Online Conquest - Captains stuck outside

I just did an online conquest, and took the first four checkpoints super fast, killing all the defending captains. Then I climbed the inner wall and killed the captains inside while waiting for my captains to break through the door and help. They never did, until I had killed all the captains on my own and was standing in the 5th control point on my own. They finally came through with ~15 seconds left for gold.

Has anybody else had this issue? This is the second time it's happened to me. Is there something that triggers the captains breaking down the door?

Re: Online Conquest - Captains stuck outside

I just did another conquest, my troops did the same thing. I went back outside; three or four grunts were out there banging on the door. My captains were spread all over the fortress, just standing around. They came running when the door went down. They also took the control points out of order this time too.
Highlighted
The Bright Lord

I have had this issue a few times and I made a thread about it in the general section a few weeks ago.
Warchief

@pizzaface Did tapping down on the D Pad make a difference?
The Bright Lord

To be honest I haven't played much fort assault since, but I doubt it as they are busy capturing other areas.