for the game today,

Someone know if it change something with the input delay ?

Yeah well.. After a bit of testing, controlling Talion still feeling like controlling a tank

Novice

I'm on Xbox one and I've got the same issue
Novice

http://support.wbgames.com/ics/support/contactUs.asp

This is the link to contact WB games, the more people that officially report this problem, the better.

Thanks for the tips, I just openend a ticket

I cannot believe they dont give any news for a problem like that :-/

Captain

I honestly haven't had this issue. I'm on ps4 pro/physical copy.

Then again I haven't tried paying attention to any input lag.

Its mostly when your controlling your char. He's not really responsive, its feel really like controlling a tank.

You can do the test, just push your left stick and see how it take time to Talion to react on the screen (app 0.5 sec),

Plus, like i said, hes pretty hard to control. An exemple, try to run in circle... You have to turn the joystick pretty slow or it will not record the whole circle (and talion will do an half turn or wtv)

Try another open world on the side like AC, or even the first ME, and you'll have a wayyyy better reactivity from the caracthere.

I mean, its not unplayable, but i cannot believe it can pass for an AAA in 2017

I still have no answer for my ticket yeat :-/