Mini-Noob

Re: Patch 1.06, is it even a possibility?

To address what Wintergreen said, we don't WANT to hate Origins.  We tried so, so hard to enjoy the experience and the game.  But, regrettably, we were betrayed.  We have paid a LOT of money for an unfinished product that has not been fixed despite repeated promises so it is natural for us to feel cheated and angry at WBM.  And we are going to boycott your games, not out of anger (well, partially out of anger), but because we know now that we will not get a product worth buying, that WBM cares so little for what is arguably their single biggest project that they are happy to simply abandon it to the annals of time after just over 3 months of release without fixing any of the issues that should have prevented it from being released in the first place.  

And who are you to attack the fanbase on a personal level, assuming that we are the dregs of society and that we don't care about wider world issues like the Olympics or North Korea, OR that we aren't doing anything in protest to those?  Does that mean that WBM shouldn't be held accountable for the dissapointment that they caused to so many fans of the Arkham franchise, or that anyone shouldn't be criticised for completely fouling something up just because there are "bigger fish to fry"?  The issue isn't on us, it's on WBM

Further to the point, you accuse us of souring the water for the people who actually are enjoying the game.  Which people are they?  Are ANY of them on a support forum?  Why would they be, unless they are having an issue with the game?  If they come here then it's to report a problem and they will only find a hollow silence and a "sorry, you already gave us your money, go play something else".  And it won't be us complainers that made them hate your company.

Finally, if we think something is bad, then we WILL complain about it because we don't want those responsible to get away with it, and, where possible, protect others from the experience.  And if we think something is good then we will praise it because we think success should be applauded and we want others to share in the joy.  Guess what we think about Arkham Origins?  Actually you won't because you've already abandoned the forum.

Master Vigilante

[ Edited ]

RoboSparkle wrote:

To address what Wintergreen said, we don't WANT to hate Origins.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Bingo! We hate the 'support' we've recieved, and the lack of quality testing before and after the fact. $80 is a big deal for a product that doesn't work and is not returnable because most if not all stores ahve a policy of not accepting opend digital media. I plan on not only following through with what I have said previously, but I also intend to inform every store that I am in that sells video games to pull them off the shelf and use Mercurys own words as the reason why they should send the broken game back. They have no intention at this time to further address the issues, they are only completeing what they are obligated to do under their current contract which is relaseing the DLC and then they don't have to do a thing more, and that's the general feel of it curretly until stated otherwise.

New Noob

Ok, that's very nice there.  Hey I have an idea Mercury, how about you tell that dev team they're working on something that I wont even spend money on.  Studios like yours are the reason why piracy happens, you put out **bleep** products and then you don't even fix them.  I'll keep an eye out for every game Warner Bros. Games Montréal makes in the future and make sure to never buy them again.

Throwing you in there right with Egosoft, Gearbox, and every EA dev out there.  You guys suck **bleep**.

Legendary Vigilante

@Deathstroke Gaming is my hobby, not my life.  Comic reading/collecting is my hobby not my life.  Unlike "some people" I am a video game and comic book nerd/geek who enjoys those two hobbies without crossing the line into being a dork who tries to pass himself off as a fictional character on a forum.

I came on this forum to report bugs that I found in AO with the belief that they would be addressed and/or fixed, not to bash a company.  I have been gaming since Pong, I say that not to claim superiority, but to let you know that I'm not "new here."  I am very familiar with the way the gaming industry works and the current state of the industry is heading toward another collapse because of the gaming companies' practices; practices like rushing a game out the door and fixing it later.  The practice of release first and fix later has become commonplace in the industry and it's starting to wear on the nerves of gamers (read: paying customers); all of the companies who are guilty of it need to be called on the carpet for it.  For a company, particularly a new studio, to pull that BS under the mantra of it being normal business practices is dangerous because it perpetuates the notion that it's acceptable and to stop bothering to fix anything is deadly because it can kill a studio.

If a pro basketball game was played with a half inflated ball and players with untreated broken limbs or if a NASCAR race had cars with parts missing  and potholes in the track would you blame the viewers in the stands for being disappointed and bash them for voicing that disappointment?  Personally I would blame the equipment managers, the team doctors, the mechanics and the track supervisors.  It's because of that viewpoint I blame WB Montreal for the state of AO.  Lest anyone forget, Rocksteady's Batman games were also published by Warner Brothers, so the argument it's the publishers fault has little standing; this falls at the door of WB Montreal.

Maybe it's because I'm American (I know some Posters here aren't) but it's always been my standpoint that everyone has a right to their opinion; everyone.  Everyone has the right to state that opinion when and where they choose no matter who disagrees.  Everyone has the right to disagree.  To paraphrase what you have recommended, if you don't like that others disagree with you, don't read their Posts.  If you aren't having problems with the game don't visit the Support Forums.

All in all, based on what I've seen of your Posts on these forums I can only recommend that you get yourself a reality check (i.e. there were multiple problems with this game that shouldn't have made it to release; there are still multiple problems with this game WB Montreal has no plans to fix (proven by Mercury's Post on this Thread); many people still can't complete the game because of said problems; Deathstroke is fictional; you are not Deathstroke; etc.).  If you feel the need to continue to pretend you are a fictional character and/or passive agressively pretend to be a separate fictional character you feel free to do so, but bear in mind we will feel free to take your advice with a grain of salt (and a chuckle with an eye roll thrown in for good measure).

"Batman -- He Nasty. Balls nasty."
Dark Knight

None of this is directed at any individual member, post or thread, so please do no take anything that follows as personal attack.  Consider it more of my general experiences in participating in this forum since October.

Proper discourse it how we work together as a society; be that as a member of a political forum or as a member of a game forum. I do not consider a game forum site as a less important way to participate in proper discourse.  The only difference is the importance of the discussion topics.  But the process is the same.  And we should be an example for our younger members to learn in forums like this how to properly conduct themselves in debate, before they become future leaders.

As some have found out, disagreement oftens lead to a downward spiral of personal attacks instead of adult discussion.  It's a shame really that we can all fall so easily to insults to bolster our opinions whenever they are attacked more than we are comfortable with defending them.

As members of this community it is our right and it should be our responsibility to inform and discuss our experiences for the benefit of all members.  Although i have not experienced a game breaking stop point, other members of our community have.  They are not to be ridiculed or have their opinions dismissed by me since i was lucky enough not to have their experience.  These members need help in getting an official solution, and if one is not forthcoming, a possible workaround by us, their community brothers and sisters.

As we've all seen, some members voice their opinion a little more vehemently, but i can understand the vitriol is based on total frustration with their problem and not being able to get it resolved to their satisfaction.  It's especially frustrating when an issue occurs with something you want to like, but cannot due to issues outside of your control, but not outside of your investment of precious time and hard earned money.

For my situation, I will continue to use these forums when and how i see fit.  Disagree with me as you would like.  But as long as my actions comply with basic forum rules i do not expect to be belittled in any way for my opinions.  Therefore i will not belittle others for theirs.

So who still uses this forum?

Members who like the game and still play it.  Great!  It's a fun game!  I look forward to your interesting posts as we wait for new DLC.  We need more of this.

Members who need game help?  The mods rarely helped other than some patch notification and a few tips.  I don't know.  Maybe it's not their job?  Most members are very generous with their time and expertise.  It's nice to see a community posting solutions, and members uploading PC mods, all of which take time and effort to accomplish.  We need more of this.

Members with broken games?  As forum members we can't resolve their issues with patches but we can at least be empthetic with them.  And we certaintly can provide them a place where they can express their feelings as they try to work out issues without future support.  And believe it or not, we need more of this.  I wan't to hear from our members who had the worst experiences.  Their voices should speak loudest to the companies involved with gaming.  It helps protect all of us from being taken advantage of in future games.

Sorry for the long winded rant, but i felt some things should be said.

Mini-Noob

[ Edited ]

Mercury, you and your entire team are one of the most irresponsible team developers I have EVER SEEN!

Are you **bleep**ing kidding me? Instead of having the balls to stand up and fix all the issues that plague Arkham Origins (and believe me, there are a ton of issues that need to be fixed!), you decide to be cowards and avoid it altogether?

I'll tell you this - never again will I EVER trust you, your entire team, Eric Holmes, or anybody within WBM to create another Batman Arkham game EVER AGAIN. I am SO looking forward to Rocksteady kicking all of your sorry asses with the next Arkham game. If I were you, Mercury, I suggest you and your team sit in a classroom and prepare to take A LOT of notes, because as far as I'm concerned, Asylum and City are MUCH, MUCH BETTER games than Origins will EVER BE!

Master Vigilante

Nicely stated S_i_d_e_winder. Sadly, this isn't how the real or virtual world works anymore.
Master Vigilante

Mercury wrote:

Hi all,

The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been reported on the forums.

If we do move forward with creating a new patch, it will try to address the progression blocking bugs for players, not the minor glitches that do not prevent one from continuing to play. The issues that are not progression blockers will unfortunately no longer be addressed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for some of you, and want to thank you for having been patient.

insert foot in mouth now.Gamespot just got wind of this and posted a report less than 15 minutes ago.while the source hasnt been indicated as a tweet or tip ect someone extremely disappointed with your ethical behavior(take your pick cause there are alot) decided everybody should be notified of it.now if WBM doesnt know yet im sure WBG will be on them to do something now because they wont accept the bad PR WBM doesnt seem to mind.so please dont notify them so they can be burned without preparation.they need the eye opener. 

Legendary Vigilante

[ Edited ]

Yep, the article even directly links to Mercury's Post on this Thread.

EDIT:  A quick search revealed that news of this is in multiple places on the web including gameinformer's site, reddit and destructoid and they all quote Mercury's Post on this Thread.  Gamers are incensed and rightfully so.

"Batman -- He Nasty. Balls nasty."
New Noob

On one hand, I really do appreciate a straight-forward, honest answer. 

On the other hand, this is one scummy way to do business. The game is broken, for many people. You need to fix that -- it's absolutely more of a priority than making more DLC to sell. If you can't handle that, for whatever reasons -- I'm assuming for financial reasons -- then the company needs to just go away. Count me among those who will never buy anything from you people again. 

Dark Knight

[ Edited ]

I should be more clear on this. Being a novelty account (which I am not) it is hard to be taken seriously and post an intelligent comment where people won't take you seriously.

WB Montreal was very immature on how they handled the news, that they said "we're not going to work on patches". Yes, that is very unprofessional. Yes. I agree, I'm a human being, I consider myself intelligent. Now here's where I make my counter argument. No one complains about Bethesda and their games. They are the most buggiest, glitchiest games and not once do they fix it. Do people complain? Never. But I am a fair man, so I do have to say it's because you can't really complain about a glitchy Bethesda game, that's like complaining the sun is too bright. Another counter point would be that Bethseda never talks about this kind of things.

WB Montreal is not interested in the little things, they know they got the basics down and tackled the biggest problems and currently have no time to take on the little problems.

In the end, it's all about software, there will always be bugs and glitches. No matter what.

This was all bad PR on their part. I will repeat myself because I am often misquoted. THIS WAS ALL BAD PR ON THEIR PART. And just because the problems only affect a minority of players doesn't mean it's not broken. All games are somewhat broken for a minority of players. It's always a judgement call on the developer if the minority is big enough to consider fixing the issues. In this case they opted not to....they just worded it very badly.

Off-topic but the next person to call me a nerd or a dork because they think I'm pretending to be a character is gonna get a sword in their eye...and not the right one because that's my thing.

"He encompasses depths of paradox, yes, but in him I see a good man, not an evil one."
-W.R. Wintergreen, major, British Army Ret
Capable Vigilante II

@Mercury if I were you I'd be going straight into the bosses office, showing him the comments on this thread and then direct him to google "Arkham Origins patch". All the first matches will be from sites like VG247, Kotaku, GAMESPOT, Destructoid... Quite a list I'm sure you'll agree. They reference your own words about how WBM is focusing on trying to wring more money out of people instead of doing the right thing and fixing what people have payed for. If you wanted publicity, well, you got it buddy.

Then I'd take look at all the hundreds of comments left by gamers who are unanimously disappointed with WBM's betrayal and abandonment of paying customers. Even folks who don't own the game are vowing never to purchase a game from WBM.

You got a bigger mess on your hands now than Arkham Origins ever was. Good luck trying to fix it. Perhaps WBM might start with a change of heart about that patch? Hmm, good idea!
Apex Vigilante

Im the guy that tweeted the link and the screenshot to Arkhamverse.

https://twitter.com/BANatetheGreat

"You see, I'm both Bruce Wayne and Batman. Not because I have to be. Now...because I choose to be."
Superior Vigilante I

It is nice to read that the Video Gamers community is relating to our issues and showing support.

As I said before... Word-of-mouth can build great things or topple down empires.

Let us continue spreading the word so it grown in numbers... And see WBM stock numbers wither.

Maybe then they will learn their lesson or get their just desserts.

And to the ones who posted about our concerns being "minor" and our cries those of "the minority":

Just because one doesn't experience a game breaking bug means one is entitled to belittle someone else's problem. Consider yourselves fortunate to be able to get the game experience we others were denied and stop making comparisons to other VideoGame developers to justify an unjust business practice. I live in a place where a certain store chain (which I bough the game from) which carries videogames, dvds, bds, etc, allows you to return a videogame if it is not to your liking or if it fails and I also didn't buy any DLC. Others are not so lucky as me and bought a bug-ridden game and got further cheated of additional money for the "season pass" which they will doubtfully be able to even play or enjoy at all.

Of course people will act mad when cheated out of their money and fooled by false promises. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't allow you to pass judgment on other's feelings and reactions.

If they never intended to fix the game, they shouldn't have even dared open a support forum or offer a single game update. It was their mistake not ours and we sure are not responsible for it.

Capable Vigilante

Well well well, the bottom feeding scumsuckers show us their true colours. My guess is they NEVER intended to fix this abortion of a half assed, poorly programmed attempt at a game.

Mercury, you are scum, WB Montreal are scum and Warner Brothers are the filthiest scumbags of the lot. You maggots give EA a run for their money.

Mini-Noob

how we denounce to these bastards?

New Noob

IGN brought me here.  Glad to see this is growing legs in the media and hopefully it only gets bigger.  Studios like WBM and their business practices are the reason why so many gamers are sick of all the crap that is thrown at them and why the game inudstry is becoming a joke.  It's bad enough studios release broken games, but **bleep**, we at least expect you to fix them.  Ten years ago this wouldn't fly and this game never would have been released(man I feel old).  Take some fricken pride in your work WBM, and if you won't do it for your work, at least don't dump all over a great franchise that Rocksteady and not you guys built.  It was clear from the first day I played this game how much attention to detail, effort, and "heart" did not go into this game compared to the first two.  I am sure a lot of artist and programmers did their best, but who ever is making the decisions on this game and everything around it is messing it up bad for them and the franchise.

Capable Vigilante II

[ Edited ]

Ok, this is for the people who find their way here from the dozen or so sites that have picked up and run with this story.

For the PS3, there have been 5 patches to date. FIVE. And still people are experiencing game breaking glitches among other frustrating and annoying bugs. I personally experienced a glitch with a campaign challenge map not unlocking. Naturally, this prevented me from obtaining all the trophies, and therefore the platinum, on that save file. I only played the game under patch 1.05, the latest for PS3, which claimed to have addressed challenge map unlock issues. Clearly it didn't. The suggestion I got from WB? Start a new game. From scratch. Just forget the 30 odd hours you just spent and start again.

Fact is, despite numerous patches that claim to have resolved issues, many players are still experiencing problems with things that have supposedly been fixed. This goes as much for the SP as the MP. There's even a post on this forum stating that fixing issues with a certain character skin is "too hard".

If you can be bothered to search a little, you'll find numerous examples of the arrogance and aloofness demonstrated by this company. It's disgraceful and gamers need to unite and speak out so that devs and pubs get it through their thick skulls, we WON'T be taking this **bleep** anymore!!!

Master Vigilante

I'm going to post this here also since this is taking shape outside of the forums. Many new readers may not go any further than this thread.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/General-Discussion/No-Plans-for-Releasing-Another-Patch-Dandy/m-p/12...

New Noob

don't kill Batman, correct the issues, no **bleep***** DLC like Arkham City (we do NO want play Gay Robin or another character)

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE DLC FOR THIS GAME UNTIL IT IS PROPERLY FIXED.

De la part d'un Français qui avait achetez tous les jeux Batman de Warner et leurs DLC, mais après le foutage de gueule du dernier épisode, you have lost a client !