Follower

Re: The Market Thread.

You was referring micro-transaction as tempting or people with people with no self-control . which can also fall under addictive behavior that what I was referring too. I also never said that you shouldn't play...

If you have speed through the game it means your not enjoying full game, Which makes me believe the base game is just a grind fest and micro-transaction was the cause have that extra grind.

For some who would rush the game and spend money to someone who will take there time and enjoy most of the feature . I take that guys feedback then the person who rushes the game.

There no need microtransaction! everyone can get through the game just fine. like everyone been saying there no need pay. So what do you need microtransaction?
Nemesis

[ Edited ]

As I was saying, I will have a baby on my hands in a couple of weeks, so its good to know its something for those of us who dont have time to grind and grind. So that is a feature for some players who want it. Why deny that to those players, when it dont affect your game in any way? Its better to have something for every type of gamer. How people enjoy a game is up to them. You cant decide who enjoys the game more. Some can enjoy the heck out of the game by playing just as they want to play. The only thing they dont do, is grind and grind and grind. Maybe they dont enjoy the grinding. You might, some might not.

And if you really have so little control over your will that you buy orcs even if you dont want, go offline and then maybe go to counselling for it. 

And it soundet like you meant I should wait until I had time for grinding, and because you dont agree with MTs then neither should I. My point is: everyone is different. What makes a game great for you, might be different to me. 

I have said what I need to say about MTs. Dont like it, then dont use it. If it really bothers you, dont buy it. Its really not rocket science.

Blanding av amstaff, pitbull og ulv og markerer mitt revir på ditt stuegulv... Og heter Tass!
Follower

[ Edited ]

You enjoy the game you put the time in! Even it is a grind fest. If it to much grind ask them that game is too grind. And the people who want to going tho the game quickly is called EASY MODE! that an non cost alternative and that option is the same thing. Mico-transaction is not needed . It just doesn't benefits the players. Just benefits the company.

I tried of seeing Mico-transaction infant one game after a other this trend need to stop!!!!

I am going to play the game , but I am not going to stop voice out against until this stuff stops!!!

Novice

Does anyone know if the milestones that reward gold merium are repeatable? thanks in advance for any answers and i hope everyone has a great day. Honestly i proberbly won't be using the system too much, as it seems like it will make the game easier, but i would love to promote some of my dudes i meet in game with the command orders

Novice

Can you clarify what you consider normal gameplay? Is this game a grinder? If it's not a grinder, if you buy chests, do you skip content?

Novice

You don't so much skip content, but to put it into context, i spent a very long time in shadow of mordor crafting an increadible follower, people would consider what i did a grind.

You are now able to buy followers, thus you don't need to grind to make your perfect dude, but i'll tell you, i would choose my weaker follower that i got connected to in game over some slave bought of the market.

Nemesis

[ Edited ]

@Drakolth   I like the way you think thumbs up! You understand that it's a choice not a requirement all of my captain will be branded ingame as well I never spend a lot of money on a game even if they have microtransaction as an option. 

Blight Lord
Novice

Charging extra money for content in a single player game is NEVER good. We pay for the game and everything included, stop being greedy, money grubbing bastards with micro transactions in single player, full priced releases.

Novice

It doesn't matter if you can get the content without the paywall, the fact of the matter is that the balance of the game is altered to encourage money transactions.

Don't be blind and let these kinds of dishonest practices continue and be encouraged.

Novice

[ Edited ]

@Doddsy

Keep in mind that most game developers create games out of passion, and i believe this is the case with monolith, from what i have seen i think they are the biggest fan of their own creation, which is an awesome thing. While i dislike microtransactions in games, i believe that if they are implemented correctly they do not harm the overall game, and i believe shadow of war is like this.

As they said on stream "they balanced the game first"

You don't design a game around microtransactions, and i don't think that the developers set out to make a microtransaction heavy game, it may be an executive decision, out of their control, so just make sure you direct your frustration at the right people. Have a good day

Follower

@Drakolth I do know that monolith love there game. And many games that come out of WB have microtransaction .That doesn't stop them being ask or putting them for business reason. Game can be developed with them in mind or have a big part of it. The common,rare and Legendary orcs/weapon/armor/ system was heavily influenced by other game that used loot boxes. They could use more creative ways in using the loot boxes to recruit and retrain orcs .
Grunt

I just think the system is backwards.

If Monolith added the ability to access Gold loot boxes by entering the market and getting them, for free, without spending money, people would all say: This game is too easy, this game allows you to cheat, what's the point of playing if you can just pop orcs out of boxes?

But because, and only because, you enter a market, click a button, and pay five bucks to get the exact same thing, it's suddenly okay. It's okay for the game to be crappier, easier, and more pointless because you payed for it to be crappier, easier, and more pointless. You are paying more money for a worse game. Selectively, certain people are paying more money than anyone else for an easier mode, a crappier experience.

It's absurd, and it's a con, and everyone on here who is pro micro transactions is completely brainwashed by a system that's awful, and was introduced only like five years ago, but is already accepted as normal even in AAA games. 

Microtransactions are a disgrace to gamers and to the industry. It makes sense in a free to play game where it'sthe soul source of income, but does't belong in a game where you pay $100 bucks at release. 

And again, if you persist with "It doesn't effect 'your' game, 'you' don't have to buy the chests, don't hate on buying boxes that make the game into a poorer quality version of itself.", That's fine. You're totally right about that. We don't have to buy the chests, but that doesn't mean you should have to pay for them either.

Monolith/WB can give you the same crappier version of the game with your easy game cheat chests in it without charging you money for your cheat chests. They can do it. It's easy, they just don't charge you but give you the easy mode chests. Maybe even call it a Mythril chest so you think it's fancy and you're buying something of value instead of being swindled.

They've stated that the currency value hasn't been set yet, so that means they are still negotiating whether 100 gold coins are worth 1 dollar, or whether 100 gold coins are worth five dollars. Or 100 cold coins are worth 2 cents, or hey, maybe they're free? Maybe you can just cheat for free? Does cheating feel less like cheating if you pay five dollars for it? If they hold your hand and tell you it's okay, even, maybe you should do it?

Novice

@chriscobweb

I agree that microtransactions do not belong in AAA games, and i'm not saying that i want then in all the games that i play, but honestly i think monolith have implemented them in the best way possible, because i don't think they had a choice as to whether or not it was in the game.

Compared to games such as For Honor, Mass effect andromoda (i don't even know why its excuse of a multiplayer had microtransactions) and other similar games that all have microtransactions, monolith has implemented it in a way that does not take away from the base game if you don't buy it, in fact i think its quite the opposite. You lose value in shadow of war if you buy these chests with real money, which i'm ok with, cause i don't plan to spend more money on it.

Sadly the gaming industry is in a state where passionate developers are forced to milk their games by the higher ups, and oftentimes when a studio does not have higher ups they have to close down.

In the end they have managed to not block off content through paywalls, thats why i'm ok with it.

Have a good day all.

Grunt

@Drakolth  

I agree, and I'm sorry if I got a little carried away in that last one I just got home from being out drinking and probably shouldn't be typing.

I am SO stoked for this game. I think Monolith have done an amazing job. I've really enjoyed how open they have been with the dev process through the streams and chats. It's cool, they seem like cool folks and they're making a quality product.

I don't like microtransactions in prepaid games, period. I DO like the idea that Monolith was forced into it, because I really doubt they would want to cheapen their product. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because they have been so awesome, and I agree with Drakolth that this system was executed in the best way it could have been. It's kind of amazing that they are going to charge people for a lesser game experience. I'd probably be more angry about the MT system if they were charging people for a better experience. I just feel bad about it.

Okay, enough ranting. I'm out of this thread. Peace everybody.

Hoping for a microtransactionless future of quality games and good people.

Grunt

[ Edited ]

Smiley Tongue

Follower

[ Edited ]

just want to make something clear here because some don't seem to get it. and i'm not defending microtransactions here, i'm only rationalizing the need of them. i'm very wary of these things because they tend to be paywalls for getting a better experience, but in this game they AREN'T. if they are implemented well they are ignorable, if it is badly implemented it is something you cannot ignore. 

-> what is the diffrence between a game that comes out today and a game that has come out 5 years ago? the one that comes out today has better graphics and gameplaysystems. which means that it costs MORE(they either need more time or more ppl which equal more costs). have the base prices of games been going up to reflect the costs? NO. so Devellopers and companies need a way to compensate for this. microtransactions is a way to do this. DLC is not an option because it isn't cost-effective(e.g. dev costs). you want a good game? then cope with the microtransactions because you'll only see more of it in games who want to be AAA. developers nowadays have no choice in this matter. they used to a couple of years ago, but not anymore. companies need to turn a profit too, as games are made because there is money in it, not because of your need for entertainment. Games nowdays are a gamble for the companies making them, since they don't know if they will be able to turn a tidy profit with it. 

-> you can't get silver mirian with real money. that means you cannot spend a lot of money from the get-go to insanely upgrade your armies and gear to insane end-game levels early on. everything outside of the shop is with silver mirian, SO the game will be balanced for a market-less singleplayer experience and thus the market is something akin to a speed boost. you CAN double the amount of mirian you get with a boost(spoils of war boost i believe is mirian related) but you cannot sit on your ass and buy silver with your money to bypass farming. 

-> you can spend your excess mirian in the market. remember all that mirian you had left over when you completed shadow of mordor on 100% and had no way of spending it? this is a way to do it. 

-> the market system shortens the time you need to farm gear, find the followers you want and customize them. you can completely ignore this and still get the follower you want if you farm long enough. orcs you place in the nemesis system will always take up a spot, if there are no spots they WILL kill some1 to get a spot, they will kill that guy with a 100% succes chance. 

Community Moderator

[ Edited ]

Just to let everyone know because I have seen at least a couple of minor ones flying about the the level for any kind of personal insult on this board no matter how minor is zero, none at all, el zilcho, however you want to say it. It's perfectly possible to disagree with someone without calling them names.

This is a general reminder for everyone please be mindful of how you post and to be nice and respectful to one another.

All right you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my BOOMSTICK!
Uruk

You just lost one of the biggest supporters of your game

Ever since Shadow of Mordor came out, it's been one of my favorite games of all time. Definitely game of the year in 2014 for me, and I've been looking forward to its sequel so much. I tried to not be like a blind fanboy and defend something no matter what, but whenever someone said something bad about SoM, I always tried to provide counterargument why the game is good, and why the series has so much potential. And that we should support it. And now you've lost me the same way Rockstar Games lost me - with greediness. I'm not going to buy this game anymore.

I hope you'll be happy with the community who will spend dozens, if not hundreds of dollars on your game and blindly follow you regardless of your morals.

Novice

What makes you think that Monolith had any say in the decision to put microtransactions in their game?

This is all WB Games idea through and through.

Pure greed is at the heart of this decision not passion for their game.

Nemesis

Re: You just lost one of the biggest supporters of your game

Ummmmmmmmmm you do know you can play it without ever spending real money right????