Superior Vigilante

Batman: Return to Arkham Release Update Message

[ Edited ]

After reviewing the progress of the project, the team at WB Games has decided to delay the release of Batman: Return to Arkham to give the team at Virtuos Games additional time to deliver a polished Batman Arkham game experience.  We do not have a release date yet and will be sure to communicate that once we are sure the game will be ready.   We know this is disappointing news, but we feel the extra time will allow the team to create the best gaming experience for our fans.  

In order to keep conversations around this topic in one place, please keep any discussions regarding this news in this thread.  All other posts regarding the release delay will be locked and directed to this post. 

Vengeance of The Night

Re: Batman: Return to Arkham Release Update Message

[ Edited ]

While it's great that you're giving more time to making the game a solid experience this isn't surprising given the sparse information, questionable quality and prolonged silence from the mods, WB or virtuous.

Given how WB's choice to outsource the PC version of Arkham Knight turned out it would help to inspire confidence if we got a little bit more information on what exactly is cause for the delay and how the delay will benefit the game.

You can't blame customers be being extremely wary about this situation given how even the delays of arkham Knight didn't save it from some troubles.

Is the unreal engine 4 proving too much hassle? Does Virtuous need more time? Is WB responding to fan requests?

Or will we get the usual "more information when available response"?

Vigilante of the Night

Little depressed about this. The games were supposed to hold me back until No Man's Sky comes out in August. But whatever.
Hero of Gotham

While I want the best game possible I am bummed over this news. I don't get how they just announce it and now it's delayed? And while it's stated no date has been set, there's a rumour that it's going to be 8 months. Can that be confirmed? Even an approximate date would be nice along with a reason for the delays. Is it graphics? Or adding more features to the game? Having an issue getting it to play well on Unreal 4? Etc etc
Professor Noob the Third, PhD

"Well that was unexpected wasn't it?"-Joker
Highlighted
Community Moderator

With how some of the character models were looking, I can't say I'm too surprised by this.
World's Greatest Detective

If it means a better product, I'm all for it. Keep up the hard work!

Check out my Batman Fan-Film/trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1995882007&feature=iv&src_vid=VantA55EI7Q&v=FQjqIjjVyd8
Hero of Gotham

[ Edited ]

SteveGrayson wrote:

After reviewing the progress of the project, the team at WB Games has decided to delay the release of Batman: Return to Arkham to give the team at Virtuous Games additional time to deliver a polished Batman Arkham game experience.  We do not have a release date yet and will be sure to communicate that once we are sure the game will be ready.   We know this is disappointing news, but we feel the extra time will allow the team to create the best gaming experience for our fans.  

In order to keep conversations around this topic in one place, please keep any discussions regarding this news in this thread.  All other posts regarding the release delay will be locked and directed to this post. 

While this is not a surprise considering the lack of information on the game sinces we first found out the game was going to happend in the first place. Hopefully this means they are doing it right and the game will be amazing. It would be nice if with this news if we got at least a few new photos showing how the game is going along to make the delay easier to deal with. Now just added origins to lol.

#BringBackChallengeMaps
Hero of Gotham

MadsDad wrote:
While I want the best game possible I am bummed over this news. I don't get how they just announce it and now it's delayed? And while it's stated no date has been set, there's a rumour that it's going to be 8 months. Can that be confirmed? Even an approximate date would be nice along with a reason for the delays. Is it graphics? Or adding more features to the game? Having an issue getting it to play well on Unreal 4? Etc etc

Hopefull we get a update like that at the Tokyo game show or something.

#BringBackChallengeMaps
Noob Wizard

How's the development on Batman Return to Arkham going for PS4 and Xbox One? It was going to come out on July 26, 2016 and am upset that they delayed the release for Batman Return to Arkham and when is Batman Return to Arkham going to be released for PS4 and Xbox One and will it be released later this year or 2017 for the game to be best?

Good to hear you all are taking more time to make the final product better. I'll wait a couple years more if I have to, I personally thought this remaster was five years too early anyway. Obviously I know the delay won't take years but I am just saying I'd be willing to wait.

I sure do hope this delay means that the graphics will be greatly improved, maybe even possibly on Arkham Knight's level... Anyways, thank you for delaying this instead of rushing it out for some quick cash, your community appreciates it Smiley Happy

Apex Vigilante

Been waiting for this for a while, but, am happy to know that it will be done justice.
I hope it will be knight level with graphics.

Now, since you are going to do it right, and since you have no deadline, please, add origns??!!
Hero of Gotham

This delay is a good thing.

Not just because it gives the developer more time to work on the game but also because July already has  Batman vs Superman  on DVD and The Killing Joke. Giving me all the Batman fill I need for the month.

#BeInTheBatcave|#Robin'sHood|#toolazytochangesignature
Hero of Gotham

I still think a better explanation is needed. No confirmation that it was being made. Then a trailer gets released. Solaris is allowed to confirm Joker missions r for the Xbox as well as ps4. They made this forum to let fans discuss the game. Then a month or so later and a month b4 release its delayed for "polishing" indefinitely. I truly want the best game possible. Nor do I want a glitch filled mess or caterpillar eyebrows etc etc. Just a more concise msg to what's going on would be nice.
Vengeance of The Night

Thank you for not cashing in on a quick port that looks worse than the originals. The first two Arkham games deserve a quality remaster.

ಠ_ಠ
Mini-Noob

As bummed as I am about this, I want "Return to Arkham" to be the best game it can be. Hopefully, the graphics are better than the trailer, which I think was rushed because of the leak.

Excellent decision, cannot be praised enough. I'd much rather have a game be delayed than be released in a buggy state on day one.

I'm glad they've decided to take the time to optimize the game for PS4, Xbox One and hopefully improve the graphics.

I don't visit often anymore, March 8th may change that
Year One Vigilante

Good news for me. I hope the delay does these games justice. We appreciate you lads not rushing these out for a quick buck.
Year One Vigilante

Good move, it looked like it still needed a lot more work.

Noob; Purifier of Souls

If you want a remaster done right you go to Bluepoint games