Grunt

The Bright King

What would happen if Talion and Celebrimbor defeated Sauron and became the Bright King of Mordor? In my opinion, there are a few possibilities.

1. Immediate extermination of the dark races. This one would probably be the best for Middle Earth as a whole, but seems a little bit unlikely. At this point, considering the gusto with which Celebrimbor had monuments built to him in The Bright Lord DLC, it's doubtful that he would willingly throw away his servants. Talion might vote in favor of this plan, seeing as how he was totally repulsed by the idea of using orcs to fight for their cause. It is possible that the dark races could endear themselves to the Bright Lord duo at some point during SoW, what with the new loyalty system and all. This approach makes a lot of sense, though. Even while being controlled by Talion and Celebrimbor, the orcs are bloodthirsty and generally malevolent, so a king who really cared about the future of Middle Earth would foster infighting until all the hellish creatures were either dead or controlled, then dispatch them remotely with his wraith powers.
  2. Long term rule over Sauron's lands. This is another unlikely one, considering that at least one half of the Bright Lord partnership will probably want to go on and die once Sauron rolls over. Talion will eventually become wistful for his family and wish to venture into the unknown afterlife of Men, and Celebrimbor demonstrated some wish for release at the end of SoM. Still though, Celebrimbor firmly believes that the Ring could help them become "a powerful king," which would be a strange goal if they didn't plan to sit on a throne.
  3. Call it quits. A third improbable solution: maybe our protagonists will just abandon the world once Sauron is gone, opening a slot for a new Dark Lord. This is probably the worst idea ever.
  4. Give the Ring to a trusted friend. This is the one I like the best. Possibly by entrusting this power to someoneof pure heart, Talion and Celebrimbor would be able to leave the world in good hands and still find everlasting peace. If the Ring was constructed as skillfully as Celebrimbor believes (long shot, I know), then it won't turn the wearer into the personification of evil by boosting their darkest motives and avarice for power. I would love to see the some Gondorian soldier or honorable Elf become King of Mordor, but then again, it would be even better to see one of Talion and Celebrimbor's orc lieutenants do it. I wouldn't vote for an orc to get the ring if we were actually playing politics, but I'm begging for Desolation of Mordor to focus on an Uruk/Olog protagonist - who, in this case, would be wielding the New Ring.

What do you guys think?

Grunt

Re: The Bright King

Original post didn't go through so I won't bother making another big post. Basically the gist of what I was going to say is that I'd love to see something like this as either one of several endings (all but one being non-canon of course), or as a paid DLC that continues the storyline and ends with Sauron and his forces defeated for good (obviously non-canon DLC). 

Hunted Vigilante

DemonsBlade wrote:

Original post didn't go through so I won't bother making another big post. Basically the gist of what I was going to say is that I'd love to see something like this as either one of several endings (all but one being non-canon of course), or as a paid DLC that continues the storyline and ends with Sauron and his forces defeated for good (obviously non-canon DLC). 

so basically like tyranny of king washington DLC in ac3?

might be a neat idea though why stay as the king of mordor when you could become the emperor of middle earth? Its all possible in non-canon would be DLC.

though if Sauron as a Maiar couldnt do that or especially when morgoth/melkor couldnt do that as a Valar/ainur i doubt one wraith could do that.

Voe tokkiisa. Suomi on nyt mainittu.
Warchief

i would like to actually see a dlc alternative ending to see what it would be like for talion and celebrimbor to rule as bright lord and sauron defeated. id like to see how the developers envision that universe.
Grunt

I absolutely love the idea of multiple endings. I remember one of the devs saying something along the lines of "everyone will play through the same story" early on, which I thought was super weird given that the game was all about individuality. In fact, later they say basically the exact opposite when they talked about nemesis enemies being in story missions. I also like the thing about DLCs with alternate futures.
Grunt

That would be really cool!
Nemesis

Now that would be one hell of a cool alternative ending, I wonder if he would continue what Sauron started (ring corrupts him)  or would he just be like nah just gonna chill in Mordor for the foreseeable future and do nothing. Smiley Wink

Shadow of War Community Moderator

It's an interesting idea, however, this game takes place between The Hobbit and the Fellowship if I am not mistaken.

Warchief

you are correct dorkle, however we just like to talk about alternative endings. what would the future be like if it all went down differently xD
Grunt

The game does take place in the 60 years between the two, and while Talion and Celebrimbor obviously aren't going to end the game by defeating Sauron and ruling Mordor, it's always fun to imagine!
The Bright Lord

I like the idea of Celebrimbor and Talion becoming a new evil. As Celebrimbor said to Talion, he learned to make the Rings to heal the land ravaged by war, but was deceived (Sauron cams as 'the Lord of Gifts'). They aren't really good guys, more anti-hero than anything and if they won against Sauron, would they give up the ring or be seduced and become what they sought to destroy.

I think there is redemption for the orcs, because the devs stated they wanted the uruks to be tragic evil, what happens when men are ruled by fear and pain (citing WWI troops as example) but are still sapient creatures
Highlighted
Captain

Actually being Talion I can tell you what I am going to do I am going to go home sit down and have a pizza.