Skilled Kombatant

Jade's passive is broken.

Her passive is ABSOLUTE BS when she is teamed with Klassic Liu Kang.

Every time her passive activates, which is way too often, the game considers her counter attack as a TAG IN. Combine this effect with KLK's passive that long-term disables enemies on tag in, and all opponents are pretty much on permanent disable almost immediately.

THIS IS BROKEN.
Community Moderator

Re: Jade's passive is broken.

Broken in what way?

It says clearly that if she evades, she disables specials.
It has nothing to do with tag-in

Maybe OP but not broken
Revenant Leader

Quite a vicious combo I must say, I won't say broken. (Although I did just miss 4 combo Enders in a row)
Irritating certainly, but it is similar to rjv for special attacks. Cripple after special attacks is much less impactful than stun though. For combo Enders, well I never liked those anyway, they interrupt my chaining into special attacks.
Skilled Kombatant

Sorry, I was unclear.

Yes, Jade will disable after she does her little disappearing act, but it only lasts a couple seconds.  It's a minor annoyance, like it's supposed to be.

When she is teamed with KLK, she gets the benefit of his passive disable...which lasts like 20 seconds.  They should not be counting her passive effect as a "tag in." 

Revenant Leader

why The Hell Klassic liuu kang has that insane passive when The Daamn daevss knoww that ..
Diamond shi* ain't gonna be in a Paying or non paying playaass hand
Defeater of Superman

I thought that her counter-attack's cripple effect lasts about the same as KLK's. I'm pretty sure that's just how long it's supposed to last, and has nothing to do with KLK. I agree though, the two combined make for a very annoying team.
"I'm not wearing hockey pads."
-Batman
Highlighted
Skilled Kombatant

The only time I have fought her so far (without KLK) was in her challenge boss battle.  Those disables were lasting on a few seconds.  When I faced the hacker teams that had her & KLK in FW, her disables were lasting seemingly forever.  I haven't started leveling my own AK, but will report back once I can further test this.

Johnny Cage Stunt Double

Probably because is the boss, who knows. I find both having similar lenght (KLK and AJ) in their disable effect
Lin Kuei Grandmaster

[ Edited ]

KLK enables crippling for every tag in of any teammate that's why it seems to last longer. Combine this with the faster tag in from Jade and you have a killer combination.

Novice

I agree with the statement "Jade's Passive is Broken", but for a diffetent reason. Specifically, her "has chance to dodge any special or combo ender, after which she retaliates with an unblockable crippling ability" ability or "auto-counter" is what I have issue with. To make the counter more balanced, change what it can trigger off of, and how often it can occur. As it is now, the counter can trigger off of combo enders and specials occurring well above 50% of the time. I find this absurdly difficult to play against, making matches a game of "mother may I" as she can reliably counter every special and combo ender I throw at her. To remedy this, I propose one of the following options:

1. remove the ability to trigger off of specials, and lower the occurrence to trigger off of combo enders to around 35 - 40% of the time.

2. Remove the "attack" portion of her auto-counter, keeping her passive to "has chance to dodge any special or combo ender".

3. Turn her into a diamond level card and/or make her kombat pack exclusive. Given how incredibly powerful she is, she currently is a "must use" card in faction wars as she can easily solo a team with her immunity to specials and combo enders.

Personally, I think option 2 would keep her competetive and remove the broken-ness. Obviously, itd cost more money to make changes in the game...but thats a change i'd like to see. Thanks for reading my tangent!

tl:dr - to make jade less broken remove the unblockable crippling auto attack when she auto dodges.
Johnny Cage Stunt Double

I don't have Klassic Liu Kang so idk anything about that, but what I do know is that her special 2 doesn't give me power boost, it gives me strength and then it says the name of her passive, operative or something like that. And her passive does not give strength on her special 2 and I want power, the correct buff, not strength.

Community Moderator

Unless facing hacked account (TT), I have no issues with AJ. She makes battles last longer, but I rarely try enders or specials and that's it. She is punched to death like RJV. Not a big deal.
The Dragon King

you should try the approach of stun she doesnt evade.

also, she doesnt evade if you use your specials while she's blocking that often. just fire a cripple, or power drain when blocking and go from there
The Dragon King

also nice to use specials on her when you have bone shield active or rev Smiley Very Happy
The Kahn

I do agree, that she's very annoying when playing against her.
while playing with her, she barely evade combo enders and specials.

but on the other hand, her combos are slow. that would make her balanced in the player's hand.
But in AI's it's too much for sure lol
Drunken Master

You just cannot count on Jade evading when you need her to.

Jade is a terrible opponent, but  too much  unreliable for  player...

Lin Kuei Grandmaster

[ Edited ]

Definitely one of the most annoying characters to face.

Evading a special is fine or evading a combo ender is fine. The thing that annoys me is she can evade both specials and combo enders. To make it worse, her Equipment makes her so OP.

When you have a team having HSSC, SKJ, BK and MK, you can get to X-Rays faster. But if you don't have these characters, it's gonna be a long long battle. 

Community Moderator

One thing I enjoy the most nowadays is to nut crack Jade with SDJC after tag in. He is like Barry, he doesn't forgive nor forget. He punishes her big time as I give him WH and use with Cyrax. And I am sure she is enjoying her beatdown 😎
The Kahn

04.png

05.png

06.png

Tarkatan Nomad

Jade has heavily bugged, there's a chance u'll be locked in her helpless after she performs sp2 plus same thing happens when u pull her into Kombat with KSC' unbloackable sp1. They ought to fix this in the coming update