Novice

Offline mode not working on Windows PC (non-steam) Solved - Not Supported

[ Edited ]

I bought through the windows store so that I could play on my PC and Xbox.  

I enabled "offline permissions" on my laptop in the windows store so that it is the device enabled to play offline games.

I launched the game, played for a while, and then quit.  According to the MSFT forums, that is all I should need to do.

But when I launch Shadow of War without an internet connection, the very first thing I see is a blue message saying i must have an internet conenction to play.

What am I missing?  Can this game be played offline?  I have long plane flights and I would like to play on my laptop while on a plane.  I really don't care about missing out on online vendetaa missions or the market.

Community Admin

Re: Offline mode not working on Windows PC (non-steam)

You'll probably want to submit a help request at support.wbgames.com and be sure to reply to the email you receive to let the Customer Service team know that you are looking for direct assistance.

They should have more info on what might be happening, and hopefully they can help!

Novice

Re: Offline mode not working on Windows PC (non-steam) - Solved Not Supported

I did and got the bewildering answer that it is not supported.   Full text below.  I walked away when microtransactions were a part of the game.  I was excited when it was dropped and did the research to see that it supported offline play.  But it doesn't.  Which is amazing since the original response was to point me to the MSFT knowledge base article about online games.   I said i did that, and they responded "oh our bad it isn't supported".

I should have just ignored the game completely.

Email from the support team:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (142001) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

WB Games Support (Middle-earth Games)

May 23, 2:22 PM EDT

Greetings peter,

Thank you for your response. 

We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing troubles with Shadow of War and appreciate your patience.  We have received more information about this issue.  Shadow of War on the Windows Store requires an Internet Connection to run.  We apologize for any inconveniences.  

If there is anything I can do to further assist you with this issue, please reply to this email and I will be happy to help.

Thank you,

Desmond.G
WB Games Support