Novice

I'm stuck at lvl 19 against a lvl 40 captain

Alright, so I'm at the first siege mission "The Etten" and there is an orc captain who's only weakness is heavy damage from beast attacks.

I can't switch regions until I complete this seige and kill him. I've tried so **bleep** many times. He kills me and my captains in 1 or 2 hits.

Do I just delete my account and start over or is there a way around this guy?
Grunt

Re: I'm stuck at lvl 19 against a lvl 40 captain

I wonder how you ended up with a captain that's so many levels above you. Did you die to him a few times before the siege?

Do you have any quests left in Nurnen? Throw the biggest white gems you have on your cloak and armor and do those to try and gain a few more levels before trying again. If you're out of quests in Nurnen, use Nemesis Missions instead.

Is he a Warchief? If not, take him out before the siege out in the open world. If this were any siege other than Nurnen (because it's story related) you could screw him over with betrayals and whatnot but oh well.

You could always lower the difficulty if you aren't already on easy. There aren't any trophies or achievements related to difficulty at all. You can change it at any time.

If all else fails, give us his traits, your skills, and your gear and we can try and help you figure out a strategy you may not have thought of yet.
The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

Is he an Overlord or another captain? At least if he's not Overlord, you can throw endless Grunts at him. If you can freeze pin him, try doing this from a distance while your army tries do him a murder.

Novice

Thanks for the replies. His name is Amug the Agonizer, warlord assassin. His weaknesses are ranged attacks, executions and fire actually.

I died to him more times than I can remember and I guess he will just get stronger and stronger.
I'm gonna attempt to kill him outside the siege.

I switched to easy so that should help.
Novice

Nope. He's 41 now. I'm restarting. Now that I know how to play, I won't make such fatal mistakes.

Fighting hard captains actually can come to as little physical contact as possible. That means Shadow Strikes, headshots, Elven Light, calling beasts, calling bodyguards, etc. Theoretically, you can just keep lighting him on fire, gaining might from grunts, and executing him to death.
Novice

Problem I think is that he was a commander and was always with like 3 or 4 other captains. I think I ran through the game too quickly and payed dearly for it. Almost all the captains were a higher level than me. I'm gonna take it slow now.
Highlighted

Definitely take it slow, try to build your army and bodyguard in the fight pits, pop in xp boost as well. Try getting on top of a building and arrow him to death, if his weakness is fire try equipting your weapons that has a chance to light the enemy on fire.