Highlighted
Novice

PC disc install bug

Hello, me and a lot of other steam users who have bought your Arkham Origins game on disc are having an issue where the DRM solution (steam) only accepts half the data from the discs and downloads the other half even though the data is installed to the /downloading directory correctly and is intact.  I do not know if this is a disc issue or a steam issue but I (and a lot of others in http://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/792924952467700726/#p3 ) would appreciate it if this issue is resolved in order to allow those with a poor internet connection to enjoy your great game.

Novice

Re: PC disc install bug

I'm in the same situation - living in rural Australia I can only get wireless internet and with a monthly quota of 40GB I just can't afford to download a full DVD's worth (7GB) of data just to activate the game. The Steam notification on the cover said that I needed Steam to authenticate the game, not that I was buying an incomplete installation. Given that the full game is apparently 16GB and the "downloaded" directory is 18GB, I strongly suspect it's actually all there but the Steam installer doesn't understand or has manifest file issues.

Please resolve this ASAP, otherwise I've been sold a product in an unusable condition.
Novice

I have a similar issue with installing game from DVD. After steam authentication of serial number the installer just crashes and displays info about cancelling the installation process. Downloading the game directly from steam servers works perfectly though, but I think that's not a solution. 
The second issue is the lack of text boxes when one tries to login/create account for the WBID. Reinstalling the game doesn't fix the problem. 

Novice

Same issue here. Horrible, data is there as Kirra has educated us - however Steam just won't recognise the data from the third disk! 

Novice

I do have an idea about what could be causing the issues though.  Perhaps the files on the disc are outdated and therefore need to be updated (that is unlikely) or the steam server does not send the full manifest file over to the computer.  When I use my method described in http://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/792924952467700726/ (ask me if you need extra help via PM, don't think WB would appreciate me mentioning the sites used on here) I find that the game has a tiny bit of lag (nothing major), a few minor cases of falling through the world (easily fixed by loading) and 1-2 instances so far of interrogate not working, apart from that I have had nothing wrong.

Novice

I spent around six hours working out how to run it without steam through one of your methods mentioned last night. At the moment I'm finally into the unmatched single player via running the Origins.exe in the extracted CSD files. However no matter what I do I can't get the files into steam so I can run it normally and access updates and multiplayer. Kirra, have you been able to get your game working inside steam yet? I added you on steam as well, just in case.
Novice

I am afraid not, for some stupid reason steam disregards MORE data then it does when you use the disc and re-downloads it. I just play non-steam using a certain file I hinted at in the steam forum thread. BTW for anyone else reading, sorry if it is a bit too vague for you but I have to be careful due to WB's and steam's TOS, do not want to get banned for mentioning certain sites or file types.
Novice

[ Edited ]

**bleep**, forum helper framed me