Professor Noob the Third, PhD

Re: Understanding the Batman Arkham Knight Release Model

[ Edited ]

Hm, I actually got the game via the nvidia promotion, so since that activates on Steam, does that mean I just get the Steam Pre Order bonuses? Or no bonuses? 

Also, is the Red Hood DLC timed exclusive?

World's Greatest Detective

Triblaze wrote:

Hm, I actually got the game via the nvidia promotion, so since that activates on Steam, does that mean I just get the Steam Pre Order bonuses? Or no bounuses? 

@Triblaze I am wondering the exact same, I got BAK because I got a GTX 970 and I am wondering if I will get the Harley Quinn Story Pack and the Gotham Future Skin Pack... I have asked but gotten no reply. As for Red Hood being a timed exclusive he is more than likely going to be released in the future or included in the Season Pass

@GhostMotleyX

My thoughts are that since the key is activated the same way as a GMG game for Arkham Knight, and their page says you get the pre order content, the nvidia keys should also come with at least the Harley Quinn pack. Fingers crossed we get the Beyond and Dark Knight Returns skins too.
Mini-Noob

Triblaze wrote:

Hm, I actually got the game via the nvidia promotion, so since that activates on Steam, does that mean I just get the Steam Pre Order bonuses? Or no bonuses? 

You could try to launch steam with the -console paramter or just run "steam://open/console" and enter "licenses_for_app 208650" into the command line. It should give you a "License packageID".

Compare the package number with this list: https://steamdb.info/app/208650/subs/

It might be 68463 or 56900.

If it is 56900 you get exactly the same stuff as if you bought it right now on steam. But I guess it is 68463 which is a special CD-Key only package. As you can see the package includes 5 apps including the Arkham Knight app itself. The other 4 apps are surely DLC apps. Unfortunately the names are hidden but there are definitely some apps included.

However it all depends on your Package ID.

Also, the packages are not yet finally configured but some days before launch it should all be revealed.

@Nephr0n Thanks, I didn't even know you could do this... I just did and it appears the NVIDIA GTX Bundle will be including Harley Quinn Story Pack and the Gotham's Future Skin Pack as I got the 56900 ID

1Untitled.png

Mini-Noob

[ Edited ]

GhostMotleyX wrote:

@Nephr0n Thanks, I didn't even know you could do this... I just did and it appears the NVIDIA GTX Bundle will be including Harley Quinn Story Pack and the Gotham's Future Skin Pack as I got the 56900 ID

Great news. Yeah, steam console and steamdb can be very useful to check stuff like this.

Btw. I contacted WB Games support to clarify the Harley Quinn issue with the "Premium Edition". I gave them all the information from the shops like gamesplanet, gmg, steam and xbox and explained the situation about different confirmations theses shops received from Warner.

However the support came up with this reply:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for contacting Warner Bros Technical Support

About your enquiry I'm sorry to inform you that unfortunately we do not have this type of knowledge inside of the department and we do not know when it will be released for the desired platform, we advise you to check from time to time the official websites where all the announcements are made:

https://www.batmanarkhamknight.com/
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/bd-p/Official-Announcements

Thanks for the patience and cooperation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah, thanks.

@Nephr0n Indeed, thanks for this! I'm very happy I will get Harley Quinn and the Skin Pack.

QUESTION TO ANYONE READING

Someone on Reddit asked me if the pre-ordering the Batman Arkham Knight PS4 Bundle Includes Harley Quinn, I have looked around and can't find written proof anywhere but on the image it does say it included the DLC. Does anyone have any ideas?

Mini-Noob

GhostMotleyX wrote:

@Nephr0n Indeed, thanks for this! I'm very happy I will get Harley Quinn and the Skin Pack.

Someone on the steam Arkham Knight bord mentioned a "pre-order label" added to your account if you pre-order through steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/615086038667489960/#c615086038677963783

I've never heard of something like that but of course there might be another way to grant access to DLCs that is unknown to me. As far as I know it is the sub ID that controls the apps you are supposed to own and when two users own the same sub there cannot be any difference between their content.

It would be interesting to see the exact "Arkham Knight" entry on the account page at https://store.steampowered.com/account/ from people who purchased the game through steam. Does the entry differ from the ones who activated an Nvidia key?

So don't take the DLCs for granted (yet), but seriously, I cannot see how there should be no DLC coming with the Nvidia key.

Vengeance of The Night

GhostMotleyX wrote:

QUESTION TO ANYONE READING

Someone on Reddit asked me if the pre-ordering the Batman Arkham Knight PS4 Bundle Includes Harley Quinn, I have looked around and can't find written proof anywhere but on the image it does say it included the DLC. Does anyone have any ideas?

It will do. In the UK at least the code is included in the game case of all 'first batch' copies including those in the bundles. I don't have no 'proof' other than Amazon says that the code comes in the game case just like past games. 

One who knows nothing can understand nothing. - http://psnprofiles.com/wwinterj
Superior Vigilante

[ Edited ]

Maybe you could put that info about the Red Hood DLC in the Netherlands in your first post so others can see it immediately? Smiley Very Happy 

(I'm new to this forum and I feel like I didn't reply properly lol)

Spoiler

I don't know if someone already confirmed this, but Eurogamer contacted Gamestop and they said that the Red Hood DLC will be available to everyone at a later date. Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-24-batman-arkham-knights-red-hood-story-pack-is-a-gamestop...

Triblaze wrote:

I don't know if someone already confirmed this, but Eurogamer contacted Gamestop and they said that the Red Hood DLC will be available to everyone at a later date. Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-24-batman-arkham-knights-red-hood-story-pack-is-a-gamestop...

If this is true that is great news. Hopefully it's included in the Season Pass.

[ Edited ]

GhostMotleyX wrote:
  • Any edition of Batman Arkham Knight purchased from Gamestop (US) comes with the Red Hood DLC, even the PS4 Limited Edition. However in the UK and other regions this isn't the case, you have to preorder certain editions that have the Red Hood Story Pack. e.g. I order the Batman Arkham Knight Limited Edition PS4 from Gamestop (US), I get the Red Hood Story Pack. I order the Batman Arkham Knight Limited Edition PS4 from Game (UK), I would not get the Red Hood Story Pack... this is just one example of many inconsistencies about the release model

It does appear if you preordered the Batmobile Edition from GAME (UK) you will be receiving the Red Hood Story Pack

https://twitter.com/GAMEdigital/status/608223963462926336

New Noob

Q: Do any editions of Batman Arkham Knight include the Season Pass or come with a discount for the Season Pass?

A: The “Premium Edition” of Batman Arkham Knight comes with the Season Pass, however not at a discounted price.

• Note the “Premium Edition” is digital only!

If u want the "Premium Edition" its 10% off on steam. The promotion ends on 23rd of June though.

Shadow Daemon NoOb

good work

[ Edited ]

I want to thank @CabooseXBL for making a video on this!

Here the guide fully updated so you don't have to keep checking each post...

Q: How do I get the “Harley Quinn Story Pack”

A: Preorder the game and you will receive the Harley Quinn Story Pack

Q: How do I get the “Red Hood Story Pack”

A: Preorder the game from Gamestop (US), Game (UK), EB Games (AU/CA), GamesTheShop (India), Amazon (Germany), Gama-Mania (Netherlands)

- I don’t know stores in other countries/regions that include the Red Hood Story Pack - If you do please inform me

- Any edition of Batman Arkham Knight purchased from Gamestop (US) comes with the Red Hood DLC, even the PS4 Limited Edition. However in the UK and other regions this isn't the case, you have to preorder certain editions that have the Red Hood Story Pack. e.g. I order the Batman Arkham Knight Limited Edition PS4 from Gamestop (US), I get the Red Hood Story Pack. I order the Batman Arkham Knight Limited Edition PS4 from Game (UK), I would not get the Red Hood Story Pack... this is just one example of many inconsistencies about the release model /// It does appear if you preordered the Batmobile Edition from GAME (UK) you will be receiving the Red Hood DLC

- As far as I’m aware there is no way to get the Red Hood Story Pack on PC from Game (UK) I have been told by several people who’ve tried to buy this that, and I quote “Game stopped selling it...”

- You should also note when you preorder the game from GamesTheShop (India) you also get a free T-Shirt

Q: How do I get the “Scarecrow Nightmare Missions”

A: Purchase the game on PS4, I believe it can simply be downloaded from the PSN Store.

- The Scarecrow Nightmare missions and other PS4 DLC are timed exclusives; they will eventually be released on Xbox One and PC

Q: Do any editions of Batman Arkham Knight include the Season Pass or come with a discount for the Season Pass?

A: The “Premium Edition” of Batman Arkham Knight comes with the Season Pass.

- Note the ‘Premium Edition’ is digital only!

- The premium edition is currently 10% off on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live (you don’t need to be a PSN+ or XBL member for this discount)

- The Season Pass (on its own) is 21% - 25% off on Steam (varies on where you live)

Q: How do I get the “Prototype Batmobile”

A: Preorder the game from Walmart (US), Amazon (UK) or EB Games (AU)

- When buying the game from EB Games (AU) you must get the "Special Edition if you want the 'Prototype Batmobile'

- When buying the game from Walmart you must get the “Walmart Exclusive Version” as this is the one that comes with the Prototype Batmobile Edition; not all editions from Walmart come with the Prototype Batmobile (i.e. Limited Edition) you must get the “Walmart Exclusive” version of the game.

- As for Amazon, only the regular edition comes with the Prototype Batmobile. If you ordered the Limited Edition from Amazon UK you would not get the Prototype Batmobile

Q: How do I get the “WayneTech Booster Pack”

A: Purchase the game from Bestbuy (US), Tesco (UK) or JB Hi-Fi (AU)

- I don’t know stores in other countries/regions that include the WayneTech Booster Pack - If you do please inform me

- Only the regular edition comes with the WayneTech Booster Pack, if you purchase the Limited Edition or PS4 bundle from Bestbuy you would not get the WayneTech Booster Pack; it is the same situation with Tesco

Q: How do I get the “Gotham’s Future Skin Pack”

A: Preorder the game on Steam (PC)

- This is almost certainly going to be a timed exclusive

Q: How do I get the “1st Appearance Skin”

A: Preorder the game from Amazon (US) or purchase the Comic Bundle edition of the game from Amazon (US)

- As far as I know the 1st appearance skin is only available if you buy the game in the US

The Comic Bundle is currently only available on PS4 and Xbox One (US only)

Q: How do I get the New 52 Skin Pack

A: You need to purchase the “Limited Edition” or “Batmobile Edition” of Batman Arkham Knight

UPDATE ONE (3rd June 2015)

• Changes made

10% Discount on Steam and PSN

Red Hood is available in Canada from EB Games

Prototype Batmobile can be acquired in Australia if you get "Special Edition" from EB Games

WayneTech Booster Pack can be acquired from ‘JB Hi-Fi’ in Australia

UPDATE TWO (4th June 2015)

• Changes Made

Season Pass has a 21% - 25% discount on Steam

UPDATE THREE (4TH June 2015)

• Changes Made

10% Discount for the Premium Edition does not require PSN+ (ends 22nd June)

Red Hood can be acquired if you preorder the game from Game Mania

UPDATE FOUR (5th June 2015)

• Changes Made

The Premium Edition is also 10% off on Xbox Live

Red Hood can be acquired if you preorder from Gama-Mania (Netherlands)

UPDATE FIVE (9th June 2015)

• Changes Made

It does appear if you preordered the Batmobile Edition from GAME (UK) you will be receiving the Red Hood Story Pack

https://twitter.com/GAMEdigital/status/608223963462926336

Remember guys to checkout the Google Doc, I update this constantly and it can be viewed on any device!

New Noob

Red Hood DLC

From what I've heard, the Red Hood DLC should come to steam as a pre-order bonus. This may or may not happen though. So for those that want to get it, but don't have a store nearby that sells it, keep a lookout on Steam.

UPDATE SIX

Changes Made

Red Hood can also be acquired if you preorder the game from GameMania in Holland and Belgium

Game (UK) have announced that Red Hood will be included if you preordered the Batmobile Edition or Limited Batman Arkham Knight PS4 bundle… no words on if the Limited Edition will come with Red Hood.

Highlighted
WB-Emeritus

[ Edited ]

All, 

Sorry it took a bit to chime in here officially, but we wanted to get the details clear for our fans. 

Fist, big thanks to @GhostMotleyX for all of the great work. 

Second, as I know many people have been asking about the details and content of Season Pass and if or when people will get the content. I hope the following makes things clear: 

Throughout the 6 months of additional Batman: Arkham Knight content, Premium and Season Pass owners will also receive the in-game content that is offered through various retail pre-order incentives. This includes the Harley Quinn and Red Hood Story Packs, and the Prototype Batmobile.  For those who did not receive the content with their game, these items will become available when their respective exclusivity windows expire in August/September.

The tl;dr version of this is: Premium Edition & Season Pass owners will receive all retail exclusive DLC after their respective early access periods expire.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion, please let me know if I can help answer anything else on the subject. 

Thanks, 

Yorick

I am the overall Admin for the whole of community.wbgames.com. Feel free to contact me with ideas or questions about the forums themselves. For questions about the games hosted here, contact the individual manager for that title.