Novice

*** Cirith Ungol fortress and overlord

[ Edited ]

So I'm a bit of ways in Act 2 and went back to Cirith Ungol to capture the fortress. But I found out that the Overlord was outside of his fortress and I branded him and now the fortress is blue on the world map but when I go to the actual location, it's still red and there's enemies roaming around attacking my warchiefs. Is this a bug? Can't do the siege mission anymore.

[Modedit: added to tracking sticky, edited title.  Please also put in a report at support.wbgames.com]

Novice

Re: Cirith Ungol fortress and overlord

I'm having the exact same issue.
Novice

Same, I branded him but now im having your issue. It's really annoying me for some reason.

Novice

Any solutions? I'm having the same problem
Novice

Re: *** Cirith Ungol fortress and overlord

Same issue here, someone said switching out the overlords worked for them. I tryed this and had no luck, even sent the original overlord to my garrison with training orders.

Novice

Overlord Branding

I found the Overlord outside his fortress and branded him afer breaking him, I got no cutscene. On the map it's marked as conquered region but when i enter the fortress it's still marked as an enemy fortress. Did I break the game?

Novice

[ Edited ]

SOLUTION FOUND

For all those who dominated the overlord in Ciirith Ungol outside of fortress, most likely during Act 2 after returning to the city. The only solution i have found it to continue the game, during Act 4 Shadow Wars you have a mission to defend the fortress, failing this mission will allow Sauron's forces to reclaim the city and region, basically reseting the fortress, new overlord and warcheifs. You can then Seige the fortress properly. Unfortunatly this is the only way around the bug, that i know of.   

NOTE: Be sure to finish up all quest lines before progressing into Act 3, which is the quest "The Bright Lord". As the game changes drasticly. You will recieve and in-game warning too, before starting that quest.

Novice

Same happened to me. Hope they can find a better way around the bug which doesn’t involve purposely losing your fortress.
Novice

Well the bug doesn't actually affect any of the main game play, other than online conquests and possibly endgame(Act 4). You can still defend the fortress in stage 1 of Shadow Wars. Even with it marked as hostile. The only reason to use my solution would be to receive the trophy for completing the siege quest line or if you care about your online conquest rating. Also if you do lose it purposely, once you siege it to reclaim the fortress. It counts as both the original siege and the Shadow Wars stage 1 defense in the siege quest line.
Novice

I got this bug too. I was tracking down a captain that I wanted to kill then when I saw him the overlord was with him acting like a bodyguard. I though "Sweet let's brand him" and boom got hit by the bug. It may be worth mentioning that in the army screen when I marked the captain as m target, the captain and the warchief had this red line like what you get when you send your captains on missions.

Also, all my branded captains seem to have spawned in the fortress despite the fort being hostile. I laughed a bit when I saw them seeming determined to fighting all the orcs in the fortress then I got pissed when a nobody killed one of them.

Also got this bug, area remains forever hostile to me. I’ve assigned warchiefs and changed overlord, but no dice. Still act 2
Novice

the same bug here in seregost .. it has been almost a month since the game released and They still have not solved the issue (PS4)

Novice

Ugh... I'm also on Ps4. Stuck with SAME PROBLEM. DO they CARE??? Update????

Hello.WB??
Novice

This has the game unplayable.
Novice

Also same bug on PC. Area in the map appears as hostile, even though I have my overlord and warchiefs there.
Novice

Found the cause.
Had to restart from the scratch TWICE just for this **bleep**ty bug.

If you leave Cirith Ungol's fortress conquest mission and finish the chosen one mission where you distrupt Nazgul and 3 Orc caps with bunch of archers, this will cause the bug. Not only the conquest mission will be lost, all the monuments you have destroyed will be back on the map.

Solution? There's no such thing until Act 4 where you get a chance to "LOSE" your fortress and rebuild again.
Which isn't much of a solution at all.

THIS MUST BE FIXED WB!!

Novice

Also having this issue, except that I have no idea how it even occurred in the first place. I decided I'd try my hand at conquering the fortress but when I found that it was technically already under my control I initially thought nothing of it. The siege mission wasn't there, but apparently I had dominated the Overlord at some point (Don't know how that happened either) and now I've just progressed past Shadow Wars Act I, and the Fortress is still hostile with my guys inside fighting the enemies. This really needs to be fixed.

Highlighted
Novice

thinRe: *** Cirith Ungol fortress and overlord

Same thing has just happened to me

Novice

I sort of have this issue, but it happend in a different way.  I opened the first chest you get with the game, but never deployed one of the followers until I was in Act 2 in Nurnen.  I could not yet travel back to Cirith Ungol, but I deployed this legendary follower there because it was more his level (15).

Later, when travel back to the first areas opened up, I returned to Cirith Ungol to find my followr had somehow become the Overlord!  The warchiefs and the fortress still showed red, but there was my blue follower on the throne.  I have since killed the warchiefs and am now able to replace them with my own.  I can go into the siege upgrade screen and upgrade the defenses as though I control the fort.  However....

The fort is the site of a never ending battle.  My warchiefs and other captains are locked in constant combat inside the fort with red orcs.  The area shows blue, but you wouldn't know it walking the streets.