Highlighted
WB-Emeritus

June 27 Update on PC Version of Arkham Knight

Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering.  The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place. 

Below is the list of the key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans:

-          Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu

-          Fix for low resolution texture bug

-          Improve overall performance and framerate hitches

-          Add more options to the graphics settings menu

-          Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches  

-          Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptop

-          Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage 

-          NVIDIA SLI bug fixes 

-          Enabling AMD Crossfire

-          NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers 

While we work on improving performance, we will also continue to make interim patches available to address issues for those still playing the game on PC.  The first patch is being released now and the updates include:

-          Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game

-          Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further

-          Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client

-          Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu

We would like to thank our fans for their patience and invaluable feedback. We will continue to monitor and listen for any additional issues.

I am the overall Admin for the whole of community.wbgames.com. Feel free to contact me with ideas or questions about the forums themselves. For questions about the games hosted here, contact the individual manager for that title.

Novice

Re: June 27 Update on PC Version of Arkham Knight

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Keep us posted. I will be patient.

I would have rather had you all take the time in the first place. Maybe not pull a GTAV but a staggered release would have been acceptable.

Novice

Thankyou. This is awesome progress.

BRAVO!

Novice

Great news...I sure hope you guys make it more playable on less expensive hardware...

My PC isn't exactly a dream machine but i feel that when I'm able to play dying light with everything maxed out I should at least be capable of playing this game on normal settings.

Keep up the good work...I for one am confident it will eventually be the worthy addition to the best gaming franchise in history.

Novice

Thank you! Keep up the hard work... we are all counting on you.

this is great news. if anyone is mad about this, then theres no pleasing them. they will bitch about anything to just get attention.

you gave them what the complainers wanted, but chances are they are just gonna bitch even more and make excuses

Novice

Thank you very much - I am one of the lucky ones who didnt have a terrible time, I did hitch and slowdown (especially with the Batmobile) but nothing gamebreaking.  Here's hoping everyone can get playing this GOTY candidate soon!

Novice

"Fix for low resolution texture bug" might just be the most heartening words I've read since release.  I know the work is hard and there's a lot (a hell of a lot) that needs doing but I do very much appreciate it, there's a truly great game under all those bugs.

Novice

[ Edited ]

Excellent news, and hopefully will be just in time for my new game plus playthrough Smiley Very Happy. I cant wait Smiley Happy

curious as to why there is such a massive difference in the install size between ps4 and pc. A 10GB difference is worrying

Novice

Awesome Awesome Awesome!! This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear and see to feel confident this game is going to done right, even if later than expected Smiley Happy

Novice

Thank you! Keep on the great job!

Novice

Am I the only one who thinks this shouldn't be praised? Yes, its good you managed to get a patch out so fast and we'll see how much of a difference it makes, but this isn't what you SHOULD be doing.

You SHOULD have done proper QA on your PC "port" before it launched. As much as I do think WB/Rocksteady are taking this seriously, IMO it's going to be too little, too late.

[ Edited ]

Its only good start I wont thank you for anything. Still holding my game for the limit of refund expire time (2 weeks) Your greedy thoughts made this in the first place so I wont be hapy for scraps. Will see what will change in upcoming days. 

Well the game looks better, plays smoother and less hitchy on my R9 285 with the patch, however it crashed to the desktop in 3 mins after completing the ace chemicals tank and heli battle out of VRAM. It's the massive explosions that do it Smiley Surprised

Is anyone addressing the bug that keeps the game from even launching? I can't even make it past the logo splash without the game crashing.

Novice

Ok.... 

It s start but it's not enough . I like the thing "that you want to do " and the real release patch notes. You haven't do any quality testing , morron.

You are a still just a funny band of thieves.

Never buy a Rocksteady or Warner game 

Never.

@Garenator i knew people like you were gonna start complaning. whats done is done and theres no use bitching about it. they are working to solve the issue. jesus people find anything to complain about

This is great and all, but I still can't start the game up, it crashes directly after the arkham knight banner thingy goes away.