Novice

Competitive online conquest idea

-The player invading goes in blindcant inspect your fortress upgrades or your captains/overlord. 

-The player being invaded has to "accept" a request for being invaded each time, if he doesnt accept or deny after a set amount of time, you can invade him, but if he denies the invasion, you cant. When accepting the request, you can only see the username of the invader, his level, and his number of competitive invasions along with his W/L ratio. 

-Matchmaking based on Talions level and army rating 

-Equipment is locked at the beginning of the siege, the player invading cant switch any armor, weapons or runes for the duration of the conquest. 

-There is no last chances 

-The invading player cant revive his own captains, once they go down once they are dead 

-The invading player cant use summons during overlord fight 

-The siege is by default played on the hardest difficulty and cannot be changed  

-AI of defending Captains is more aggressive and they do increased damage to Talion 

However... 

ANY CAPTAINS KILLED DURING THE SIEGE ARE DEAD ON YOUR GAME TOO IF YOURE THE PERSON WHO GOT INVADED 

IF YOUR OVERLORD MANAGES TO KILL THE PLAYER ON THE FINAL BATTLE AND THE INVADER LOSES THE SIEGE, ANY ALLIED CAPTAINS KILLED DURING THE SIEGE ARE REVIVED 

Anytime your army successfully defends your fortress, their rating goes up and there are leaderboards specifically for competitive conquest. 

Thoughts? 

I personally would love this, since the player invading has more chance of winning due to experience playing and personal skill, on top of the fact that the person being invaded can lose all of its captains, it has to be very hard for the invading player to win the siege, hence the no last chance thing and the locked equipment and no summons in the overlord room. 

This mode would reward skill, effort put in building your army, and would even increase lootbox purchases since people can lose their captains during the siege.  

The Bright Lord

Re: Competitive online conquest idea

[ Edited ]

I like the idea of having a "hardcore" online siege mode, but I do not like the idea of defenders losing captains.

"...and would even increase lootbox..." Wow what a great suggestion. (Yes, Baboo, all of it.)

The Bright Lord

I think when grave walker mode arrives, that will be plenty difficult enough.
There are a couple of interesting ideas here but as a whole, I personally think its way to much of a re design of the basic mechanics. It would be a MASSIVE job to implement so, imo, would never happen.
Forthog Forever.
The Bright Lord

[ Edited ]

i agree with matchmaking levels

i do not agree with everything else, ranked siege is already very dificult

Nan iChir Gelair Mordor

I do agree on the u cant see the enemy weaknesses and strength. However the other things you said is just a no for me bcecause some players have like 5 bodyguards on a warchief and if you want to have no last chance plus increase damage people would not even stand a chance and this will cause people to not play rank at all. Plus people will abuse this system too, some people can just not attack at all and just defend all day long and just rank up easily and uruk captain is easily replaceable even if you lose them in defense. So people will not even attack they would just defend as it would increase their rating easily with no effort. Another thing is that who would want to attack anymore if defenae can gain rating.
The Bright Lord

I disagree that ranked siege is difficult. It is a walk in the park, the only thing that happens is sometimes I get silver.

Rank siege is not even hard at all. you can just camp it out but people want to rank up quickly not gaining sliver all the time. Almost all the people i faced has like 5 bodyguards for each warchief and sometime they are really easy but sometime they are hard like **bleep**.
The Bright Lord

Pretty sure you can only have 2 bodyguards per Warchief in online?

Oh i did not even know that im really sorry. Makes me feel like a idiot

Im already a steward but did not even know for online u only have 2 bodyguards. Im a fool