Novice

Hate betrayals? Try keeping Bruz alive

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not but my first playthrough was littered with betrayals. Betrayals weere so frequent and numerous that it came to the point where if I liked an orc and wanted to keep them, I would either make them a warchief/overlord or send them right to the garrison. It felt like any orc captain of mine that wasn't a warchief was going to betray me sooner or later and gain Iron Will. In that first playthrough, I killed Bruz shortly after I finished his quest line.

On my second playthrough, I've kept Bruz alive and overall my betrayals across all regions are way down. Over the course of my 2nd time through the campaign and shadow wars I have literally only had 2 orcs betray me outright. One of those was before I even completed the Bruz questline. I've had a few others since but that was mainly related to attacking blood brothers accidently. Like I said, I'm not sure if it is all a random coincidence or whether betrayals in general have been tweaked but as of right now Bruz seems to be my lucky charm in warding off betrayals. Might be worth a try for those who are put off at the frequency of their captains betraying them!

The Bright Lord

Re: Hate betrayals? Try keeping Bruz alive

I've kept Bruz alive and I get betrayed like mad.

I did not kill him. But other Orcs killed him. I miss him.How can I bring him back?  Smiley Sad
Warchief

pizzaface wrote:
I've kept Bruz alive and I get betrayed like mad.

Same here. I even made him a part of my army again and leveled him up. Just the other day I was betrayed by 5 orcs at once. I doubt that the number of betrayals has anything to do with Bruz.

Novice

I guess I stand corrected. I supposed I figured it had something to do with the whole story tie of "keeping him alive as a living example". Either way, my betrayals have been way down this second time around and it has made my game much more enjoyable. 

The Bright Lord

I think one reason I get so many betrayals because it depends on how many captains you brand, but because so many of them are limbo the % of captains I have branded might be really high.
Otherwise, I really wouldn't know, I never treat them badly, I never die. Why would anyone betray me?
Warchief

On my first playthrough I kept Bruz alive but in Shadow Wars i lost the fortress in Gorgorth. While i was building my Army back up to take it back, he betrayed me again and killed me, and then challenged the Overlord and became the new Overlord. Made the whole siege a lot more personal. Had a few more orcs betray me, until the assault. Seeing as Bruz was now level 61, this was by far the toughest fight i've had in the game yet. 45 minutes of running around, slaughtering or dominating his minions, all the while grimacing as he shouted about how he never wanted the fort, it was my fort, just take the bloody fort...

After kicking his head off the top of the fortress tower, i never had another betrayal again.

Novice

Only been betrayed once since keeping the captains at least 50/50 dominated and enemy. Had one area that was full of my captains and got massed betrayed. So I think it just a mechanic to keep you from dominating all Uruks along with Iron will. Bruz has nothing to do with it. Had him alive for the longest time, still got betrayed.
The Bright Lord

yes i had lots of betrayals too but i had way more iron will

and my bruz is still alive, in seregost, never betrayed me again

Nan iChir Gelair Mordor