Rebellion Feature Pointless/Needs Rework?

Hello fellow Tarks,

I was thinking about this a lot recently, and more so the other day when I finally encountered the rebellion part of the DLC on the 21st. I was roaming around Cirith Ungol with my loyal bodyguard Horza the Wrestler, looking for assassins for the community challenge and killing anything that wasn't, when one of the captains that I just dominated Rebelled, and once he was dead, another I had just dominated Rebelled immediately after. It was kind of awkward, I just immediately killed and moved on. Anybody have other experiences with Rebellion? This is literally the only time I've encountered this, and only after roaming around the world for an hour or two which I normally don't do (instead of roaming I'll do conquests or nemesis missions, for example). Based on this experience, this "addition" feels kind of useless and needs a creative overhaul.

Warchief

Re: Rebellion Feature Pointless/Needs Rework?

The whole game needs a creatiive Overhaul really. The betrayal mechanic lost it's luster on me since all they do is attempt to ambush me...Would be nice if something more dramatic happen...Like maybe they become a loyal bodyguard to a enemy warcheif, and in exchange all of our followers get put into a ambush mission and face several enemy captains with the risk of capture should our follower fail the mission.
The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

6 captains betrayed me in rebellion, the they have iron will, i shame some of them t level 1 and still have iron will

others did, other is back in the army at very low level

rebellion is ok if they don't have iron will

but we already have betrayal, so rebellion is more betrayal and with more losses

this neds some more context and depth

Nan iChir Gelair Mordor

Totally agree - Rebellion just seems like Betrayal on a much larger scale. Which is just absurd lol. I love those ideas for an expanded Nemesis system - hopefully they have plans to develop it in this game. One can only hope.

@pizzafacehave any good experiences with Rebellion? i'm hoping i'm missing something, i was hoping for some kind of event where orcs would betray you and you could fight them with your own orcs.

Highlighted
Grunt

I thought the only point of Rebellion was to give a name to mass betrayals? I didn't think they were intending to make it work differently.