Seasoned Veteran

My feelings so far (and yours too?)

So far this game is easily the best mobile game released. It's ridiculously in-depth and is very fun and sucks up hours of your time as Injustice should. Many pros about this game however there are a couple issues, mainly with the fact its on new release however I'd like to flesh some of those out and see what you guys think?

Pros:

-Clear and clean graphics: Graphic improvement is very obvious and the game overall just looks so sharp and pristine. I just love using it. Layout and design for things as well is gorgeous. Effects pretty dope as well seeing as this is a mobile game.

-Incredible combat system: Wow the combat system is actually quite un-limiting. Unlike the first game in which it was very repetitive what combat system you'd use, they've really gone above and beyond in terms of mobile fighting games. The fighting is mostly smooth (it has its clunky points) and has great choice in how you want to approach combo-ing and such.

-Great range of modes: I think this is one of the better improvements from the last game. Operations, Campaign, Story, Resource Missions, Arena and Challenges means there is a heck-tonne to do, and you'll never really be finding the time to do it all at once. Also having things like Ops that's helpful at getting good gear, money, xp and gems while you can't play as well as things like challenges and missions which give added bonuses like shards and xp capsules this is great. Also new online system is interesting, but I don't mind it. Mainly because of:

-Rewards system: Straight from the start it is very easy to get into this game. So much stuff from the constant daily and overall objectives. Daily rewards from the online plus the huge weekly stuff they give out. Gear from the free boxes, etc etc etc (Also link console, those extra 25 gems per day are so good). Makes some of the more harsh changes they've had balance out quite nicely. It gives me an incentive to get on straight away as the day rolls over. Also seeing how they handled the new character releases, it looks like new characters released will be fairly accessible and easily earned (with a little grinding of course).

-Good roster line up: It may of looked a little bleak in comparison to the console roster however after 1.4 came out its quite clear that they plan to have quite an enourmous roster of our favourites from DC. I think if they roll them out slowly as well means players can also have time to earn new characters, use and level up their current ones too. Having multiple strong lineups/teams is vital in this game (100% for Arena at least). 

-Character classes: It's just a good addition. You have clear advantages and disadvantages unless you're like me and use EKGL and PDF. 

-Gear: This is both a pro and con. But because moreso a pro I'm putting it here. It's simple and mean's players won't have enourmous and OP advantages (*4W SET FLASHBACKS*). However distinct lack of playstyle adaptibility in the gear. It's cookie-cutter style, which works and doesn't at the same time. Also cosmetically only affects if you have the full set (Set Bonuses btw aren't super effectual; however the cosmetic change is usually dope). Lack of a proper gear-pool is frustrating. Also it seems you never get gear for the characters you use. Also gear shattering system has increased in price quite exponentially, but talents on the gear acts to "balance" that out a little.

Abilities and Talents: Easy system to understand what abilities do, and levelling up is quite cheap and can be effectual. Talents is a nice addition and the free daily reroll is super helpful too Smiley Happy 

Cons:

-Those MotherBoxes tend to be **bleep**: Yeh I think most can agree, after grinding your ass off to complete Arena Battles, or a hard and outmatched boss fight you want something good. I've opened shy of maybe 50 (150Gem boxes) and just opened my first 250 Gem boxes. 1 Gold fighter. That's Green Lantern, who seems to be quite a common one. I've gotten repeats for useless characters like Gorilla Grodd and Wonder Woman. This is a bit of a hinderance because my list can only improve so far. I imagine people have had better luck but at the moment my faith in these is **bleep**. My 250 gave me another copy of silver and normal Wonder Woman Smiley Mad 

-New game bugs: Crashing, glitches, overall issues. This game is rife with them. Seems 1.4 has tried very hard to get rid of most of these which on the most part it has there are still some that linger. My game still crashes, sometimes abilities will just not happen for 5 or so seconds after pressing. Objectives don't register as completed. However their impact is rather minor I feel after update. 

-New energy systems: I wasnt a great fan of the old ones, and again they are quite restrictive in this game too. Your energy now covers your entire roster, and it's a ridiculous amount of gems to refresh it. (Need another way around that). It's quite **bleep** especially when you're climbing through heroic, the only part of campaign that gives reasonably good rewards and 5 battles in you're already out. And it takes 2 hours to wait for 1 more battle again. Quite a lot longer than the original IGAU. Arena is also wtf. So individual characters are restricted to 5 battles, every 12 hours. Whoever made this idea was having a bit of a laff. It can be so frustrating when for those 12 hours you only had 30mins-1 hour to spare and couldn't get the maximum out of your allocated matches and then the reset happens. Also when you have quite a lot of time, you don't quite get to utilise it as you smash out your main team's 5 in about 5 minutes. Also I feel it's harsh to give NO rewards for being defeated. I've been matched up against teams 4x my threat (won sometimes too with no extra reward lol) with no alternative but to fight a team that has at least 10k more threat. Nice waste of a battle. 

-SIM system: It could be so great, but it just isn't quite hitting it yet. It's convenient yes, but it's kinda underdone. You don't have enough. If you use those SIMs for the daily rewards to get them quick, because you can't be **bleep**ed doing that awful boss fight again or slightly tedious resource mission then you're gonna be running low in them. Droprate for the gear and stuff is O.K however no XP for active team? I feel that was a little harsh...

Multiple currencies and the sly pushing of microtransactions: We all knew this would be a reality. However it's nice to know that for the most part you don't have to. There are no distinct paywalls, however there can be pay obstacles (especially when Gold character droprates seem to be lower than my chance of getting a job with an Arts degree). So for the impatient, or the justifiably frustrated the resort is to go to spending little bits here and there. (I only spent the $5 on Starter pack and don't intend on spending further). 2 currency system also pushes for micros. Gems aren't given out anywhere nearly as readily as coins. IGAU was amazing for 100% not creating an environment where micros were needed at all. It was a pure luxury for those who just could. Made accessibility and playability much better and unfortunately takes a little away from the game. Largely though it's not been super apparent to me, but definitely one to watch so they don't push it too much further. (However like the Arena tokens idea, great way at securing good characters)

Daily Login Bonuses: Mine just randomly **bleep**ing reset (1.4?) But I'm pissed because I was about to earn some good amount of gems and Superman finally. NethereallmmmmmmmmM! (Otherwise they're great, just pissed atm)

Thanks guys for reading, hopefully this can inspire some great discussion around what we all feel about the game and what we'd like to see changed, updated, patched, added in etc Smiley Happy 

Exemplar

Re: My feelings so far (and yours too?)

It's good, but it's not that good. Best fighting mobile game? I could give you that. it is still a young game, but just like a fine wine, I'm sure it will improve more and get towards that standing of best mobile game.
Phalanx

Soso true. Couldn't agree more.
Highlighted
Skilled Kombatant

The biggest issue that will hold this game back is the disconnect between advancing your roster and advancing your campaigns.  Once you hit campaign 3, you're going to need multiple gold characters to stand a chance, even on normal mode.  Once you hit campaign 4 or 5, you're going to start needing 4 star golds.  It shouldn't take most players more than a week or two to get to those campaign levels.

Unfortunately, silver characters get outpaced VERY quickly, and it becomes increasingly difficult to farm golds the deeper you get into the game due to gem bottlenecks.  Within a week or two, you will be forced into repeating boss fights over & over & over & over, spending days leveling up your best team just to make it one more boss fight further.  It's going to turn off a LOT of players & this game is going to have a TON of uninstalls within the first month.

The developers need to reduce the difficulty curve on the normal campaigns.  I think the roster advancement speed is fine, but they need to make it so silvers serve some purpose other than operation/arena fodder after the first week of playing.  They should probably be relevant for at least a couple months, allowing players time to enhance their gold roster before running into a progression wall.

A God Among Us

Gorilla Grodd is underrated. His passive certainly sucks, but he's deceptively fast, probably even one of the fastest in the game.

Who do you want in I:GAU or I2? Send me a PM, so I can make an NCI.
Phalanx

@N3Rdm4N_88 His passive is effective after you reach lvl 5 which gives you 50%. Though only effective if opponent is trying to tag out.
A God Among Us

@Earl0114 I'm referring to Silver, not Telekinetic.

Who do you want in I:GAU or I2? Send me a PM, so I can make an NCI.
Phalanx

Oh. Sorry my bad.
Twelfth Level Intelligence

Whether I agree 90% or 80% it doesn't matter , I like your writing @STIGMS...kudos👍

Conjurer of Fear

The 1 and 2 star characters would be more interesting if they had a use. In IGAU bronze and silver were required for challenges, but in this game they are simply weak cards.

Good stuff! @STIGMS
Seasoned Veteran

Thank you guys for the support Smiley Happy And yes I feel that Silver 1-star (even 2 star down the track) become a bit obselete. However my team is made up of them. Also that restriction on only getting 10 shards for the 1star makes it painful to upgrade them. Hopefully like the last game those lower grade characters become useful, like mentioned with things like challenge requirements etc

Phalanx

Been having a problem since the update. I Press to attack and all I can do is block over and over. Able to use specials though. Also not all the time its random..weird
Secret Society Member

Dont u guys find the cost of gems and characters. Bit expensive?
Humanoid Ape

tbh, I'm finding it just a grind-fest. I would love someone to come up with a better F2P/P2P model that isn't so... well boring.

Do the same things over and over and over, and hopefully get a pat on the head.

I only have so much patience and then I find better things to do with my time.

The luck system is pretty poor. To get gold, you should have more of a certainty that your actions will give you a gold character, even if it takes a while. I like the new Arena rewards with WW, although with more players, I'm finding getting into the Elite stages harder (and I've got a bigger more powerful roster compared to a few weeks ago)

Conjurer of Fear

To the blocking instead of attacking big. I'm having that issue too, I find if I hit the home button and then go back into the game. My battle is paused but everything is working again.
Conjurer of Fear

i think daily login reward reset every month, not because of update

i have bad english
Community Moderator

My feelings - since the update - are that the gem drop rate from shortest op has really decreased.

Conjurer of Fear

@STIGMS

Mate, at thins point, I'm only playing to report bugs, and trust me, there are bugs Everywhere, if you look for them.

Just in the fighting mechanics, you can notice 3-4 bugs, as a general rule. I have yet to see Hero-specific ones, but maybe because I AM NOT ACTUALLY A BETA TESTER! Which the WB company seems to take us for, anyway. And we pay them for that, trololol!

Again, this is by far the worst fighting game I have ever played, bar none! It's unplayable.

I phoned WB tech support, they are like: we're working on it. The guy was even defensive, though very polite. I'm assuming they are getting swarmed with reports.

Even though it looks awesome, and it CAN be awesome, it is just a raw product, defective, a bugfest, and new ones keep popping up. So at the end of the day, my feelings towards this acclaimed product that's unusable, bringing frustration instead of fun? Disgust. Smiley Sad

Also, this is not just my personal opinion, it's a shared feeling among players, some at this point only play for the money they sank in already. Is it depressive? Yes. Is it denigrating? No, it's just the thruth.

Seasoned Veteran

@Nemaca No I definitely agree there are many issues riddled throughout the game. I'm sorry that you've probably copped the worse end of the stick in terms of issues. Hopefully WB/NR can fix these things quickly because I can more than assure you when the game is up and running (I suppose 90% is the best you can get atm) then it's definitely loads of fun. Smiley Happy Good luck man and appreciate your feedback
Fallen Savior

Feelings are mixed.

I kind of think if you came back in a year it would be a much better product.

Unlike MKX which was on the button almost straightaway, and like Inj 1 which they ruined about a year and a bit in. With awul massive graphics rthat only top end machines could play.

The combat system is flawed.  it should be hits that register specials, not a gradual timer.  As this just encourages AI to do what they do, and that is have a faster rate of climb than you, so you are swampled by endless specials as the AI can't fight properly. The MKX system is superb. You get blockers and you get aggressors and you get a mix, it is basically the quality of your fighting and in the end gear that gets you wins. 

The rewards system is fair enough, you get a lot of stuff very quickly, obviosuly to suck you in GACHA style and make you think you will win everything quickly.

But as we have seen with the last update, 150 chests are now basically dupe chests if you have been playing since the strat,a dn the 250 chest is now largly the only way you willg et new heroies with probably a 1% extra chance of a 3 star.  it is exactly like MCOC in that regard.

Gear is pointless.  The drop rates go from a lot to nothing and you ahve no idea why.

Challenge mode is the most pointless thing to have ever existed in any fighting game ever.  Scrap it.

Story is way. way too difficult, it is another level of game compared to the rest and bears no relation due to how massively more difficult it is, which is silly. OK you cna sit and get beat endlessely but who wants that.

And arena is too much of a relentless grind or a money pit.  If you are a good player unlike me who can routinely go 3v3 then fair enough you stand a chance, but the AI are so utterly inconsistent in 3v3 that I just get too frustrated to bother.

So as a 1v3 you have no chance obviously.