10-22-2013 08:01 AM - last edited on 09-24-2016 08:22 PM by Aarone88
WB Games Community Guidelines/Code of Conduct
The following are basic rules of conduct that users of community.wbgames.com forums are required to adhere to.
Failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in discipline being taken upon your account, up to and including the termination of your Community account. All moderation of the Community Sites is at the discretion of the Community Team and all decisions are final. All posted rules and conduct guidelines are subject to change without notice; please review them regularly.
1. While participating on the Community Sites, you agree to respect the rights of others to participate in the community. To this end you shall not harass, defraud, threaten or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other members or staff. This includes, but is not limited to:
Be respectful of other users. This means no trolling, personal attacks, profanity, harassment, inappropriate, racist, threatening, obscene material, or other intentionally annoying behavior. This also means being patient with new users as they learn the rules of the road.
Remain respectful of the company. This means nothing defamatory against WB Games, its employees, the moderators, or the volunteers within this forum.
2. You shall not use, distribute, spotlight, or post links to sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, nationally, ethnically offensive content or language, or other content deemed inappropriate at the discretion of the Community Team.
3. Profanity, slurs, and otherwise obscene language is prohibited on our Community Sites. This extends to, but is not limited to, deliberate misspellings, substituted punctuations, or other special characters in, filtered words to circumvent any profanity filters of the Community Site you are posting on. The decorum will change from board to board within the overall WB Games Community; it is your responsibility to understand and adhere to the rules of each board.
4. You shall not impersonate any Rocksteady Studios, WB Games Montreal, Netherrealm Studios, WB Games San Fransisco, Monolith Productions, or Warner Bros employee, past or present. This includes the use or modification of the Rocksteady Studios, WB Games Montreal, Netherrealm, WB Games San Fransisco, Monolith, or Warner Bros logo as a forum avatar.
5. You shall not violate any local, state, national, or international laws, or regulations.
Be respectful of the law. This means no discussion of illegal activities, copyright infringement, etc.
6. You shall not market, promote, advertise or solicit products or services for sale or trade within the Community Sites. You may not post advertisements for websites that are not directly related to the titles of the WB Games Community.
7. No spamming, business solicitation, or other advertising without prior approval. Any type of soliciting will result in your immediate removal from the forum. Please do not advertise other forums or websites, even if they are related to the game, without prior administrator approval. Trying to gain petition support falls under this rule, as well.
8. Empty posts or repeated posting of the same material regardless of subject matter will be regarded as spam and fall under the above category.
9. You may not form or participate in groups whose ideology is based on or resembles anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-sexual orientation, racist, or sexist philosophies.
10. Making short posts for the sole purpose of moving your thread up the Forums ("bumping") or adding to your post count is not allowed. Any attempt to do so will result in your account being reset to the base level and stripped of any falsely achieved rewards or perks. Repeated attempts to falsely earn rewards or standing in the community will result in harsh discipline on your account, up to and including termination of the account.
11. You shall not abuse the Forums Reputation (Kudos) System. This includes posting requests for positive reputation or other means of “farming” reputation, targeting an individual or group for negative reputation, or any other means of artificially influencing your Reputation or another user’s.
12. You shall not upload or transmit copyrighted material without the express consent of the copyright holder. No posting of illegal software, or links to malicious programs (Trojans, viruses, etc).
13. You shall not post the personally identifiable information of another user, including but not limited to their real name, address, phone number, email address, or links to personal websites without the express consent of that user.
14. You shall not re-post Private Messages on the Community Sites without the express consent of the sender.
15. Discussion of religious or political topics is prohibited on the wider Community Sites. Proliferation, moderation, and allowance of all conversations is subject to the community moderators and admins of the site.
16. Do not re-post or quote any materials which violate the Community Guidelines. This includes re-posting a thread or topic which has been previously closed or removed by the Community Team.
17. Keep discussions on topic. We understand that sometimes discussions naturally range far from where they originally began. But something like "I like pizza" in the middle of a discussion on how to beat down your opponent would not be appropriate. Likewise, creating a "I had pizza for dinner" thread anywhere outside of the Off Topic discussion forum will be deemed inappropriate, as well.
18. Please do not respond in kind to posts that violate the Community Guidelines, as this may result in disciplinary action against your own account. Report the post to the moderation team for review by using the appropriate link:
On the forums, use the Report Bad Post function by clicking on the red and white triangle icon on the post. Abuse of the Reporting System is prohibited.
19. Users are entitled to one primary Community account for posting on the Community Sites. Users who are found posting from more than one account may be asked to declare a primary account and posting privileges will be removed from all other accounts. Secondary accounts created for the purpose of trolling or otherwise violating these Community Guidelines may result in the permanent ban of any and all associated Community and Game accounts, at the WB Games Community Team's discretion.
Only one account per person is allowed. Alternate or evade accounts will be immediately removed, and action against the main account will also be considered. Impersonation of any forum member or WB employee will result in immediate termination of account privileges.
20. We do not and will not publicly discuss moderation decisions, or disciplinary actions taken against members, on the Community Sites and we ask that you do not either. Any threads or posts that mention infractions, bans, or thread/post deletions or modifications, etc. are subject to removal and may result in further disciplinary action.
All posts become the property of WB Games. We can remove anything at any time, at our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to make exceptions to any rule at any time, if we deem it to be of benefit to the forums.
21. Users must not violate, or promote the violation of WB Games’ terms of service, codes of conduct or end user license agreements.
22. Posting the same thread to multiple forums ("cross-posting") without express permission of the WB Games Community Team is not allowed.
23. You may not post, repost, or link to any information covered under a Non-disclosure agreement, including but not limited to spoilers, screen shots, and videos.
24. You may not deliberately misrepresent yourself as another player in your posts, linked images, or signature.
The Community Team reserves the right to assign temporary and permanent bans at will based upon the severity of an infraction.
Automatic bans based on the number of infractions take all infractions into account, regardless of their Active or Expired status.
The Warner Bros Community Team strives to foster the community by bringing you up to date information and administering the Community Sites with fair, impartial moderation.
WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD, and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s14)
BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT software © 2014 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Developed by Rocksteady Studios. BATMAN and all characters, their distinctive likenesses, and related elements are trademarks of DC Comics © 2014. All Rights Reserved. (s14) "PS4" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and the PlayStation Network logo is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Kinect, Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.