Grunt

Re: The Market Thread.

Welcome to this room, there is a button to your left which, if pressed, will give you a candy bar. The candy bar will poison you a bit, but there is no food in the next room, so maybe it's worth it. I'm not sure how long you will be in here. You can proceed to the next room without the candy bar if you'd like, or you can press the button. Press the button if you want to, you know you want that candy bar. The candy bar is really cool, and easy.

Grunt

@Draxengard

Hey man, what you do in your dorm room is your business, buddy.

I am not suggesting they remove your time saving device, I'm just suggesting that you, me and everyone we know shouldn't have to pay for it. It's like, two lines of code one way or the other.

Grunt

Everyone on here will be paying $60- 100 bucks to play this game, so it's not like we are asking for anything to be free.

The Bright Lord

MTs has been around for ages, and its up to the player. You can not use it, and just buy the stuff that are bought with mirian. it dont affect you in any way, shape or form. Its a single player game. So what is the big problem? I would understand it if it was mp where you could buy things to get better at taking on other players. But its not. Its just you. Is it because you dont have self control and know you will fall into temptation? Its not like its gamebreaking in any way not having legendary orcs from the get go. Its not gamebreaking not having legendary/epic training orders, since you can get training orders for mirian. And you get legendary orcs by searching for them. 

Now Im just curious to what the reasons for the hate is. Since you dont have to spend a dollar other than what it cost to buy the game. And you can wait until the game are cheaper. I really really dont see the problems with MTs.

Blanding av amstaff, pitbull og ulv og markerer mitt revir på ditt stuegulv... Og heter Tass!
The Bright Lord

chriscobweb wrote:

@Draxengard

Hey man, what you do in your dorm room is your business, buddy.

I am not suggesting they remove your time saving device, I'm just suggesting that you, me and everyone we know shouldn't have to pay for it. It's like, two lines of code one way or the other.

Im going to agree with one thing: They could make all the things in the marked available to be bought with mirian (just a lot more than the parts that are like that today.

Blanding av amstaff, pitbull og ulv og markerer mitt revir på ditt stuegulv... Og heter Tass!
Grunt

[ Edited ]

@Draxengard

Yeah man, that's what I'm getting at, while I don't plan on using these chests personally (besides the orders)  I don't think they are a bad feature for people who can find use for them, I just think it's a shame that they have to pay for them.

I'm protesting not so much for myself, or for people who have great education systems and thick enough wallets to dish out an extra 20-50 bucks on a 60-100 buck game, but for the people who don't have time, can barely afford a 60 dollar game, and definitely won't be able to afford buying chests, but maybe will anyway because it's so nice and shiny, and preciousss.

It's not about what I can or can't do, it's about what everyone else can or cannot do. It's about caring about members of your community who are in a worse situation than you are.

Please don't  use symbols to get around the swear filter.

Stranger

Follower

@Draxengard The loot box systems Is meant to get you spend more money. You are proving that it shouldn't be there in the first place if it play to people addiction. Why should you dictate how the system should be in if you have so little time in playing anyway? It showed that this game doesn't need the that system
Novice

[ Edited ]

@Draxengard Its a forum for feedback, so yeah. Thats open to anyone, on both sides of the arguemnt.  Its kind of the point.

And my feedback is I'm now passing on this.

Master of Gadgets

@Zerodrake001 thats why i don't like microtransactions in sp games. they don't need to be there and the only reason it is there is to make money. plus the standard game is £55 with the season pass it's £90 now they're microtransactions. It adds up quick
Nemesis

[ Edited ]

@LetoTheTyrantdude have you not been reading the thread? Its not a pay to play idiot. I'm starting to get annoyed at you people because you guys don't listen to anything mention to that thick skull of yours. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO BUY GOLD MIRIAN OR NOT YOU DON'T NEED IT TO PLAY THE GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. do you want me to speak in your language for you?

Look this is not going to ruin the game because it's going to be a free to play with gold Mirian that you can choose to get. This post is also directed toward the general thick headed people who comes on here not knowing about what Mirian is and just started blabbing about it being bad for the game

Blight Lord
The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

Zerodrake001 wrote:
@Draxengard The loot box systems Is meant to get you spend more money. You are proving that it shouldn't be there in the first place if it play to people addiction. Why should you dictate how the system should be in if you have so little time in playing anyway? It showed that this game doesn't need the that system

Did I say it has anything to do with addiction? No. I said I dont have much time to play, so its nice to be able to get somewhere in lesser time than normal. Its a difference. So because I dont have all the time in the world, I should not play it at all? I could ask you the very same question really, why should you (or other mt-haters) dictate how the system should be, if you dont want to use it anyway? Its better its there for those who need it, then not there for those who dont want to use it anyway. If you see my point. It shows it need a system that let all types of players play it. 

@Preliminary7 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 My thought exactly! 

Topics: 24
Kudos: 236

If this were a multiplayer game like Call of Duty then yes microtransactions would be bad, but since it's singleplayer and you buying these chests doesn't affect other players then why the hell not? Not sure where everyone's mind is.
Warchief

As if that will happen. The psychological element of Microtransactions is overwhelming. Even if you dont buy it the fact that its there is a horrible factor. I wish they only included cosmetic stuff. But no. They know how to make us pay really. The main point of Nemesis System was the fact that It was random. The thing is here is whats gonna happen: "Oh **bleep** a cool looking Orc but eww horrible traits, OMG Amazing traits but Orc looks like crap. And even when u get a good orc once it dies u rage quit." I still have faith in this game, yet this was disappointing. I know its the WB thats doing the microtransactions not Monolith...

[ Edited ]

@Daimon97, So you don't think we should beable to train our Uruks the way we want? That's the whole point of the training assignments. Just like in real life you can learn a skill or trade, in this case it's poison or burning weapon, getting rid of a weakness (Dunno if that's one of them), or assigning a group of followers to them. It allows us to customize our army the way we want to and what does it matter? With the Silver currency it costs you NO real money. If someone else wants to spend their cash on better chests/loot then let them. It DOESN'T affect you or your playthrough. You need to learn some better will power if you can't handle there being a Market, should be easy to resist the urge to pay for something.

The Bright Lord

Haters gonna hate.

it is not addictive in a single player game, and everything in the marked can be found in the game. If I buy a gold chest, I wont buy one every day, just to get my daily dose of orc. I will use it sometimes for fun.

I think its good the system is in place for those who want it, so can those who dont want it just not use it. Something for every type of player. And you can use mirian, so I dont see the problem. It IS cosmetic, it is orcs. Every orc is an orc you can find in the game if you want to look for it. The training orders can be bought with mirian. Its no difference between a marked who uses in game currency and MTs.

Its a singleplayer game. It wont affect your game in any way, shape or form if you dont use it. So you can ignore it completly. Is that really so hard? If it was a multiplayer-game I would agree with you. But its not.

MTs was also in Dead Space 3, where you could buy parts to make weapons. You did not have to, it was a lot of parts and other weapons, but sometimes you want to have fun and really go mad scientist on the monsters. The only difference there, is that the packs you bought were reuseable. That, and the fact not every chest-edition can be bought with mirian (only silver), I can agree is less than optimal solution.

Like KKRIVE says: Its easy to resist to urge to pay for something. 

Warchief

The other thing that worries me @KKRIVE is that what if we spend hours building the best Uruk cool looking good traits etc, and then he gets killed by a random grunt or a weaker captain... So if people buy orcs with money seeing them die after minutes of buying them will be sooooo frustrating dont you think??

The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

Then you get great loot from that captain. It will also be a chance he cheats death. Further more, its not the best argument against MTs: the orc might die... 

@Daimon97 , Sure it would be frustrating but that seems to be the risk you're taking. If you don't intend on buying the Gold currency then you shouldn't have to worry about the risk. You can get all the same stuff in the free (no real money) chests with Silver currency just by simply playing the game. Yeah the chances of getting a legendary Uruk/Olog is slim but you still get a chance.
The Bright Lord

Yeah, in the streams you can see quite a few legendary/epics. Smiley Happy If I would loose my favorite orc I have worked with, I will mourne him, and find a new orc to work with.

Warchief

[ Edited ]

I honestly don't understand why some people feel the need to keep defending microtransactions, especially by insulting people who are against them. Not everyone likes microtransactions. Big deal. Why does it bother you that not everyone likes them? Like it or not, you should respect their opinions. By insulting them you're only making yourself look foolish.

The fact remains that you can't get all the same stuff with mirian. Some items you can only get from the gold and mythrill warchest.