Does demoting followers actually increase betrayal chances?

It would make sense if it did, but the mechanics of the game would make this really stupid.

You are forced to demote overlords and warchiefs if you want to level them up and keep them up to snuff.

Can anyone give a definite answer if demoting increases chances of betrayal?

Re: Does demoting followers actually increase betrayal chances?

Wow i had a guy betray me right after i promoted him to warchief that's lame

I hope not, because of the mechanic that doesn't allow an increase in Overlord or Warchief level without demotion.

I remove them constantly and I have had only a handful of Betrayals. 

Follower

this can happen.. i needed to level up 1 of my over lords from 50 so i demoted him to use him in the pits as i literally got to the pit he betrays me on top of that not only did he get iron will but he had dam near everything that could enrage him and every immunity but stealth that was the only way you could kill him.. so when he betrayed me it gave him unbreakable instead of iron will.. someone is going ot say that was not possible.. but i beg to differ.. it did happen.. so this guy went from Pain Seeker to something crazy with betrayal in it.. and man he even killed me 2 times after doing it.. 3 times it took to kill him with 2 captains and a bodyguard he ambushed me right after 2 captains did a ordeal so i laid out my bodyguard it sucked to took me literally 3 weeks to make him perfect to lose him on a betrayal and i have not been able to get another Pain Seeker so i stopped playing the game all together till the DLC comes out cuz i prey they have these glitches fixed and the game fixed or i wont play until everything is released in the game

Eh, betrayals make my game even when I have to run away. 

Your story of the pain seeker turning on you, after you demoted him and sent him to the pits...then dying to him twice and killing him on the third try is exactly what I find enthralling about this game. 

As far as I've been told, sending them to the pit fights increases the chance of betrayal, not demotion.

Uruk

My 2 cents...

Placing followers in warchief/overlord slots freezes them. Blood-Brother Revenge could pull them out but that's it.

When you put them back into a captain-slot the unfreeze and if they were bound to betray you anyway - they will now do so.

Could be wrong, of course.