The Bright Lord

What to Do with these Gems???

Ok... I'm sure I'm not the only one, by now, that has an outstanding amount of excess Gems.

Maybe something could be done with that?
Maybe trade them in for something...?

Or maybe even add another level after the "Perfect Warrior Gem"?
You know... like the "Ultimate Warrior Gem"?
No...? Nobody watched wresting in those days? Ultimate Warrior? Lol

Re: What to Do with these Gems???

Allow us to sell them for Mirian?

Or a "rare" daily challenge where we sacrifice a set number of high end gems for a ~small amount of gold, or training orders or whatever. A gem "sink."

Nemesis

I hear you Brother!! - Hulk Hogan
The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

There definitely needs to be a gem sink.

I have
240 red
310 green
337 white

And then some rare ones as well + a max gem of every colour 7 times.

Then again, I also have 460k Myrian and I don't bother destroying gear anymore (aside from epics to keep it sort of organised). 

Topics: 31
Kudos: 1,021

Yeah I agree, we should be able to sell it for Mirian or something like that to get rid of the
This is just my opinion and I'm just trying to help. I cannot offer tech support and am in no affiliated with Monolith.
Captain

I was going to post a thread about this but I found one already discussed!
As mentionef Gems and Mirian are so easy to come buy that by the 2nd act I was already bored of seeing them dropped. You quickly run out of anything useful to buy or upgrade in the game world.
The only place they have any relevance becomes the market (which the majority of fans agree is a terrible addition and doesn't belong in the game)

It would be amazing if the devs put in some more uses.

•Real or cosmetic upgrades to weapons/orcs/fortresses?
•Mirian fighting pit betting?
•Paying for expensive training orders/reassignment orders?

Literally anything so that you'd fight to get these pickups rather than be surrounded by irrelevant floating orbs.

Tl:dr
Devs, I got stacks of mirian and gems, gimme something in game to make them relevant again. PLEASE

-The ability to use them on captains to remove a weakness.... 

Perfect Warrior Gem = No more being afraid of lil spiders...

??

The Bright Lord

Maybe we could use them as an in game wager once the fit pights are stabilised a bit. Purely for bragging rights. A numerical representation of "winnings". And have that as a leaderboard.

And surely undertaker is a bit more relevant for this game 😄
Forthog Forever.

The idea with the Gem system was fantastic but yeah, after a while you have them maxed out and you dont know what to do with them.

Being able sell them or use them for leveling etc would be cool.

Novice

3 different top gems for 1 level of 1 captain for example

Novice

Just give a convert to Mirrian option for max level gems.

The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

First of all I'm not goingg to break little gems into better gems into better gems etc. just for Myrian / Captain levels.
Secondly, max level gems (iirc it takes 3^5 = 243 normal gems) for one orc level (or levels per se) is way too steep a price.

That being said, gems are useless now that I have a literal ton of them. But I have no strong incentive to gather Myrian either. My garrisson is full all the time and destroying Orcs is tedious/boring/ definitely not fun. A fortori for destroying gear. Not to mention sorting it all out is a logistical nightmare.

For reference: I have 470k Myrian now, a full garrisson, bought 140 war chest (that are unopened), have about 600 gear to destroy, and a ton of gems.
I have: 483 normal red gems, 545 green ones and 591 white ones. I have 30+ of the second tier, 25-30 of the third tier and 7 of all the last tiers.

I also have a bunch of community challenge chests and 12 spoils of war chest. Then I have a whole bunch reward chest (like level 60 vendetta chest etc.)

p.s. think about how I don't have all the legendary items yet, although I have not destroyed many legendary garrissoned followers (29), who to be clear are mostly useless because of weaknesses.

Novice

Maybe sacrifice 1 perfect gem of each color to get a legendary ork or legendary item. 

The Bright Lord

There is a word that, at this moment, escapes me. Its the one that describes that thing in some games that causes your weapons to degrade. We were all stoked that this system is not in the game. But what if that system was applied simply to the gems. Have the gems break after a while, after which they need replacing. There are loads of gems to find during play so it wouldnt be a tedious job, just something to do with all the excess gems we have.
Or the ability to apply them to our army and/or fortress somehow. As an expendable resource. "For this encounter i will boost my army with 5 green gems".
Or, "for this pitfight, i will boost my follower with a red gem".
Etc, etc.
Forthog Forever.
The Bright Lord

it would be great to be able to destroy them for mirian or gold, just like with gear

Nan iChir Gelair Mordor
Highlighted
Captain

Destroying them for Mirian would be ideal but only seems worth it if they give us more interesting things to spend it on.

I really like the shattering gems idea! It's not like if we lost one the game would even be that much harder but having to replace them would give the system a needed boost.