Highlighted
WB-Emeritus

July 10 Update on PC Version of Arkham Knight

[ Edited ]

We have heard the PC gaming community outcry of disappointment for the initial launch of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. Again, we would like to apologize to you, the fans, and let you know that we are taking full responsibility for releasing a product that did not meet our quality standards, which is why we suspended sales of the game as soon as we understood the issues. The Batman: Arkham Knight fans are extremely important to us and our highest priority is ensuring PC users get the full, high quality experience of Batman: Arkham Knight they deserve.  Rocksteady Studios has created an amazing game with Batman: Arkham Knight and they are now working closely with us and our partners to ensure that we offer the same experience on PC.  Once the PC version is fully updated, Rocksteady and all parties will agree that it meets a superior quality bar and we will then make the game available for sale. 

Addressing the PC performance issues is still our top priority and at this time, we believe we have identified a number of fixes for the larger issues that were affecting PC players at launch.  These fixes are currently being implemented into the game and once we have been able to do some initial testing, we’ll have a better idea on the status of our progress.  We’ll provide an update on how things are developing next week.  

We can also assure you that because of this latest launch, we are modifying the internal review process for all of our games. For those who are waiting for the updated version of the game on PC, please know that we are working on this every day.  For the players who are continuing to play Batman: Arkham Knight on PC, fixes are continually being made to the game as we await the final updated version.  

Our continued focus on getting the right PC fixes in place for the main game has had an impact on the development of all DLC content for the PC version of the game.  This means that the Batman: Arkham Knight – Batgirl: A Matter of Family DLC will not be available on July 14th for those who are currently playing the PC version of the game.  We apologize for the delay and only want to make sure that any content that we offer is up to the standards that PC players expect. 

Thanks again for your continued patience, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment 

I am the overall Admin for the whole of community.wbgames.com. Feel free to contact me with ideas or questions about the forums themselves. For questions about the games hosted here, contact the individual manager for that title.

Noob Wizard

Re: July 10 Update on PC Version of Arkham Knight

Thanks for the update, now time to sit back with my popcorn and watch the toys get thrown out of the pram Smiley Tongue
Mini-Noob

Thanks for the update, please keep us updated as much as possible!
Professor Noob the Third, PhD

Thanks for the update, I can't wait for people to start getting mad again at around Friday next week because patience around here is nonexistant.

Mini-Noob

Thanks man, at the moment all we ask is to be kept updated with the patch progress so we know we're not being forgotten about or swept under the rug. I eagerly anticipate the proper release of the game.
Shadow Daemon NoOb

Why do we fall Master Bruce? So we can learn how to pick ourselves up again.

GOOD JOB RS & WB!!!

Wonder Noob

Well most of this stuff we already knew . But thanks for keeping us posted .

So if i get it corectly the update will come with the re-release of the game ?
Or it will come sooner ?

Thanks for the update

White Lotus Apprentice

So is there a plan in place for those of us with the Season Pass to just get a refund? Mine was refused because I waited too long. I waited to see an actual answer on whether you guys were going to release PC DLC on time or really even at all.
If you guys are doing a "Six Month" Season Pass, and PC content is going to be delayed an unspecified amount of time, I have zero confidence that PC customers are going to get all of the same content that console customers will get. We already know it won't come at the same time and won't go through any kind of QA/QC process.
Noob Wizard

@jweible, all this fixing, gaming, marketing processes are a bit to complex for you to understand. So go ahead, rage all you want.

So the only new information here is that season pass owners won't be getting early access to the dlc that was advertised, since we already knew you're "working on it" (whatever that means). So will there be any compensation for season pass owners? Or are we just getting scewed out of what we paid for?

[ Edited ]

Brutal...Steam's new refund policy is truly a godsend.  At least with a modicum of power back in the hands of the consumer, we have a viable method of voicing our displeasure.

I hope WB and associates learns from this **bleep**show.  And to any who are praising WB/RS for their efforts, pull your heads out of your asses.  This should never have been to begin with.

Mini-Noob

Very disappointed that Season Pass owners won't receive the Batgirl DLC next week. You don't have to sell it - just make it available for download for those of us who own the Season Pass while you continue to work on the updates. Some people have more issues than others, after all.

Leave it up to us if we want to play it or not, just as it's currently up to us if we want to play the current version of Arkham Knight.

:\

@jweible

Wow, that wasn't even 15 minutes.

White Lotus Apprentice

I've just submitted my refund for the PE at GMG. The decision to withhold SP content I paid for is ridiculous and I will not be treated like a second-class customer due to your company's incompetence.

Debating now whether to get the Xbox version. Heard at least that works for the most part.

This <3

Vigilante of the Night

fakeer wrote:

Well most of this stuff we already knew . But thanks for keeping us posted .

So if i get it corectly the update will come with the re-release of the game ?
Or it will come sooner ?

At this point, I wouldn't mind doing beta testing.  I mean, if you think about it, we basically paid to be beta testers anyway.  I'm not going to complain about that, what's done is done, but might as well make it official and let us opt into testing patches (even if they are broken) and let us provide feedback.

Right...so complex...oww my brain. Me no understand. How long did it take you to pull WB's **bleep** out of your mouth and hands before you were able to type that "valid" response to my comment?

Noob Wizard

You're just proving what I said. Not going to debate with you.

So...you didn't answer? 5 minutes to let go of the dicks? Or was it 10?