WB-Emeritus

June 24 Update on PC Version of Arkham Knight

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards.  We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (support.wbgames.com). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game. 

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

I am the overall Admin for the whole of community.wbgames.com. Feel free to contact me with ideas or questions about the forums themselves. For questions about the games hosted here, contact the individual manager for that title.

Re: June 24 Update on PC Version of Arkham Knight

[ Edited ]

The performance issues are only part of why people are unhappy, so I hope graphical improvements, adding in missing high quality textures and missing effects are part of what is being worked on.

Still haven't given up hope, but cba to waste more energy on being mad.

To be honest, this could have been avoided entirely with proper Q&A and communication, but it's good to know that you are finally taking it seriously.

Also, you are just the messenger. So, not your fault.

Villains, fear me, for I am batman.. the capped (30 fps) crusader.

[ Edited ]

Thank you for this. Pains me to see a Rocksteady game come to this, a game from a studio that used to represent quality and passion, therefore I am continously submitting whatever issues, glitches or bugs I encounter as I play to my "[PC] List of BUGS and GLITCHES" post. Submitting them on Steam / WB Support and here on the forums so they can get noticed and fixed as soon as possible. Obviously performance is the priority here, but gameplay bugs should be fixed as soon as possible.

There's a lot to fix so I hope that together we can bring the game into what it was supposed to be. A game worthy of a Rocksteady name.

Novice

This post is an awesome step in the right direction.  Looking forward to playing the game this was meant to be!

Novice

Honestly, suspending sales is a good step, though I'd love to see you refunding out of your own pocket, because if I knew it was going to be this bad, I sure as hell wouldn't have paid out for it to begin with.

I'd suggest not working with your "external PC engineers" again.

Wow... honestly, didn't expect this.

Get us fixed Rocksteady, and most if not all will be forgiven. Smiley Happy

Novice

[ Edited ]

"missing high quality textures and missing effects"

It makes you wonder, a developer who spent the last couple of years creating a game, and they completely did not notice that the game was lacking graphical features that they themselves put in the game. I mean theres 3 different versions, someone at rocksteady had to have noticed that the pc version doesnt look quite like the console versions.

I dont know, I just find it interesting how something like that goes unnoticed by people who supposedly are super serious about the pc version.

Thank you. It nice to see some communication. I do hope going forward the level of communication is increased and I also hope people keep this thread civil. It is a shame that it has come to pulling the game from the shelves as it were but I can understand why.

Finally a post that makes much more sense than the previous one however you're still not acknowledging the fact that a huge portion of PC gamers are not enjoying this at all, only 32% of total buyers gave it positive review on Steam while 68 wrote negative reviews so I find this part of your post flawed.

Anyway, it's a step in the right direction so I "hope" it gets sorted out soon and not only performance but also the missing graphical features.

Novice

Finally a step in the right direction.

Novice

I'm glad to see this. Keep it up you guys, I'm sure the game can still be saved.
Novice

Are you woeking on other forms of refund?. My retailler (local independant store) wont provide a refund once the key is redeemed, no exceptions. 

Is there any way we can get a refund directly from the developer?

This is great news... if you deliver. Not a half-assed polish with a higher frame rate. We want the game we were shown.

Novice

I was downloading the game on Steam but i cancelled the process mid through. Why, you may ask? Because after all the negative reviews and complains on Steam forums, I decided not to play it at its current state and ruin my experience. I love Rocksteady and I love the Arkham series, but this is shameful and totally disrespectful to your PC community.
Master Vigilante

Much better PR damage control the other one...if this was the very first response it would've put out lot of fires.

Anyway Team @ Rocksteady I would rather wait for a proper patch than a half baked one just to show that you guys are doing "something". I really hope you guys engage in it yourselves than letting Iron Galaxy to screw it up again. 

I also have Ps4 version and it's awesome. So please take the PC version to the same level. Please don't let us down.

I'm not sure why but installing the Harley Quinn DLC on Steam somehow gave me a smoother framerate at 1080P on my 750 Ti (Everything low Gameworks off) I'm going to assume the pre-load was borked somehow and was missing some configution files as even the Batmobile sections have a smooth framerate now for a unknown reason. Still not happy with 30 FPS cap or wonky textures that belong in a PS1 game or the fact that it's raining but Batman does not get wet plus all the audio/subtitle sync issues.

[ Edited ]

... Who will actually be working on the patches/development this time?

Also... Won't the DLC be delayed like crazy because of this?...
Season pass should be free.

Thank you. This was the right thing to do. Not that it helps us who have the game already... But still, a good decision. I hope this means we will get a proper, fully functional PC port when the time comes. 

Please keep us updated with your on going patch development so we not always speculating what's goin on like this.

Novice

This feels like a step in the right direction.

It's much better than yesterday's post, where it felt like they were blaming the users for not following the recommended spec list (a ridiculous list, though as it may be).

It still feels that they refuse to acknowledge the game was released in a terrible state, stating:

"We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall."

A "significant amount of players" can run it on their PC, and have in fact played some of it, that does not mean that they are not suffering issues - just look at all the reviews on steam, and by game reviewers. I am one of the lucky that can run it with good frame rates, and it still crashes consistently on my PC :/ I'm now trying to download it for the third time, to see if it's a corrupt file problem (checking the cache no longer reveals issues, but I'm thinking that was a hack thrown together so that players wouldn't constantly keep redownloading the WHOLE game ...)

Besides that, there seems to be a refusal by WB to acknowledge the lower quality graphics, and the fact that the game does not match what was promised. These are issues that need to be resolved as well. I understand that performance/stability is prioritised, but optimisations, and graphical effects are needed as well. It would be nice to get ANY work on this.

Our games should be running like the often mentioned NVIDIA video, and the minimum requirements should not be the recommended/ultra requirements for contemporary games.

TLDR: The apology is nice. Please acknowledge that the issues are widespread, and not just "some players". Please acknowledge the lack of graphical options/quality, which were promised/advertised to PC gamers. Please acknowledge that your requirements are ridiculous, and tell us whether there are plans to optimise the game.