Follower

Any way to disable "rescuing"?

God dammit! How many near perfect orcs I have lost to "bodyguard rescue"...

All you can do is pause the game and restart it and hope that next time you let him you, hes not instantly killed when you try to level him and make him epic/legendary

Is there any way to disable this? Or at least reduce the likelyhood?

I know if you have no bodyguard its reduced... but even then either random gondor guards or a random dominated orc saves you... so is the only way for this not to happen not to level in minas ithil and wait for minas morgul and have no dominated orcs in the area? (as well as uninstalling forthog)?

Topics: 30
Kudos: 1,002

Re: Any way to disable "rescuing"?

You could just not purposely die. Why would you want to it anyway?
This is just my opinion and I'm just trying to help. I cannot offer tech support and am in no affiliated with Monolith.

you have to purposely die! there is a trophy for getting killed 3 times by same uruk/olog then converting him, also getting killed by a captain can turn him epic/legendary

@TheTarkLord research before responding please

@Emirin Ok, sorry, all I did was ask. I didn't mean to put down the idea or anything.
This is just my opinion and I'm just trying to help. I cannot offer tech support and am in no affiliated with Monolith.
The Bright Lord

@TheTarkLord never apologise for asking questions. The response to you was rude.

To the op, try spreading out your activities. If intend to die to one orc multiple times, dont do it back to back. Get some captain kills and nemesis missions done in between purposeful deaths. It seems to me that the saviour feature is like a safety net. Just in case that one orc keeps killing you over and over. The orcs traits sometimes will make this more likely and im guessing the saviour system is there to balance out those almost invincible orcs.
Forthog Forever.

Yeah, he had me too.  I was so careful to hit by a particular Uruk then up pops a Gondorian and chops his head off!!  I agree with the previous about them turning up so you don't get stuck on an orc.  I was really struggling on the end fight of my second seige.  He was almost unbeatable on Nemesis (mainly due to no Elven Light and carragors and arrow chuckers everywhere.  I was about to sulk and go down a level when he turned up.  Having said that, I have commited Suicide by Orc several times and it hasn't actually raised the level of an orc once, so not sure why it doesn't work for me.  Maybe it has to be on Nemesis the whole time (I went Normal for a while when I got stuck).

Grunt

@McSmudger It definitely doesn't have to do with the fact that you played a little bit on Normal. A captain ranking up to epic or legendary when they kill you is just a very low chance. After too many deaths to count, it has only happened to me 3 or 4 times, if that.

RNG is random after all.

Thanks @LazarusNecrosis, I have now completed main story and on Shadow Wars 6.  I now have quite a few legendary weapons and a afir amount of Legendary Orcs have been generated.  I notice that they become Epic quite often, but rarely go Legendary, except when you lose a Citadel then the Overload always goes Legendary. Thanks for responding though!

I agree with that, but actually as the game has gone on I have grown to like the Saviour system.  I die less anyway, and the times he has turned up is when I have been REALLY stuck with a captain, some are almost impossible for me, so I've appreciated the intervention. Its saved my launching my controller thorugh my very expensive TV on more than 1 occassion!!

Random saviour events are fun, but seriously dude I was trying to let that slave orc kill me. 

Pash Lucky Shot my butt. 

More like Pash Lazy Shot(because he shot a slave orc, not wearing armour and who was previously being beaten up by a savage). 

Purposly dying is essential...If you don't know then it's obvious you never played Shadow Mordor.

*I don't know how this obvious strategy didn't occur to everyone to level a Orc Captain...

the arrogance of post @ top of thread stated ""or you could NOT die on purpose"

@Mcsipp I wasn't being arrogant, I was just suggesting that maybe don't purposely die. I did play SoM and yes, I know that dying to a Captain to level him up was key but in the new game Fight Pits were introduced, Training Orders were introduced and now Orcs can jump up loads of levels if they win a Power Struggle against a Capain that's quite a few higher levels than them. In SoM I did use the dying on purpose trick but I think that in this game it's not needed, if you think differently then you think differently, it doesn't mean I'm arrogant.
Highlighted
The Bright Lord

If one is going to use words like arrogance, perhaps it would be wise for one to learn what it means first.
And accurate quotation is good aswell.

Anyhoo, @Razak_the_Dark, by the sounds of it, the new online fight pit stuff will be an option for "promotion" to legendary status. And training orders will be available too so that should help in the creation of legendary guys.
Forthog Forever.