Novice

This game is actually stupid.

[ Edited ]

Im actually really pissed off at this game and itsstupid level system along with the stupid Overlord battles. I cant even get close to the guy without his 5 Ologs attacking me and knocking me away and whenever i make actual damage he just runs away and lets the Ologs deal with me as he heals himself. Then he adapts to everything i do so i have to die just to have a fresh fight and then he gains another level up even though he is already 10 levels higher than me. The small mission dont give enough XP and i dont want to go from fortress to fortress doing only main missions because i want to conquer each fortress before moving to the next. The level system is broken and the fact that the Overlords mobs NEVER STOP SPAWNING making it impossible for me to just fight him without having to deal with 3 Archers 6 Savages 5 Ologs THE **bleep**ING POSION SPEWING FLOOR and the Overlord himself! The only reason im playing this game is because i loved the first game but these fight that arent even fair are making me want to find a way to refund my xbox purchase.

The Bright Lord

Re: This game is actually stupid.

Use elven rage though?

Personally, I find Overlords fights to be incredibly easy. Run away and kill mobs for might / wraith powers and unload the overlord when you can.
Novice

You can also use Shadow pull up on the ledges in the main room and create a 1 vs 1.
The Bright Lord

Cryonomad wrote:
You can also use Shadow pull up on the ledges in the main room and create a 1 vs 1.

If they are not immune to arrows or an Olog. If they not immune to arrows, you might as well just shoot them in the face though.

Hunted Vigilante

@Cryonomad huh. I didn't know that. now i have a reason to use shadow pull
Follower

You can also turn down the difficulty if you haven't already.
Novice

I used Elvens Rage and that was the closest I got to killing him but then he got Death Defying and lived then healed himself. I wrote out this whole thing before and i said i used elven rage but that didnt save so i had to write the whole thing again and i was tired and pissed because it was 12 AM so i missed acouple of key points.

Novice

completely forgot about Shadow Pull I have the skill to i just never use it XD that will help me out alot unless he adapts to everything again
The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

fighting overlords you most dodge and escape and keep distance a lot more tan attacking

dominate the archers, dodge the ologs, try to keep all enemies in your field of view and not get sorrounded

take time to heal, dominating or using gems to heal

dominate ologs when might is full

dominate caragord

call in reinforcements, like bodyguards or follower or graug

use executions against the overlord

If he has a gang of ologs, I like to summon a Graug and pound them. usually I can get the Overlord down. Or bring in my bodyguard to keep the minions busy.

Highlighted
The Bright Lord

Tanks get death defying if you kill them with excecutions or sword attacks. If you can, poison him, set him on fire, shoot him in the face, stealth kill him or whatever when he gets he low. Then he won't have death defying, and again, you can rebuild your might by simply killing grunts.
Any fight would be a lot harder if a captain was alone.