Monolith at the Gates Challenge

<

Now, there will be some rules in the interest of keeping an even playing field:

• Your eligible Fortress must be: In Nurnen and Level 200 or below.
  • You must have at least 4 Captains
  • Each Captain must have an upgrade
  • You must add ‘MonolithXbox’ with your Xbox Live account.
  • You must be prepared.>>

I went to alter my Nurnen Fortress, but I am having trouble getting to 200 or below.  All of my orcs are 60.... Any new orcs that spawn or come in Spoils of War etc... are 56 to 65.  To do this challenge it looks like I would have to shame orcs into oblivion... which gives them ridiculously easy weaknesses even for that level of Fortress.   

I guess my question is, am I missing something here?  Is there an easier way to hit 200 or below?

Topics: 31
Kudos: 1,008

Re: Monolith at the Gates Challenge

To do it just don't include as many Orcs in you Defences.
This is just my opinion and I'm just trying to help. I cannot offer tech support and am in no affiliated with Monolith.
Highlighted

Yeah I know, but you have to four captains minimally for the challenge. Four 60s with an overload bumps it above 200.
Novice

I was very confused when I read the 200 Max level also.  Each fortress upgrade adds 15 to your deffense level... So with 4 captains and an overlord that gives you 80 deffense rating alone if they were all level 1.  I just assumed it was a typo and 200 was the *Minimum* not max level allowed.  I play on PS4  though so I was waiting for that event announcement to be sure.

It's because Jared is quite a low level on the stream campaign.
This is just my opinion and I'm just trying to help. I cannot offer tech support and am in no affiliated with Monolith.
The Bright Lord

Why don't they just use a different save =\

level 200 fortresses are a joke

@pizzaface I agree, they'd shown a lvl 60 end-game Save so they could use that but sadly it's up to them, not us.
Fallen Savior

He wants to break down strategy in the streams...not showcase his skill with Talion. I’m sure he will ask for tougher forts later on.
Community Admin

Hey gang -

We're working on building higher level fortresses for console. For a little behind the scenes, when you see us playing at a higher level for new Tribe streams, we're playing on a PC which is easier to use different saves. Console saves are a lot more finnicky and we have to play our stream campaign, for each console, up to the level we need to build higher level forts.

And while Jared in particular is quite prolific at playing, he can't spend all day doing it sadly, which is also why there's a little bit of a lag in getting higher level Monolith fortresses.

That reply was more "inside baseball" as they say, but I figured it was worth it so you don't think we're ignoring our high level players! We're on it.

@MonolithMark Thenks for the reply!

Oh, I think we understood.  I was just trying to get in on the action and couldn't figure out how.  It would take way too much effort to Shame a 60 down to 1 and then build em back up to 20-30 so they lose a few of the massive weaknesses you instill through the shaming

Don't worry about shaming them into oblivion, as the useless level ups from the pit fights are a plenty. Smiley Mad