Elder Moderator

Welcome to the Shadow of War Community!

[ Edited ]

Hello and welcome to the official Middle-Earth Shadow of War forum!

You'll find tons of information on the forums related to Shadow of War as we move closer and closer to release. As you'll spend more time here, you'll discover there's much more to unearth about the game here.

We’re always excited to see new faces on the forums - introduce yourself! We invite you to tell us a little about yourself and share with us what you're most excited for in Shadow of War

For our veteran users, help welcome everyone by giving new posters Kudos!

For More Information on our forums please see our New User Guide and our Code of Conduct

If you have any questions related to forum activity (change your track, where to find something, etc.), feel free to send myself or one of the mods below a private message (PM):
@Aarone88
@Punisher
@Superham

@Stranger

@VenomHD
@Shankdaddy
@Solaris

@AnAngryGinger
@Raijinn (WB Community Administrator)

Keep in mind that the moderators are not employees of WB, and do not represent the opinions of the company in any official capacity.

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy your time spent here!

Survivor of the House of El

Re: Welcome to the Shadow of War Community!

Aarone88 wrote:

Hello and welcome to the official Middle-Earth Shadow of War forum!

You'll find tons of information on the forums related to Shadow of War as we move closer and closer to release. As you'll spend more time here, you'll discover there's much more to unearth about the game here.

We’re always excited to see new faces on the forums - introduce yourself! We invite you to tell us a little about yourself and share with us what you're most excited for in Shadow of War

For our veteran users, help welcome everyone by giving new posters Kudos!

For More Information on our forums please see our New User Guide and our Code of Conduct

If you have any questions related to forum activity (change your track, where to find something, etc.), feel free to send myself or one of the mods below a private message (PM):
@Aarone88
@Punisher
@Superham

@Stranger

@VenomHD
@Shankdaddy
@Solaris

@AnAngryGinger
@Raijinn (WB Community Administrator)

Keep in mind that the moderators are not employees of WB, and do not represent the opinions of the company in any official capacity.

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy your time spent here!

Just realised these forums are up. Very exited for this game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ed Boon is our lord and savior.

Hello

I'm a new forum user. But I have played Shadow of Mordor for years. It began with simply watching a YouTube video and borrowing the game from someone else.

I'm 20 years old (well almost, 7th of May) and I'm really into Lotr and medieval stuff. I play SoM and in the future SoW on the PS4, so if you want to meet up you can always add me on my PSN -->  Akamura_521st_CC

I hope I will meet some new people who enjoy the games as much as I do. Smiley Very Happy

Community Moderator

Welcome to the community, I'm sure you'll fine no shortage of people who love these games.

All right you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my BOOMSTICK!
Olog-hai

Yah, I would be super happy if we could get this community growing!
Warchief

Great to have another LOTR fan join the forums! There of course should be plenty of PS4 users that come in here time to time as the game nears launch. If you have any questions regarding anything forum related, feel free to shoot me (or any other mod) a note.

Cheers!
"You have a brain and the Internet. Wondrous things can happen if you use both."

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome!

And I will surely do. Smiley Very Happy

Uruk

Hey all,
Im fairly new to this forum too, I've been active since the official anouncement of SoW. I'm a 21yo student and my girlfriend of 3 years has really infected me with a Lotr and Middle earth addiction. I have been playing SoM since 2014 and still do, so I can't wait till the end of august this year. Untill then I will have to do with his books and the movies.
I do have one question for the admins. What is the purpose of this forum, does any of you work on the game and possibly know more or are you guys just fans like me?
Cheers and I guess well discuss some more.
The Bright Lord

Hello All,

Im new to this forum because its a new forum.....but i am a LONG time follower of Shadow Of Mordor.....the minute i heard about this game i knew i would be in love my only wish is that Monolith continues to make Middle Earth games till the end of time because they get and brutal and smooth combat should be....they make you feel like a bad ass in the ME world and i love it....god bless you and keep up the good work

Community Moderator

[ Edited ]

Pretty much all of us with the title of moderator are volunteers who are just fans of the various WB games that make up the forum and we  give our time up to keep the forums running smooth and help other members, so if anyone does have any questions or needs some help we are are always happy to give it.

There are some others that work either for WB or the various game developers that make up WB games who you may see about and they have slightly different titles under their names but most of us are just like you guys and usually we know no more then you do about the games and are as excited about any new announcements.

As for the purpose well manly it's to give people a safe and friendly environment to discuss any WB game in this case Shadow of War and to have a place to leave feedback on those games, it's also one of the best places to find out all the latest news about those games.

Elder Moderator

Like stranger said, moderators are just fans like you.

However, any admins are usually at WB or the studio and they hang around these forums.
Olog-hai

Hey guys, I jumped on this sub about ten seconds after the trailer lol. But yah, I love the LOTR lore and I loved the first game Smiley Happy I literally have searched for every single tiny piece of information in the trailer and about this game lol. I was the one who posted about the different timelines in the trailer and I just love stuff like that!

Novice

i'm 14, and have been playing the game since around it came out, since the announcement of sow, i replayed the series so i could get a re cap of what has been going on

Grunt

G'day from Stradbroke Island. A small island off the coast of Australia. Between Australia and New Zealand Smiley Very Happy

I have been a fan of everything middle-earth since I was knee high to a wallaby.  I started modelling for mods with the Battle for Middle Earth 2 game and am good mates with some of the Weta crew over in Wellington, New Zealand. 

I just saw the video for this game about an hour ago and have been spreading the word ever since. Looks AMAZING. I have no doubts this game will be EPIC. If you ever need testers/moderators/modellers give me a yell, Smiley Happy 

Hey everyone, I work at a popular game store and you know when we got that marketing for for Shadow of War I HAD to get that Mithril edition. the $300 price hurts but as long as that statue turns out as cool as I think it will I will be happy. Big time nerd and 100% xbox but support gaming no matter the platform. I was not sure about SOM and did not buy it right away, but after hearing good things I gave it a chance and wow was I in for a treat. I literally just beat the game for the first time today because I got caught up with the nemesis system for so long, it was such a cool thing and really a game in it's own. In my opinion they have earned my money for that Mithril edition. Anyways I look forward to chatting with you all and hyping up for SOW. Long live Az-Laar

Grunt

Awesome and welcome Smiley Very Happy I also had to go the mithril edition. I am happy to pay more for quality and Monolith have gone above and beyond my expectations. I will be playing shadows of Mordor to keep me going until August Smiley Wink
Dark Emperor

HELLO EVERYONE!
Good to be here
Look What You Have Done...
Community Moderator

[ Edited ]

Welcome to all the new users, welcome aboard.

If anyone hasn't come across me yet I'd thought I'd introduce myself a bit more formally, my name is Stranger and I am one of the community moderators for the various WB gams forums that you will probably see around and about (you may have seen a few of us already), I started out just as a regular guy back on the Arkham Origins forum back in 2013 and have been skulking around various ofter boards ever since, I got offered the chance last year to help out a bit and become a mod but I'm still very much just a fan. If anyone needs any help with the forums, has any questions (about the forum not about the game itself, I don't know anything that you don't) or wants any thing added or changed on one of their posts please go ahead and ask, we are all here to help you guys and of course discuss the game ourselves because we are all really excited about it.

I'm looking forward to talking about the game over the next few months and beyond with you all.

Warchief

Probably shoulda done this when i joined a few days ago, but oh well Smiley Tongue 

Im Bootyhunter, Im 21 years old and I've been in love with LOTR and the world of Tolkien since I saw Fellowship as a kid. I used to watch Two Towers EVERYDAY when i got home from school for about 3-4 months in 4th or 5th grade. Unfortunately, I've never read more than the Hobbit so my knowledge of the world beyond the bigscreen is way too limited, but im hoping to one day read the books once my life calms way down. I loved the crap out of Shadow of Mordor, and worked hard to get that 100% rating on my first playthrough. I'm not even the kind of gamer who cares about 100%ing things.

I'm probably gonna disappear off these forums once Shadow of War releases, but until then i hope to have a great time with everyone! Hopefully i'll remember to return here once or twice a week after release XD

Oh, and I have a crappy little youtube channel i post videos on once every few months, when i feel like it. I keep saying that i'm probably going post a let's play of Shadow of War, but in reality i'll probably post like 3 videos and then forget about it Smiley Tongue

Warchief

Hey, glad to have you among us on the forums.

I like a lot of people, would at times watch LOTR so much as if it was the only movies around. They were incredibly done and are still amazing to watch to this day. The books are a pretty hard read I do admit, even after the couple years it took me to read them all, I am glad I did finally finish them. The writing is a way different style since the books are on the older side; but still great non the less.

Even if you aren't here all the time, we'll be happy to see you here and there when you can make the time!

- Price
"You have a brain and the Internet. Wondrous things can happen if you use both."