Novice

Master of Rage!!!

Hi Monolith,

Ive been doing the Master of Rage Community Event. Been doing these multiple times now. But it seems my progress got stopped. Ive successfully branded Berserkers (Grunts) but it doesnt count. Can you please elaborate more?? Do I nees to brand Berserker Captains or Berserker Grunts??

The Bright Lord

Re: Master of Rage!!!

The term they use is "recruit".
A normal branding won't do the job. And continuing from there, that points to captains, as grunts can't be "recruited".
Forthog Forever.

Berzerker Captains.   Monolith has used the term 'recruit' before and it applied to standard grunts (non-Captains), but the term Berzerker is specific to Captains.  I branded two Berzerkers spread over 2 online Vendetta missions and 2 in Pit Fights.  Got a Legendary training order and a level up, lol

Novice

Thanks a bunch. How about the fearless community? Been killing Terror Tribe Captains.. Does it require you to be on stealth??

I don't know that challenge you speak of (Fearless Community?).  I haven't played since yesterday, so perhaps it's a new Challenge that just started.   I'll check tonight.    I know there's one challenge on a sword that says you have to 'execute a frozen guy', but there is no way to execute a frozen guy (he becomes unfrozen as soon as you carry out the execute move on him).  So what you need to do is stealth kill him with the dagger that applies frost everytime you stealth kill someone.  So in effect, the 'execute' means 'stealth kill' in those cases..    

Novice

I’m working on the Master of Rage weekly event, and I have received NO credit even after recruiting two berserker captains. I made sure the quest was being tracked appropriately before starting, since this is a repeat issue. These daily and weekly challenges SHOULD NOT continue to be such a quagmire - where you have to do some weird “trick” for the counters to work. I have missed out on gold chests and it is getting extremely frustrating. Will someone please respond with an update on this issue? It’s been posted repeatedly now, on its own threads, in the support section, and to my knowledge no one in an official capacity has even acknowledged the issue. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED???

hey r3 - I launched and played the game last night and yes that Fearless Challenge was active, where you have to kill 4 Captains from the Terror tribe.   Dispatched 2 from different regions via open world play (unbranded Terror Captains) and 2 from a pair of Online Vendettas.  Got an Assassins chest = 3 Branded Captains (1 Legendary, 2 Epic) and 2 orders.   Both Epics were poor so they were grounded up, Legendary was OK so he was retained.   The Orders were 1) Champion trait and 2) Grants follower a Flame weapon.  

Cleric - are you on Steam/PC?    I'm on Xbox One, and from what I've read here there are many more bugs encountered by those who are running the game on PC.  I've had at least one instance in the past when the counters were not being tracked/updated correctly, but most if not all the others have been working ok for me.  I've run into many known bugs in the game regarding Captains disapearing, game-generated branded Captains showing up in Tribal missions, lighting issues,  moral weaknesses being applied/Strengths dsapearing seemingly randomly (e.g not battle related), Captains not showing up in Online Sieges, Game freezes/crashes, Pit Fight issues, Epic Trait problems, etc etc + many of the other bugs now fixed in various patch releases.   Yes Monolith should have postponed the release for at least 6 months to get the game fixed properly.  Whether it's the fault of poor testing, not enough Q/A, poor communication, insufficient developers, bad management decisions n knowing these bugs existed yet still released the game, etc or more likely a comnbination of issues.   I'd expect a few people to get reprimanded over this with the company, it's really been a PR nightmare from what I've seen.   I have a hard time believing it's poor Q/A / testing that's to blame, I feel it's more on the managers, as many of these 'bugs' would have been very easy to identify early on.    The game though is still fun despite these ongoing bugs, the sound design, visuals, game action mechanics, the scripts/dialog/etc, motion capture, the storyline, etc are all excellent.   I still have many LOL moments playing the game, most notably of course with the Orc Captains trash talk, either to you or against each other.   The grunt conversations are also pretty clever and funny and I'm hundreds of hours into playing and still hear some new stuff.