The Bright Lord

Patch 6 did not fix empty army slots/ no new captains

[ Edited ]

The latest patch, dec 5, did not fix the bug of empty army slots and no new captains are appearing

Smiley Sad

pc

Nan iChir Gelair Mordor
Community Admin

Re: Patch 6 did not fix empty army slots/ no new captains

It's on deck, @DerrameN! We have another patch coming relatively soon.

The Bright Lord

And that patch will fix this?
Novice

Same here.  I'm debating using return to garrison orders on my best orcs and starting a new game to reset all areas and hope they fixed captains becoming bugged in the first place.  This is first I've heard they are definitely going to fix this bug specifically .  Depending on how soon "relatively" means ,maybe I'll farm spoils of war and try to be patient... Especially if the bug were to return in my in "fresh" game, I might really lose it if it did.

Community Admin

@pizzaface - I can't say 100% because sometimes a fix does not address all instances of a bug. However, dead Captains not leaving the heirarchy and no new Captains appearing *is* a bug with a known fix on deck. And looking at the known bugs list, that would appear to be the only one like it. So I'm cautiously optimistic that this issue may be drawing to a close.

Thanks for your patience on this!

The Bright Lord

Oh, that is good to know

thanks @MonolithMark

Nan iChir Gelair Mordor
Novice

Oh thank you for fixing this. I have 3 enemy and 1 allied ork that was beheaded that will not be replaced on 1 map alone.
Community Admin

@DerrameN No worries! Hopefully that'll get you guys sorted out. Sorry again for the inconvenience - we're still working hard to make things right and we'll keep at it.

Thanks for playing the game!

The Bright Lord

@MonolithMark
Thanks for the replies.

The Bright Lord

@MonolithMark

Good to know. Thanks for keeping us in the loop man.
Forthog Forever.

In my game it is partly fixed. In every area i travelled i encountert an ork who betrayed dead and used one of the dead slots. But about 2-3 dead slots in the army menu left.
Novice

Looking forward to seeing this fixed. Only have the issue in Nurnen but there are currently 7 slots with dead uruks that are taking up space.

@MonolithMarkthe communication is much appreciated - hopefully it continues! Looking forward to these fixes.

Captain

Well, guess I'll go a few more weeks without playing this game. Maybe someday they'll get out of beta. Wonder how many people's already got rid or given up on this and moved on. Not sure how long they expect people to be patient.
Grunt

The game's only been out a couple months.
Captain

Yea and for a couple months it's been broke.
Captain

Yea I have the same uruk for 2 months being dead lol.. (the nemesis from shadow of mordor) that fight in the gladiator part.

Im having captains pop in and ambush me and they are not in the army screen at all, also the online pit fights are about as broke as some other features of the game im not pitting even my worst orcs against this crap fest my follower stands there and taunts the whole time while the other cap lights him up ive lost more followers since the online pit fights came along than all my fort seiges combined and thats a steward rating with 1000 assault rating in every area
Uruk

Guys i think i already found a fix for this. I had the same problem with dead orcs not populating the army screen then i decided to try something.

Lets say you have 7 slots with dead orcs that won't repopulate. Also lets say you have 2 empty slots and 5 enemies slots (identified or unidentified) 7+2+5 = 14

Make sure you have at least 14 orc in your garrison.

Now go to your army screen and start deploying your orcs to those slots.

At first the empty slots will get filled, then the slots with dead orcs that have been bugging you for so long will get filled, then the enemy slots will get filled with your guys fighting their way in (they always seem to win). Do this till you get the message "No avaliable space for your follower"

All of your Army screen spaces should be filled, worked for me.

Now kill the orcs you don't want however you like and new enemies willstart to come back in to the army screen.

Hope this helps.

Captains still not showing up for online assaults, not as bad as before when only 1 or 2 show up but now when it does it none of em show