11-07-2013 11:23 AM
Hey, i had the Deadshot Mission Bug, where Deadshot disappeared after a silent takedown, the hostage was sitting at the floor and nothing happened, no matter how often i entered the bank. The mission couldnt be completed and was at 0% all the time.
Until now! I dont know if it was me, or if it was patched today, but i could play the Deadshot Mission again!
So here is what i did, step by step:
1. I opened the BmGame.ini (located in Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Batman Arkham Origins\SinglePlayer\BMGame\Config) with the editor/notepad (IMPORTANT: Make a safety copy of that file on your desktop or anywhere else!!!!!!)
2. I used the search function to look for entrys with "deadshot"
3. I went to the line which looks like this:
DebugLevelStarts=(Name="Deadshot - Mini Boss", LevelNames="start batentry?Area=Bank?Chapters=D,D3?Flags=MW_Deadshot_Activated?Flags=ChP1_StartSpeechDone?CreateSave", ItemOwnerID = 6)
4. I changed the line to this:
DebugLevelStarts=(Name="Deadshot - Mini Boss", LevelNames="start batentry?Area=Bank?Chapters=D,D3?Flags=MW_Deadshot?Flags=ChP1_StartSpeechDone?CreateSave", ItemOwnerID = 6)
5. I closed the file AND saved!
6. I started the game from steam and i got an error message which said that the BmGame.ini file was corrupted or something like that.
7. I replaced the changed BmGame.ini with my safety copy and started the game again.
8. This time i got no error message, started my story game and flew to the Bank, just as if i wanted to play the Deadshot mission (I think its important to use the entrance from the roof!)
9. Suddenly Deadshot was back and i could play the mission again!
I have absolutely no idea what i did, if i did anything at all
I assume that the corrupted file reset the mission log, or whatsoever^^
Just wanted to share this and i hope you can fix this problem too!
Handle this carefully, im not responsible for any gamebraking changes you do when you change the ini file, its just what i did. Do at your own risk!
WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD, and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s14)
BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT software © 2014 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. BATMAN and all characters, their distinctive likenesses, and related elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2014. All Rights Reserved. (s14) "PS4" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and the PlayStation Network logo is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Kinect, Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.