whats so good about ares

can someone explain how ares is good because when he's VII he's ealth and damage is really low

Best of the Best

Re: whats so good about ares

46k damage is nothing to squawk at and his sp2 can take out an entire team
Highlighted
Vanquisher

Oh dude seriously fully maxed him he kill any team with 5 secondes team up with Batgirl and blow everyone's brain when you chain with her sp1 equiped with cape of destiny and league of assassin's little knife
Vanquisher

Yep he's got one of the highest damage stats, until the recent power creep he had the highest damage stats.

he's got a really good passive, I actually prefer the changes made to it in the2.7 update.

I've augmented the health on my E7 Ares, so he's no longer a glass cannon 

Just tap into the speed force
The Dragon King

What's good about him?

Very high damage.
Quick light basic basic attack startup.
Fast and easy-to-chain heavy basic attack combo.
Moderate basic attack recovery.
Quick to return to blocking stance.
One of the better character-specific gear.
A bugged special 1, which deals more than rated damage.
Unblockable special 2.
Easy to get 200% on special 2.
Surest and most definite Raven killer.
Game-changing passive ability.
Senior Moderator

He used to be a GOD ! 

He still is in top 3 damage , though ....

..still has one of the most powerfull SP2 , and it is Unblockable ! ....after that it activates his passive  - good one also ! ...to bad they " fixed " it .....

These days , indeed ,  he is kinda fragile .....he needs badly health-augmentation ! 

Senior Moderator

His damage is top tier, his health can be augmented. On the right team he'll cut your survival battles down to about 17 seconds all the way up until round 8.

Exemplar

His armor makes a cool clanking sound when he hits you. That's pretty great Smiley Happy
A God Among Us

Yup to what everyone said: glass jawed cannon, but what a cannon! Best Raven killer w/ his Sp2, and nice area effect when equipped with his evolved sword.
A God Among Us

hey, tell me guys, while we're on the discussion of him: Did NR reinstate the part of his passive where even if the first opponent dies from the special, the next one still cannot block?

"I'm not wearing hockey pads."
-Batman
Senior Moderator

@legolas7465 the answer is : no ! 

His passive moves ( remains ) only if another char tag-in after his SP2 ....but I think there are just about three characters which don't get KO with his SP2 ....also the chars equipped with the 4W gears survives ....

Exemplar

2 words, Raven killer
Ice
The God of War

Vanquisher

I answered the guy pretty well but I did get any kudos ... Smiley Sad you are all horrible ! No I'm just joking lol and to finish the guy who didn't have faith into the god of war I would say that his sp2 is a single hit attack not multi-hit like pretty much everybody so yeah you just have to kill or get killed you face him lol
And yeah the sound of his armour is pretty nice too Smiley Happy
A God Among Us

Ok I gave you your darn kudos @antoinelb, jeesh 😜. I guess I need to turn my volume up next time I use Ares.

Sometimes a heavy multi-hit is nice to spread it out over more than opponent, but a single hit is what you need, especially against Raven. Insurgency BM is ok that way too, but Ares Sp2 is perhaps the most devastating single hit.
Justice League Member

So many good points on Ares. I have an E7 Ares im working on with health at 77k after augments. His combat style and god smack are my top 2 fav reasons to love Ares.
Defeater of Superman

Honestly, Ares isn't that good. He is good in certain situations if he comes in at the right time. If he comes in in situations where the conditions are less than favorable, he's going to get knocked out pretty quickly.
Vanquisher

Well dude you know for sure that if he has his sp2 prepared you have very little chance to survive it ????? When you reflect his sp2 it's only because the chance status of your gear was activated over wise you would die man I'm a vet in this game everyone is E7 level 50 I can take out ANY team except if I see this guy when he's prepared I will strategicly do anything to kill him before he spam his sp2 so thats why he's the best pretty squishy to play yes but even a arkham knight batman doesn't do that much damage even if it's written in the card the contrary you are probably new here go get some fresh air lol
Revenant Leader

Even at E5, my Ares packs a huge wallop on his SP2.  Put together with another one-hit killer (AKB or AOB) and Batgirl, that's a fury of a team.  He's my next card on deck to get some serious health augments, and he'll be every bit the killer that any other high tier card is.