Lin Kuei Grandmaster

Do you think shao khan can break the holy trinity

[ Edited ]

New:

I can now say that he is probably the best diamond char. Having him in his team means that you are playing a 2 vs 3 game every single match. 4 bars of powers is insane as his SP 2 is CRAZY! I have literally killed the entire enemy team with 3 SP2s in a row. No need for brutality.

OLD BELOW::

\\In other words- can you place him amongst the best diamonds - KLK, RM, KRD

Me personally - still cannot say as I need to test him with WH and his gear.

This will basically mean that the match goes 2 v 3. Equipped with WH, his Gear, any other hp gear and soul medallion will mean

that there is no stopping him deal 3!!! sp2s in a row which will guarantee a dead enemy unless it is a Jadish kinda char with Sonya's shield.

So basically if this happens (and when we finaly get his gear) he will most probably end up and break the holy trinity. Smiley Very Happy

Until then - nah....he is just... OK. What do you think?

Soulnado Survivor

Re: Do you think shao khan can break the holy trinity

He's good but I don't see him among the best yet... the only good thing is his SP2, but he has a Huge problem and is that he is too slow, so you can't fight with him and get a great synergy with other cards, you fight with the others until he gets SP2 and then you make him tag in.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster

No, in my opinion, KSK is one of the worse diamond rarity cards, along with Devorah. Slow, no power gen due to only 4-5 hit combos, lacking passive (Unless they are tanky), and average stats.
Demigod

@Nuka no power gen? He has a base power generation of 130%!!! Even using one of the weaker power generation equipments on him allows him to easily build up power. 

But he is very slow. 

Johnny Cage Stunt Double

high power gen, high stats that compensate for slowness, one insta kill when below 40%... he can easy go in top 3 cards in game
Jinsei Protector

I would place KSK below HSSC. HSSC is not such a game changer as KLK, RM and KRD, but he has a huge impact in the game. Around him we had a new type of teams (Xray teams) and he makes fights fast & fun. I would say that he is the best friend of KLK and KRD.
Can we say the same thing for KSK? No! I do believe that he will be much more useful when his gear comes out (and KG gets fixed), but I still think that he would not be such a game changer..
A positive message Smiley Happy
Black Dragon Mercenary

Lol. KSK is a beast. Your holy trinity already got **bleep**ed up. KLK is better than RM on that team. He gets the bars from hssc and gives the other two cripple, plus he's The best opener in the game with devastator, life force, headband and earth mask.

But RM is of course that good too. But she works best with sai, bound demon and tomahawk with her own heal. In and out. So she needs characters that can take a beating. Say two highest defense character with equally high attacks like KSK and Goro once he's fixed.

Thats two trinities for you right there. That 40% rule? It eliminates sjv, ujv, gmsz, tqc, wqc's passive, klassic goro, stops revenants and bone shields. The durability of E7 KLG/RM/KLK will easily match the power level of KLK/KRD/HSSC
Jinsei Protector

@Thebodypolitic why do you use EEM on KLK? To avoid Snare? KLK gains from all DOTS and PD, even his SP1 gives him DOT and heals him.
My suggestion : Give EEM to HSSC and make him a starter, if you want to avoid Snare (and DELK). If you are not afraid of Snare, start with KLK without EEM.

Besides, if I got it well, why is there a need to make RM’s team slow, adding 2 tank characters? (Eg. you could give SM to RM for SP2 50% reduced cost and AJ, in order to make Tag-in faster and spam SP2 all day long.) I am not saying that KG/RM/KSK (is there a typo in your message?) is a bad team, but using KSK and KG as tank characters is not enough for a diamond. Maybe this is just my preference, since I always look for fast teams.
Black Dragon Mercenary

Snare, but much more from cripple. His gains from dots are minimal, I basically just consider him immune to most dots, and try to keep him immune from the few that still hurt him

Because RM does all the work, she just needs to be able to tag out fast. With golds I prefer sjv to absorb xrays and tqc to absorb specials, while adding their own thing. Jade is extremely unreliable. And that tag in thing doesnt work. Characters still get hit with xrays on tag out n even if you already hit your own tag in. I get impression they even tag slower.

I'm sure it probably is just a difference in playstyle. I see myself losing a lot of narrow games with your strategy, that I would normally win. KSK is actually not that slow with some unblockable.
Jinsei Protector

About KLK, I think that he has a small delay after performing SP2 (even more for SP1), so I try to tag him out almost every time that he kills an opponent. In general I tag-in tag-out a lot during a match (to make Spec Ops Tactics talent count), so I am not so afraid of Cripple.

You are right about the unreliability of AJ. To be honest, it was an easy example in theory, not in action.

But I would prefer a much more attacking team for RM. Between KSK-RM-KG and BHEB-RM-WDV I would choose the second one, exactly because it is faster. BHEB could serve to WDV a Crippled opponent, that would get snared and killed, so the bomb would be triggered easily. Hence your RM is the only character on the field that has health regeneration (+Critical Damage).

As you said, it is a matter of preference. I remember that some months ago I was losing some narrow matches as well, but adjusting the TT and playing again and again, it goes well now.

As far as KSK I also believe that with block breaker his combos chain well. I hope that when his gear comes out we will be able to built a team around him.
The Kahn

KSK goes well with Jade. You can constantly switch between characters and Shao Kahn tosses his hammer to opponent.

He's more like HSSC rather than RM or KLK. Not a soloer, but a very good support card.
Lin Kuei Grandmaster

Don't you think however that after his gear is out this will mean that the game is 100% 2  v 3 unless you unleash his 3 SP2s in a row on Jade and Relentless Jason? I mean, let's admit it - his SP2 easily will get more than 60 % away from any char unless diamond with 2 hp gears.

And if not already below 40 % then OK, I have 2 more SP2s. 

So long story short - 100 % game will be  2 v 3. You cannot do this with full x ray team as there will be always the chance of enemy getting reenant not to mention that you can get the quan chi - spec ops teams.

However, nothinmg can stop Shao Kahn but those 2 characters. However, you can easily just let them tag out and unleash your 3 SP2S on any other??? 

Don't you think that this will be quite OP?

Revenant Leader

KSK is a free character. Therefore the idea that he is the best card doesn't make much business sense - for this game and for any games. If he was the best character, he would help reduce players' need to buy EAPs, to open EPs, and to gamble on other exclusive packs which have been NRS's main revenue channel IMO.

He is a strong and solid character, but don't set too high an expectation for him.

I second @lefterisk idea that he ranks below HSSC.

Maybe KSK was introduced to satisfy some players' desire for diamonds which may otherwise motivate them to use illegitimate methods to obtain.

Cyber Initiative Leader

Shao Kahn's essence is appear when you use him with Outworlders only. Because his passive ability. RM is a good choice, and Mournful Kitana.

Highlighted
Lin Kuei Grandmaster

To answer myself a several months later -YES, he is def in there. Currently my top team is with shao khan and it is literally unbeatable. I hardly ever lose 1 char throughout my whole hard battle.

Shirai Ryu Assassin

I mostly agree with you, but since I fight against him a lot, I've discovered a few weeknesses that are really easy to exploit.  If you are facing him with KRD, he takes away a lot of his power and 40% of his health upon tag in.  Then when KSK is initially stunned, you can do a couple SP1s on him with KRD and just about kill him.  If he's not dead yet, then it's easy to drop in a second teammate (for me usually HSSC) and do an SP to finish him off.  His other big weakness is normal power drain teams with characters like PCC, UHJC, BK, etc.  When he's power drained, he's just a normal opponent, and a relatively slow one at that.  He's still good, and thankfully, AI doesn't really take advantage of his weaknesses.  So he's dominant most of the time.

Brotherhood Sorceror

[ Edited ]

Is it weird that my shao kahn can out speed most of my opponents?

Revenant Leader

Yes, it is.
Shirai Ryu Assassin

@Nibble
If you equip a block breaking
weapons on Shao Kahn,then no,he is very good and can outspeed most other characters.
If you give him block breaking equipment then he is truly a beast.
Revenant Leader

The top 3 still remain the top 3. Even now that his gear has been released. He still isn't a gamechanger like KLK RM KRD.