Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Gameplay Walkthrough!

[ Edited ]

There just are no words to do this justice, no words at all, I think I'm going to have a lie-down to recover from this.

Why should I want to make anything up? Life’s bad enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it.
Captain

Re: Gameplay Walkthrough!

@ Stranger i know you are right but i will try cause the only ones i can think of are HOLY **bleep**ING **bleep**!!!!!!!!!.....and im soo sorry i dont mean to curse and i know im gonna get a slap for that but that was the most epic thing i have ever seen....way more that i ever hoped for....omg monolith you guys know how to do middle earth

Community Moderator

Yes totally telling you off for swearing but I think just this once it's the only reaction that makes sense,  how can you even describe all of that?

I honestly can't remember a gameplay reveal that is just this impressive, I'm completely and utterly blown away by it.

Why should I want to make anything up? Life’s bad enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it.
Senior Moderator

16 minutes of my life I never want back! that was fantastic!
Hard times don't create heroes. It is during the hard times when the 'hero' within us is revealed.

Always remember to "keep it civil"
Community Moderator

[ Edited ]

I honestly don't even know where to start to dissect this, I think the only place I can think to start is the near last thing said in the walkthrough

The Nemesis system means every part of this mission was dynamic and unique, no two players of the game will experience the same story.

That is simply mind blowing.

Vigilante of the Night

hype, love talions new wraith powers and the upgraded nemesis system
Captain

it looked like to we get to travel a little outside mordor as well.....i hope we actually get to go to osgiliath and minas tirith and we dont just see them on the map and after seeing that Rohan armor i might get my wish of the Gondorian armor....you know the armor plate that the soldiers wear in minas tirith in return of the king.....OMG i wont sleep another night until aug22

Outcast

DAAAMMMMNNNNN, my first reaction when I saw it! I absolutely love the trailer.

However, just 1 point of discussion. I got the impression that there is no/less free roam in the game, that would be a shame or did I just see it wrong?

Captain

@Mr.....i was gonna ask the same thing i wanna be able to travel to each region and explore and kill captains and warchiefs like it was in the first game

Community Moderator

It's shaping up to be what everyone wanted from a Shadow of Mordor sequel. Now we must wait, roll on August 22nd! 

"Sometimes, you just have to let go, and embrace what you've become."
Captain

we HAVE to get some conformation on open world exploration cause as cool as that was i dont just wanna do that i wanna go to each region and look around or just walk around killing cause i feel like it

Mini-Noob

I am so hyped right now. Freakin happy I bought the Mithril edition. This game has everything I ever wanted in a Middle Earth sequel. The gore is glorious, combat looks smooth and very nicely worked out. This game will easily win a GOTY award.

Community Moderator

It did say it was open world in the trailer, the exact words were

Shadow of War is an epic (and that might just be an understatement) 3rd person open world action RPG

They wouldn't have said that if there were not open world elements, I'd imagine we will hear more on that as we go but I'm thinking similar to the first game we might get a couple or a few different hubs rather then one big map.

Community Moderator

[ Edited ]

http://i.imgur.com/ARxXUfI.gif

http://i.imgur.com/fg86IkM.gif

Community Moderator

I'm just watching this and the whole time I'm thinking:

"Gonna need that tutorial thankee."
Outcast

@Haldir1120 The other day I read or watched an interview that I found somewhere in this community where one of the developpers sais that all we see in the gameplay trailer is extra. Each fortress lies in an area of the size we know from SoM which we can explore and in which we can do missions and find stuff.
So freaking amazing to explore all those locations!
Grunt

So it will be like som where you have two areas, but more then 2 Smiley Very Happy

But that means you will have a small space to fly with the dragon

BTW what do you mean by "extra"?

Outcast

With extra I mean that he said they tried to show a lot of the new things, bit also tried to add to the first game, onlu few things have dissapeared from SoM
Captain

@Mr.....thank you for the response.....i also watch an interview where Kevin stated region exploration is still in....its just like som where you do power struggles etc and explore the fortress he said is like a boss battle in a way.....the only thin im still holding my breath on is can we still visit/explore the black gate and i wanna know if you can execute trolls

Outcast

Hmm tricky question but perhaps you will be able to execute trolls, since in SoM you could also execute most of the animals lik caragors, ghuls and graugs