Highlighted

The Death of The New Ring & Celebrimbor + Funny Stuff

[ Edited ]

I've been reading posts here, and I've got curious about how the entire game would play out in a potential sequel. And how the entire thing with The New Ring would turn out (since Sauron doesn't seem to get the New Ring.

I've google'd various sources and finally I found this one video from some nobody that seemed to explain the entire thing, though I don't know if I should believe what it says or not. Care to help me out? I'd appreciate it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOi5p8sq4Hs 

Also, I've found a video from some other guy with some weird quotes from uruks around the game, like to hear if you've heard other weird ones like these xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYGTJOqI9Xw&t=156s

The Bright Lord

Re: The Death of The New Ring & Celebrimbor + Funny Stuff

the sequel should be about Celebrimbor and Eltariel

maybe new factions of elves and humans

and a new powerful dar necrmancer besides sauron

new regions and monsters

this universe has lot of potential

The Bright Lord

I don't know, I'm not super into LOTR lore, but would it be possible for Saruman to return?
Either way, it makes sense for Celebrimbor to be involved perhaps even after the LOTR because the new ring isn't destroyed? Then he is basically the new sauron. Where Eltariel stands will have to be seen, partly in the DLC.
Topics: 30
Kudos: 969

@pizzaface Do you mean Sauron? If so, I'm not sure because from what I know it's never specified what would happen to Sauron's Maia form when the Ring is destroyed. We know his physical form is destroyed (but he was locked in that form anyway so I don't know what would happen then) but depending on how much of his Maia soul was in the Ring he may be able to go back to Valinor and then come back to Middle Earth (I'm not sure which physical form he would take though).
This is just my opinion and I'm just trying to help. I cannot offer tech support and am in no affiliated with Monolith.
The Bright Lord

No, I meant Saruman, who was definitely going to betray Sauron if he could?

From what I understand Sauron has little chance to return because "spirit politics", but then he might be like supersneaky.
Sorry for putting things so bluntly, like I said, never really got into LOTR lore.

After all, Gandalf return and he is a wizard like Saruman.

Gandalf only got to return because he was completing his Mission, remember. He's a Ma'ir, same as Sauron, Saruman, and the Balrogs. Saruman turned away from his Mission, just like all the others.

Topics: 30
Kudos: 969

@pizzaface Ah, I'm sorry. So I'm guessing you're referring to when he was killed under the guise of Sharkey in the Shire at the end of the end of the third novel. To be honest I guess that he'd be banished outside the walls of Arda (if they can do it to Melkor/Morgoth I don't see why not) or he may be chained up and not let out but that does still give him his voice *interesting storyline here perhaps*. From what I know Tolkien never says what happened to Saruman but Ainur (Valar and Maiar, of which all the five wizards, Istari, are) basically lose their physical form when they die in Middle Earth and return the Valinor I think. If I'm correct it would be possible for Saruman to return but Eru and the Ainur would probably attempt to lock him up or banish him from Arda.
This is just my opinion and I'm just trying to help. I cannot offer tech support and am in no affiliated with Monolith.

Actually, I believe the reason things like Tar Goroth and Sauron can come back is because their power is still physically bound within the world. For example, the Eye of Sauron or the One Ring was the root of Sauron's power, hence why he always ressurected in Barad-ur and spent the whole of LOTR in it, unwilling to return without both roots.  With both of them gone, Sauron ceases to exist in the mortal plane, unable to ever return. Tar Goroth's power is Gorgoroth, which is why he was ressurected in the lava pit. Saruman's power would stem from either Isenguard or the Palantir. I would guess the Palantir, since Isenguard was destroyed by the Ents and he still escaped. So as long as the Palantir remained in Minas Morgul, Saruman could return, though not while the city remained under Talion's control. His Wraith powers would have been more than sufficient to keep Saruman from returning.

A sequel would be challenging lore wise. Even more-so than Shadow of War which pulled a JJ Abrams-esque adaptation and addition to the well articulated Tolkien lore. How about a Prequel instead?

A PREQUEL?

A PREQUEL ABOUT TALION?

A PREQUEL ABOUT TALION BECOMING A RANGER, HIS LIFE BEFORE THE BLACK GATE?

A PREQUEL ABOUT TALION BECOMING A RANGER, HIS LIFE BEFORE THE BLACK GATE AND HIS TIME IN THE ARMY BECOMING A RESPECTED MILITARY FIGURE BEFORE THROWING IT ALL AWAY TO CHASE THE WOMEN OF HIS DREAMS?

MONOLITH SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MIRIAN