Novice

Freezes while playing

Hey there, I have issues with the game mostly after a cutscene that I play a while and then my hole PC freezes. It occurred at the beginning right after the third main mission in minas ithil and the side mission in Udun with Eltariel where I have to free the haedir towers from the witch kings. I've already tested my RAM to be sure that there is no hardware issue and I'm pretty sure that it's a major software problem My system specs are: Threadripper 1950x GTX1080 Asus Prime X399-A 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-2666 650 Watt be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 Modular 80+ Platinum I don't know if SoW has a problem with the SMT of the Threadripper so it could be a problem with too many threads in the game, but this should be fixed if it's that!
Community Admin

Re: Freezes while playing

Have you already checked out this post?

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Shadow-of-War-PC-FAQ/m-p/1694284

Novice

Betreff: Freezes while playing

Everything is up to date and dynamic res has been deactivated by me since the first freeze happened. I'll give large page mode a try and hope that it will work.
Novice

There is also another problem with the sound. I have sort of sound dropouts sometimes. Happens from time to time and still very random
Highlighted
Novice

I found something like a solution. I reinstalled Steam, reinstalled my sound and video card drivers and turned on V-Sync in the Game and I haven't had any freezes since then.
But I need to say, that I'm a bit disappointed by WB Support. I gave a few clues to this issue, wrote two E-Mails and this post here and only got this little answer above. Feels a bit like WB is leaving me alone with my problem. No Question if I've found a solution already, or if the problem still appears. That's a really sad representation for a support.