Highlighted
Topics: 9
Kudos: 142

Request for Skin Customization Options [Collection Thread] (SPOILERS!) (Repost due to bug)

[ Edited ]

SPOILERS AHEAD unless you've already reached Act IV (Shadow Wars)

So greetings to everyone here, greetings to the folks from Monolith @MonolithMark  @Monolith_Andy  @MonolithJared

There have been quite a few threads about adding options to customize the look of the Player Character here and across other forums (eg. Steamcommunity etc.) and my approach here is to collect them all in one big thread to prevent that kind of scattering across the Forums and to combine our all power here instead of creating many small threads which tend to dissolve in the mass of new posts here.

I'll just list all the suggestions I've gathered so far and feel free to tell me if I've missed something or if you have a new idea.

So here are the Skin-Selection Options wished so far:

1. Talion's appearance (Head, Hands, basically the Skin of himself)
    Regular Talion (His facial Design until Act IV)
    Nazgul Talion (His facial Design during and after Act IV aka Ring-wraith look)
    ??? (any further suggestions here?)

2. Wraith appearance (self-explaining, should also affect effects on Sword's and Mounts)
    New Ring Talion Wraith (from the very beginning of the Game until freeing Celebrimbor)
    Celebrimbor (including an option to switch to his Wraith-dialogue)
    Nazgul Talion Wraith (Wraith Design during and after Act IV, including a selection between Headpiece on and off)
    Young Celebrimbor (from the Shadow of the Past Missions)
    Custom: Let the Player choose an armor-design and glow color for Wraith-Talion (eg. blue or green wraith and a selectable armor design from a list with every design currently in game, like Ranger's Armor, Legendary Gear Armor designs etc.) or an existing Wraith model (like Wraith-Celebrimbor) and it's glow color.

3. Ring appearance (I think the new Ring looks better than Isildur's Ring Smiley Very Happy )

The New Ring

Isildurs Ring

4. Fullbody Skins (replacing the complete appearance of Talion, including selected armor-gear, excluding Wraith appearance, affecting orc-dialogue to match skin)
    Shadow of War Talion (Ranger's Armor and Cloak from the main Story since you can't obtain it anymore after starting Act IV as every Ranger's Armor is black and grey)
    Celebrimbor (from Shadow of the Past missions)

Cursed Celebrimbor (Wraith form as a "regular" non-Wraith version, basically Celebrimbor with his aged and injured face/head)
    Shadow of Mordor Talion (would be quite nice to have)
    Dark Ranger Talion (a skin from Shadow of Mordor, maybe with his face updated to the new look)
    Eltariel (coming with the "Blade of Galadriel" DLC)

Eltariel without hood and loincloth (read that very frequently)
    Baranor (coming with "Desolation of Mordor" DLC, if he can use custom Armors in the DLC we'd like them as well for the skin option)

Idril (also coming with DLC?)

Nazgul (option for Witch-King helmet?)

Sauron Armor and Helmet (resized to fit Talion)

Annatar/Sauron Fair Form

Torvin? (if it'll work due to the size difference and the need of completely new animations)

The Black Captains (Hammer, Tower, Black Hand) from Shadow of Mordor

Custom/Mix and match (allowing player to choose any kind of armor and weapon look currently in-game and between different Talion-Variants, adjustable custom armor-colors with a profile option, unlocked after beating Shadow Wars)

Legendary Armor Skin Selection:
Some people were wishing some kind of option to choose the look of the legendary armor from a list with each armor's specific Tiers of appearance eg. if you have a Level 60 Legendary Armor you could choose between it's looks on Level 60, 40, 20, etc. This would allow you to "get rid" of something like the gold on the Machine or Warmonger Armor if you don't like it by choosing it lower tier look or if you prefer the Level 40 look of the Armor you could just choose it without loosing the great stats of your armor gear. (might get obsolete if you add the custom option from point 4.)

Mount customization Options:

1. An option or toggle switch to summon either a saddled or not-saddled Caragor (affecting Dire Caragors as well).

2. Carnan variants of summoned Mounts

3. Drake Nazgul-Fellbeast Skin

General Gear Ideas:

1. Adding an Option to hide the cape

2. Adding a worn-out Uruk-inspired Armor

???

What about also adding a small chance to summon an elemental Graug instead of a normal one?

Some folks here also would like to see helmets as a new type of gear. These should give you some kind of Wrath/XP/Might/Focus boost, since they should affect the psycological abilities instead of the physical ones.

Adding some dialogue to Wraith Talion instead of having him gruntig all the time while dominating should also be considered as something important since the game is way too silent in terms of vocals after starting Act IV.

That's everything so far. Feel free to give me some feedback or if you want your Idea (obviously it'll have to make sense) on this list you'll just have to mention it in you comment but beware I may not be able to check here every day to add new Ideas so it might take some days until your Idea is in the list.

I'll be happy if you guys from Monolith give us some kind of positive reaction on this.

Greetings to everyone who supports this Idea and took his time to read this.

Betreff: Request for Skin Customization Options [Collection Thread] (SPOILERS!) (Repost due to bug)

Just added the suggestion of an Eltariel Skin without hood and loincloth included with the Eltariel-DLC. I'm really hoping that we'll get that kind of feature since it gives us a lot more ways to customize the visual part of our experience (and the ability to make epic screenshots with different player-appearances after Act 3. Ringwraith-Talion is not always fitting xD )
The Bright Lord

Betreff: Request for Skin Customization Options [Collection Thread] (SPOILERS!) (Repost due to bug)

[ Edited ]

Very good suggestions indeed, thank you

Yes, in base game we have normal Talion and Nazgul Talion

I'd love to have Eltariel with different armors

and of course Celebrimbor, normal,  not spectre

and Baranor with different armors for him

maybe Idril with default armor

I hope they really add some of this requests, because if would increase replayability and life a lot and will bring more variety, Talion is alright, but  playing as other characters would be really cool

I'll add your suggestion later due to the forum not letting me edit it properly on a mobile device Smiley Happy
Novice

Re: Request for Skin Customization Options [Collection Thread] (SPOILERS!) (Repost due to bug)

I would like the option to select skins for the mounts as well.

The choice to summon a saddled or bareback caragor.

Same with dire caragor since urks with epic mount are the only ones who get saddled dire caragors.

Re: Request for Skin Customization Options [Collection Thread] (SPOILERS!) (Repost due to bug)

Added it to the list. That's a pretty nice idea.

Maybe an option for customize our Orcs and Ologs. (Their apparences)

@Shark947 I feel as though that would defeat the purpose of their uniqueness and would defeat the entire purpose of that part in the nemesis system. I'd rather a game where enemies' appearances' are determined on RNG than have it turn into XCOM.
Captain

Just in case i have this in spoiler

Spoiler

Fullbody Skins 

- regular Nazgul skin (also WitchKing helmet)

- resised Sauron armor + helmet for Talion

- Annatar (Sauron body skin

Carnen version of Summoned Drake , Graug and Caragor

Elemental Graug summon

I can't believe that I've missed these Ideas xD
I'll add them later when I'm able to use something not-mobile (why can't I edit something on the mobile version of the forums? Am I missing something)
Follower

Torvin It would also be a good Skin. Looks like we're going to have missions with him on the DLC.

Just updated the main post with most of the things mentioned here.
Novice

maybe the look of the black hand or hammer? i mean it would help when we try to make other stories with the weapons and armor we get, like them being used by previous rangers or gondorians

The Bright Lord

I'd like a normal long sword for Eltariel, an elven sword.

Added the Black Captains to our little post-Christmas Update-wishlist xD
Community Manager, Monolith Productions

This is an awesome thread! Thanks for collecting all that feedback, it helps a ton.

Thanks for helping to pass it all along!
Apex Vigilante

[ Edited ]

If you decide to add voice lines to Dark Talion, also add an option to turn at least Branding lines off. I've become too used to the grunts, and I think they are one of the more creepy things about him. Maybe a "Skip Branding Dialog" toggle on the options menu?

I'm okay with the idea of some extra lines, such as when hunting captains. I miss the brief comments when you examine stuff on the ground.

If we ever get a Nazgul skin, any chance it would be for both normal and wraith forms? Or that the skin deepens Talion's voice? As much as I like Troy's acting, I do think that his voice would feel off coming from a Nazgul.

A pretty good list, I think that's all I've seen thus far.

EDIT: A fellbeast (those things the Nazgul ride on the movies) skin for Drakes.

[ Edited ]

I love all these suggestions, epsicially to play as a nazgul. 
Before i start writing some suggestions, this might not be possible but I would like to suggest three new locations aswell.
Old Nûrn from SoM (They're marked on the map)
Ûdun/The black gate from SoM (If you read the lore on the world map it says that Durthang were Talion rescued Ratbag is now in the controll of the Nazgûl, maybe Talion can have a quest added to the Shadow Wars were he takes that and there is a siege. OR it could be Eltariels quest to do so) 

The mines of Moria, Celembrimbor is very aware of this place, he made the Ithilidin to the door and was close friend with Narvi, a dwarwen smith, perhaps a mission were you uncover the thruth behind the fall of Moria? It's not like Monolith hasn't butchered the lore anyway.

But I would like if they would either change the sword of dominion, (looks like a Rohirrim sword with some stuff on it, or have Dagger of Dominion to match at least)

or make a new Legendary gear, with elven gear set perhaps? Or maybe that you can get elven gear pieces as epic or rare would also be nice. Also the ability to change color of some of the gears which is epic or rare. 

The Bright Lord

LordWayne those are great ideas for locations, but this thread is not about locations

[ Edited ]

Added the Nazgul-Fellbeast to the Mount-Skins.

@LordWayne96These are some pretty nice ideas but as DerrameN already said, this thread is intended to focus on Skin-Options. Maybe the location thing should get it's own thread Smiley Happy (OT: I'd really like to have Udûn and Núrn from Shadow of Mordor in SoW, maybe as a free DLC since these regions don't really need graphical improvements as they've already looked very nice in SoM, especially with the Ultra Textures)

@Monolith_AndyLet's hope that we'll see that kind of skin-customization options in-game quite soon Smiley Very Happy