Novice

Re: Introducing the Market

I purchased gold edition for $100 and didn't receive the gold war chest that was advertised with that edition. Also I decided to purchase gold to get said war chest, and my cc was charged but I never received the gold. BUYER BEWARE!

Novice

The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]
https://78.media.tumblr.com/d6ff37273ecfcff430ed69f342d0153c/tumblr_njkkmoS8t41tq4of6o1_500.gif
Forthog Forever.
The Bright Lord

"Previous reply to a now deleted comment"
Forthog Forever.

What is going to happen since the market has been compromised? and players are cheating to get addtional mirian, how does this put us legit players on a fair footing with the Online Conquest?

Warchief

The "x3" next to Mithril chests in the market should be clarified, especially while it's possible to spend real money on the necessary gold.

I thought the x3 might mean that, at least for launch week, I could buy 3 Mithril chests for the price of one. That influenced my decision to buy a Mithril War Chest rather than save for an Act 2 Starter Bundle. Instead, the x3 became x2 after purchase, which I can only guess means that a player can only buy so many per week.

Explaining the system on a forum or in an interview can't substitute for clarity in the game itself. Again, real money is potentially involved, so that clarity is a legal requirement and not just an ethical one.
Follower

The market should be changed to allow players who play legitimately to purchase gold and mithiral chest for 3,000 and 6,000 mirian to make it fair for those of us who can't afford to pay to win in the online conquests.

I tried to take on a players fortress the other day who had legendary orc in every slot all of which were almost impossible to kill it was obvious he had purchased multiple mithiral war chest cause everyone of his orcs were legendary.
Follower

This guy had set his fortress up so that every point had atleast 3-4 legendary orc on every point i couldn't even get past the first 2 points cause they killed all my epic orcs i had with me before we could even make it passed the gate house check point!
Novice

i really would like to equip my Orcs  with my itens or any gear i found playing.. adding the option to customize our soldiers would really add to the gameplay ! 

Novice

Bought gold bundles digital, gold edition. What it was promised before the purchase is not there.

Where are my golds? Took money out of my account. No gold, warchest, fix it asap

Warchief

[ Edited ]

Man, I loved this game.

I wanted to love this game. When the news of the micro transaction slot machine market came out it broke my heart.

It broke my heart and so many of us suggested some minor tweaks to keep it from ruining this game experience.

But no surprise, the market ruined my experience this week.

I tried to avoid the market, I really did. 

40 hours into the game I decided to buy some silver war chests with my saved up Mirian so I could get a reassignment order and move my SoM Nemesis from Minas Morgul to a region where I can make him an Overlord.

I purchased 10 chests, spending most of the money I had saved up and got... ZERO reassignment orders.

What a bunch of effin bull crap!

WHY are these items gated behind a slot machine piece of crap loot chest system? Why can't I buy them on their own, or find them in game? 

WHY? Because the folks in charge of the market are morally bankrupt and want their players to get frustrated by this very scenario and try to buy chests to get what they want.

A feature of this game, reassigning orcs to different regions, is now inaccessible due to this garbage loot box slot machine market system.

And yeah, maybe some people got five in a row. But I didn't, and that sucks. What's the point? Why not make these specific orders available to anyone who wants them? Why a slot machine garbage shop?

I don't have enough Mirian or the patience to buy another ten boxes and try this again, nor do I even want to buy ONE more just to see if I get it, because that's the whole scam of this horrible system.

Get players to keep buying chests until they get what they want, and meanwhile, hand them fistfuls of crap orcs and crap loot so they can claim they got 'something' of value from their experience.

Nope. The market sucks. I voiced my fears about this exact scenario over and over during development and no one from Monolith so much as acknowledged it.

Because they don't want to do a thing, they want the players to have a frustrating experience and get the itch to buy garbage gold and buy more garbage chests.

You all did a real great job of making the worst RPG market system I have ever seen in a single player RPG.

Really, great job! Thanks for ignoring us!

Sent with mixed feelings and frustration.

Novice

XP+13%

Community Manager, Monolith Productions

Hey everyone,

We value your discussion and are going to continue to allow topics on this subject in our General and Support forums, as you deem necessary! For now, this thread is going to be locked so that we can continue to make announcements about Shadow of War's live updates, here in the Announcements section.