08-05-2017 12:51 AM
Seeing the economy thread is locked.
Merge Mirian and gold into one universal currency.
Merge the two into one universal currency with the option of buying it. Locking parts of the market with gold only purchases is just going to give you bad PR. Don't pull this skinner box tactics that freemiuim facebook games do. This is a triple A release title. I am paying 60$ for this game and im going to get the season pass because I always support monolith titles even though I disagree with upper mangement and who owns the studio. I want condemed 3 to exist at some point in my life.
You don't need to milk people with gold purchases, by merging the two you are creating a lesser evil and you get to make your little trickle off the game. It lessens the blow on us as well because there are people here who are very ill responsible with money and may make a few purchases they will regret and can’t eat for a few days. You give people the option to hurt themselves, they will hurt themselves. Humans do this. You got two whole months to restructure the market, delay the game another month if you have too if it's that complicated. But for the love god, do not go full hog facebook game tactics of speeding up progression. Just let people earn these ultra-loot boxes naturally without giving them little drops of gold here and there. Thus making them thirsty for gold and forking over cash.
WE are paying 60$ to play this game. Every single person who buys this game will spend 60$ American dollars to play this on their respected platforms. Then if they really want too, the extra editions where one is 80$ and the other is 100$ You don't need a gold system. You will make plenty of money off the game for simply being associated with the lord of the rings IP and the fact its a sequel to a game that was surprisingly original and above average.
God sakes, overwatch’s system is better than this. Please there has be SOMBODY on that team that disagrees with this but can’t speak because of contractual obligations. Merge the two currencies, and everyone wins. We get to explore the other parts of the market by simply playing the game, and you get the option of people buying to speed up progression.
We don't need gold. Please remove gold.
Do the right thing!
08-05-2017 01:14 AM
I'm probably late to the party but I just saw the 'economy' livestream.
I'm not enthused about getting the Orcs through chests, as finding and dominating them is more satisfying, but the training orders are a solution to the age old SoM problem at getting great looking orcs with very poor skills.
Will there be any other means of obtaining training orders outside of War Chests? Will there be chests that contain only training orders without the orcs?
08-05-2017 01:32 AM - edited 08-07-2017 06:40 AM
This is the thread for all things related to the Market and currency in SOW, please can you post any thoughts, opinions or otherwise in this thread.
If you have a question about how the Market works then the thread you need is this one (link below)
If you wish to know more about the market then the link below will take you the the very detailed announcement thread.
08-05-2017 02:11 AM
08-05-2017 03:49 AM
08-05-2017 04:21 AM
Looks like people do not bother with reading what is beeing said.
1. You get EVERYTHING the chests has in them (beside training orders) in the game itself.
2. You dont need to buy gold to get chests or training orders, you can use the excess mirian to buy said chests.
3. If you dont like it, dont use it. Its really that simple.
4. Even though its a one time use, you can get whats in the garrison over to a new game. But remember, their lvl will drop to your lvl when you deploy them. So if you transfer them at lvl 60, and deploy them in a new game when Talion are at lvl 20, they will downgrade to lvl 20. Even so, if you have some favorite and awesome bodyguard and other followers, put them in the garrison. Thats cool! And if you have bought chests, but not used them, they will be there when you start a new game.
5. The orcs will be at Talions lvl, so think about that when you buy chests. Maybe wait until you are at a decent lvl yourself. Or not, really up to you. Getting an orc through chests are just the same as getting them in the game, they are not special orcs. They can have the same gear, the same looks and the same traits. So if you want a legendary orc, you can track one down and dominate him, or you can buy him. Your choice.
6. The gear are also at Talions lvl, so you will not be overpowered by buying it. It will lvl up with you, but it might be smart to wait in my own opinion.
7. There is no limit to how much mirian you can store. Some tribes give you a lot of loot, like the marauder tribe, and there are treasure-orcs you kill for mirian. You also get mirian from doing missions and destroying gear. And if you wonder about it: silver chests cost 1000 mirian, so does a fortress upgrade.
8. The drop rate of common/epic/legendary orcs has nothing to do with the market. Monolith balanced SoW first, so the drop rates there is set for what their designers and research has shown to be the most interesting.
9. Silver Warchest - 1 training order (or boost), 2 orcs, 1 guaranteed to be Epic
BOTH of these can come out as a legendary orc
Gold Warchest - 2 training orders (or boost), 3 orcs, 1 guaranteed to be legendary and the others at least epic
So all 3 could come out as legendaries.
Mithril is all legendarys with a legendary training order
10. If you have the dlc-tribes installed, you can get orcs from that tribe in said chests.
11. You get gold from certain missions, community events and from the store.
So a recap. You do not need to buy gold, everthing in the chests besides training orders (and you can buy silver chests with mirian) will be found in the game itself. They are not hiding anything behind microtransactions.
Everything is your choice.
08-05-2017 04:35 AM
08-05-2017 04:39 AM
@Joker2988 Yes, you can lvl up your orc by doing missions. The training order gives you the opportunity to give him the traits you want, but you are by no means forced to do so.
08-05-2017 05:12 AM - edited 08-05-2017 05:21 AM
is gear going to be stored in an "armory" like the orcs are in the garrison? it should be. if orcs are like that gear should be too. being able to store it in an armory if i want to use it in another playthrough should be possible(for ex i only want legendaries from the cursed tribe, but i get some for warmonger, then i want to be able to use those warmongers legendaries in a diffrent playthrough because i'm focusing on a cursed armor build in that playthrough).
i miriam shared between saves? it should be right? since normal silver miriam can be used in store and gold miriam is profile wide. pls elaborate on this further if it isn't shared, i would like to know the reasoning behind it if it isn't.
i'm very interested in what the gold/money ratio is. the ppl who bought the insane, rediculously priced mithril edition would very much like to know. i hope you consider these things, because right now the mithril editon is overpriced. but if you price it too high you will undoubtedly come under fire.
tread carefully with these microtransactions!! one misstep and all your hard work can come tumbling down.though i do commend you for not implementing a paywall(you can get everything that's avaible in store via the normal silver boxes).
08-05-2017 05:17 AM
from stream there was no option to send him on missions just train him with drops thats why i ask
Well, you could also see the one orc getting a mission the instant he came into the map
08-05-2017 05:20 AM
@fabiaville All armor are stored in the armor-menu. It does not look like you get that to other saves (but do agree they should). Mirian should not come with you to another save, just like in SoM. You earn mirian by playing the game, so I dont see why it should follow you into another saveslot. But gold should.
08-05-2017 05:24 AM - edited 08-05-2017 05:30 AM
@Draxengardi see no reason why it shouldn't come with you. miriam isn't tied to direct stat upgrades like the last game was. you won't get insanely overpowered by bringing a lot of miriam into another playthrough, you just don't need to farm as much as in your initial playthrough. so sharing miriam would only speed up secondary playthroughs. miriam is already indirectly shared because of the existance of the market system. so why not do it directly?
08-05-2017 05:43 AM - edited 08-05-2017 05:46 AM
I thought that you would be able to buy everything with mirian and that you could buy gold to get it quicker. However, it seems that you can only buy certain things with mirian and that you need to buy gold to get acces to the gold and mythrill options. I wasn't expecting this and I think it would have been much better if you were able to buy everything with mirian and you had the option to buy gold to get it faster.
08-05-2017 05:57 AM
@benelli86 while that would have been nice. that sort of thing is too hard to balance and would discourage ppl to buy gold too much. they would have to make sure the cost of miriam AND gold miriam is balanced to what you get and that it is balanced towards eachother. too much of a hassle and risk for the devs.
08-05-2017 07:38 AM
Let me go ahead and make a post similiar to the one I made in the actual thread...
Nothing in the marketplace is behind a gold paywall, you can use the SILVER currency you get just by playing hte game to get training assignments and orcs. Yes gold lets you get a higher chance of getting legendary orcs but you can still obtain them from using the free currency. NOTHING is forcing you to buy GOLD currency. It can all be obtained the free way. IF you DON'T want to use the Market then simply DON'T.
SImply put if yoiu don't want to put money into the game then DON'T it's your choice, some of us like this option rather than farming for hours.
MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR © 2017 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Monolith. © 2017 New Line Productions, Inc. © The Saul Zaentz Company. MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF WAR, THE HOBBIT, and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises under license to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
MONOLITH LOGO, WBPlay LOGO, WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s17)