What are your siege attack and defense preferences?

As the title says, what do you tend to choose most often for the attack and defense perks? why is that?

I tend to pick the same attack perks more often than not unless there is something on my opponents defense that can be hard countered. Mine are: Olog hai, Defender host, Cursed seige beasts, War graug, Fire archers and Overpower.

On defense I typically use: Metal Walls, Iron Gates, Defender host, Cursed seige beasts, War caragors, Spiked walls and poison mines.

You've got a speck of blood on your... everywhere.
Grunt

Re: What are your siege attack and defense preferences?

Fire deals bonus damage to structures. Poison deals bonus damage to beasts. Curse doesn't do any bonus damage beyond its normal DoT that I know of, but since it can terrify orcs it can remove some of the threat in an area.

This may help you decide what to use against certain other targets as counters. Also, hunters do bonus damage to beasts and defenders help take points, but I think the game explains that.
The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

Curse damage drops morale. Also a single hit removes all wrath for the player. Poison removes their might and mobility.

It happens quite often to me online sieges, that my captains flee right after I take all the points. (Why? We won guys... Oh, well, no grog for you!)

My setup is the same as you. Defenders take longest too kill. There is a twofold strategy in online defense: 1) make sure the fight isn't quick 2) hope the player makes a mistake and dies.

For a while I thought drakes were better than Graugs but they usually do a lot of damage to defenders in forts I attack even before I dominate them. If they are set free, they are right on the capture point usually obliterating the defense before my army is even near.

p.s. Don't really care anymore for now since the update ruined most of my captains.

The Bright Lord

i like ologs, defensers, long reach archers, 

hunters against beasts

savages

and the last one, the capture points faster

Highlighted
Grunt

[ Edited ]

On offense, I love to start out with a graug.  I use the graug to bust open the front door ASAP so my goons can get inside faster.  

On defense, I like to use cursed stuff.  Curse is really annoying for wiping out a player's wrath as others mentioned.  

I was bitten, bitten by the spiders of Mordor...
And I liked it.