Follower

Level 60 cap

Does anyone know If eventually there will be an update so Talion can level up even higher than than 60? Since completing the game I've been against alot of enemy ranked 61 and above, even as high as 65 yet all we can rank to is 60, will this be changed in the future by any chance or is it going to stay as it is? Thanks Smiley Happy
The Bright Lord

Re: Level 60 cap

If they do have an increase in level, through dlc or patch or whatever, I reckon the orcs will still be able to go higher. They did that to counter the fact that, in SoM, we were a god at the end. Now we still are pretty handy by the end of this but, if everything goes right, or should that be wrong lol, we can be bested. If it were to go anywhere, i would like the odd level 70 orc to pop up. Very rarely. Once in a blue moon like rare. But one that if you don't approach carefully, will simply anhialate you. Or give you a flippin good fight. And when you die, cause you probably will, it would be an opportunity to shuffle the nemesis board again.
Forthog Forever.
The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

Are you sure they didn't just do it so recruiting Orcs isn't "too easy" because you have to shame them first, which not only takes time but generally ruins them by giving some kind of weakness, thus forcing you to use the garrisson?
Wait, no, MTs don't effect the game if you don't buy them, so that cannot be why.

p.s. I have noticed very little difference between fighting level 60 or level 65 Orcs, if any at all.

This is why I wish at least some Level 60 orcs would spawn, or the rate increased a little bit, once your at cap.  At least have a chance at an orc you don't have to Shame and potentially ruin.

The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

Its got sod all to do with MT's or the garrison. Op was about level cap. Virtually every thread will have somebody bring mt crap into the discussion even when there is no need what so ever. The higher level of the orcs is exactly as i said, to give challenge. And I completely believe the iron will is to either make you kill em, or work for em, and to prevent everyone making super orcs. Its a balancing act. If you destroy their mind, of course your going to give them weaknesses, which you either deal with, or move on to the next guy. If you could create an army of perfect orcs, then what? Play online stuff until everyone else has perfect orcs? Then what? And before someone says "duh why u defending mt's", im not. I dont like em, wish they were not in the game, and consider them to be a total rip off and a somewhat crazy purchase. But i have seen no evidence what so ever that they have borked the game, gameplay wise, in this case. They just haven't. In this game, you can quite literally ignore them and be fine for it.
I think mechanically they have had an impact on the nemesis systems stability, but thats not what anybody bitches about.
Gear wise, orc wise, progression wise and story wise, no effect. At all.

Forthog Forever.
Grunt

They kept orcs able to surpass our level so that shaming still has a use during end game. If their max was 60 like ours, once you hit 60 you would never shame anyone again unless they betrayed you and gained Iron Will.

Shaming should be saved for "punishment". The fact that I can't recruit an enemy who is on his knees, broken, seconds from death, because he's 2 levels higher than me is just stupid.

Highlighted
Nemesis

I'm shaming Orcs all the time in the open world, whether they have Iron Will or not, or whether they are lvl 60 or below.   At lvl 60+ it is a no brainer to shame them.    I use that as a 'management' tool so they keep their position in the Nemesis system.   Killing them leaves a slot open which may or may not be filled by the system and I am attempting to avoid tipping the ratio of branded to unbranded Orcs in any region to far in my direction.     Branding them, especially a mediocre or any non-Overlord potential Orc is no-no for me.   ALl that does is increase the risk of betrayal, rebellion, blood brother revenge or some other similar treasonous or prisoner-related mission which may nerf one of your prized guys.    I also turn tail and run from Ambush scenarios so as not to risk killing the guy - all in the name of keeping the ratio steady.  I normally try to keep at least 4 unbranded orcs per region + 2-3 slots with dead Captains not being cleared.